Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1385699 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #6495 on: October 19, 2013, 02:10:46 am »

On Endless Space:

It's a neat 4X space game. It's got an interesting world, it's got interesting races and race design mechanics, it has a useful tutorial (in the form of in-depth pop-up windows), it has quite complex planet/system development (complex in that it has depth, not that it's difficult to figure out), and there's more to combat than just mobbing up as many powerful ships as you can despite the system being mostly automated.

My main issue with the game is that I still haven't figured out how to play it well enough to beat the AI. I try too much expansion or not enough tech-emphasis in certain places or I don't get good heroes and I get screwed over somehow. Because of this I haven't sunk more time into the game. I don't know how active the multiplayer is, but considering the company is still actively developing the game (or at least as far as I can tell), I think it's lively enough if you're interested in that.
Check out some Let's Plays of it to help you decide. If you like 4X space games then you'll likely enjoy Endless Space, especially at it's Gold price of $8.74.

Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: October 19, 2013, 02:48:33 am »

Yup, the card mechanic is both surprisingly simple and fun.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: October 19, 2013, 09:58:15 am »

After watching a bit of a let's play I've decided to get it. Thanks for the help!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: October 19, 2013, 11:52:41 am »

Its worth mentioning that endless space is pretty unstable for multiplayer.  Desyncs like crazy.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: October 19, 2013, 05:24:58 pm »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: October 19, 2013, 05:29:29 pm »

Any opinions on Fallen Enchantress and Sins: Rebellion?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: October 19, 2013, 05:42:17 pm »

Any opinions on Fallen Enchantress and Sins: Rebellion?

Stardock is evil.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: October 19, 2013, 07:07:56 pm »

I've heard that Sins Rebellion is better than the original, but still heavily MP-focused.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: October 20, 2013, 12:23:22 pm »

Fallen Enchantress is pretty good.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: October 20, 2013, 12:25:30 pm »

Yes but Legendary Heroes is better... it is also not an expansion as far as I am able to tell, in spite of being called a stand alone expansion.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: October 20, 2013, 04:09:28 pm »

Yes but Legendary Heroes is better... it is also not an expansion as far as I am able to tell, in spite of being called a stand alone expansion.

Well, that's what "standalone expansion" usually means, even if it seems an oxymoron. Standalone = no other installable needed. Expansion because, I assume, not enough changes to be a sequel.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: October 20, 2013, 04:15:00 pm »

Well, that's what "standalone expansion" usually means, even if it seems an oxymoron. Standalone = no other installable needed. Expansion because, I assume, not enough changes to be a sequel.

Standalone expansion MEANS that it is an expansion that you can play without the original game.

The problem with Legendary Heroes is that it doesn't "Expand" anything if you have the original. Making it less "Standalone expansion" and more "Completely separate game".

I would even outright challenge that it isn't an expansion at all... but I assume if you have both you get to chose between them in a menu.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: October 20, 2013, 04:23:12 pm »

Semantics, Neonivek. We can take a loose definition.
I agree with Neonivek here.
There's a difference between a loose definition and an incorrect definition.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #6508 on: October 20, 2013, 06:27:40 pm »

I think examples of good "Stand-alone Expansions" are the THQ RTSs developed by Relic. That is, the Dawn of War series and the Company of Heroes series.

Stand-alone: Doesn't need the original title to be able to play it.
Expansion: Adds actual new stuff, and owning the original or other SAEs just gives you all the original and bonus content at once (so it's not a separate game).

Any game that says its an SAE but doesn't live up to what the Relic RTSs did simply aren't SAEs in my book.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: October 20, 2013, 06:46:14 pm »

I've heard that Sins Rebellion is better than the original, but still heavily MP-focused.

I found that it was pretty disappointing having owned Sins, but only because it felt it should have been another expansion rather than a full priced stand alone expansion. If you take that out of the equation though it is a pretty solid title. It looks a bit dated (the original was released in '08) but it's probably one of my favourite RTS games.
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 1133