Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1385498 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #6465 on: October 14, 2013, 01:16:37 pm »

UGH!

Is there a difference between Eador Genesis and Eador Masters of a Broken world other then graphics and POSSIBLY multiplayer support?

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: October 14, 2013, 01:27:45 pm »

I've not played Genesis myself, but my understanding is: not really. 

I suppose that the devs apparently intend to continue working to improve MoaBW, but presumably won't with Genesis... although on the flipside, I've seen a few people say Genesis is better because it's not as buggy, but I didn't experience much in the way of bugs last time I played MoaBW (though I don't know what recent patches have brought in that area).

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: October 14, 2013, 04:12:02 pm »

On a side note Papers Please is on sale

And someone please tell me more about this game lol

It looks like a border patrol simulator and that is too funny not to purchase.
Yep, it's funny and I really like the puzzle-like gameplay. Recommended.

Seconded this, i bought it at launch and i was not disappointed at all, expect maybe the poor shitty bomb :P

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #6468 on: October 14, 2013, 04:57:50 pm »

The gameplay hours bug hit me, too. Looks like it added 110 hours to every game I've played.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: October 14, 2013, 10:47:38 pm »

I had the bug, but it appeared to of gone away, or is only affecting some games of mine, not sure what is the case,  was adding 60 or so hours to games for me though.

In other news, salvation prophecy is a interesting game (25% off right now), basicly is a third person shooter/4X/space combat sim combination, was developed mostly by one person and is remarkably bug-free,  lacks some polish when it comes to models but I had fun playing it at least.  There is also more to the game than first appears (you don't unlock the faction control off the bat, need to do missons to rank up to unlock stuff but they go by fairly fast.  and there is some extra stuff that can come out of nowhere.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 10:49:18 pm by bluejello »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #6470 on: October 15, 2013, 08:09:25 am »

Ring Runner is on IndieGameStand for the next couple of days, meaning you can grab it for real cheap.

It seems to be fairly up B12's alley, what with absurdly customisable spaceships, but perhaps more arcadey than the usual fare. Give it a look?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: October 15, 2013, 09:42:25 am »

Ring Runner is on IndieGameStand for the next couple of days, meaning you can grab it for real cheap.

It seems to be fairly up B12's alley, what with absurdly customisable spaceships, but perhaps more arcadey than the usual fare. Give it a look?

I just friggin LOVE 2D space "sims". Is this sandboxy or mission based?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #6472 on: October 15, 2013, 10:23:15 am »

I'm not entirely sure. I know it has coop and stuff which is great, but I'm not supposed to be buying games so I'm trying not to learn too much about it and get excited.......

Sorry  :(

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: October 15, 2013, 01:20:07 pm »

So Midweek Madness, Terraria is on sale for 2.50
If you don't have the game now is a good time while the 1.2 update hype is still in.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: October 15, 2013, 01:35:05 pm »

So Midweek Madness, Terraria is on sale for 2.50
If you don't have the game now is a good time while the 1.2 update hype is still in.

With the new update there is less of a reason to grind for long periods of time. So it is a steal at that price.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: October 15, 2013, 05:17:23 pm »

Dust: An Elysian Tale is 66% off now, which puts it at $5.10 US. I'm considering buying it for the artwork alone but heh...

Are there any major issues with it? Does it, in fact, suck? I have a controller so that's not an issue.

EDIT: ah... no thread for it but there was a review like 30+ pages ago. refined forum searches ftw. "If you think you'll like it, you probably will" is enough recommendation for me.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 05:48:21 pm by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: October 15, 2013, 06:58:20 pm »

Is Jagged Alliance 2 Gold worth it?  When looking at Silent Storm I heard the two compared a good bit, and it looks like a good game.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #6477 on: October 15, 2013, 07:49:30 pm »

Dust: An Elysian Tale is 66% off now, which puts it at $5.10 US. I'm considering buying it for the artwork alone but heh...

Are there any major issues with it? Does it, in fact, suck? I have a controller so that's not an issue.

EDIT: ah... no thread for it but there was a review like 30+ pages ago. refined forum searches ftw. "If you think you'll like it, you probably will" is enough recommendation for me.

Yup, that was probably from me.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: October 15, 2013, 08:02:14 pm »

Is Jagged Alliance 2 Gold worth it?  When looking at Silent Storm I heard the two compared a good bit, and it looks like a good game.

JA 2 is a great game and it has a hand full of mods. I got most of the way through an LP of it. I liked it more than Silent Storm because the enemy turns in silent storm take hours.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: October 15, 2013, 08:33:34 pm »

Huh. Anyone tried this thing before? Opinions? Gamestand thing looks like an easy way to drop a fiver on the game if it's alright.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 1133