Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 1132

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1370062 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #6525 on: October 22, 2013, 04:41:07 pm »

What do we think of Sir, You are being Hunted?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: October 22, 2013, 04:42:24 pm »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: October 22, 2013, 04:52:00 pm »

It had a thread...
So mixed opinions, but mostly positive. I would jump on it for $5, but I'll have to think about $10.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: October 22, 2013, 05:37:37 pm »

It had a thread...
So mixed opinions, but mostly positive. I would jump on it for $5, but I'll have to think about $10.

My understanding is that there is still quite a bit of content and AI upgrades that are planned to be put into the game. It's still on Early Access, so you have to take the current gameplay with a grain of salt. I haven't played it, but I'm definitely considering picking it up for the reduced price as a sort of investment for later.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: October 22, 2013, 08:05:39 pm »

Of course, it'll almost surely be on equal sale at a later point too, as almost all Steam items are.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: October 22, 2013, 09:40:50 pm »

AI War: Fleet Command and all of its DLC is on sale for 75% off this week. The entire bundle is $4.24. Thoughts?
The AI part it interesting. The actual game is, in my opinion, shit.
Still, if you really like the idea of playing a strategy game where the AI is specifically designed to cheat/be an AI, instead of being a multiplayer substitute, you will probably like it I guess.

I don't know if I'd say it's shit but... yeah.

The problem is it's very, very much on rails which is very very bad for a strategy game.

You can't take very many systems or the game punishes you, so you take a minimal amount of systems to secure chokepoints and then only destroy what you absolutely have to. There's no choice, because the penalties are too harsh for deviating.

Your ships are capped rather harshly per-class. Think 1,000 missile frigates would be perfect to bust that AI world? too bad, you can only build 300 (or 200 or whatever, I forget). This leads to you just mindlessly autobuilding every single ship type because it's the only way to get enough ships - again, absolutely no player choice involved you just build everything.

Research is hard to get so again, not much choice - you have to pick the optimal options... usually in the form of new ships (because of the above per-class cap it means you get more total ships). Most of the techs just have no purpose because even though they are nice they aren't worth the highly limited research. So once again, while there's some choice, it's minimal.

And so on.

It's an interesting idea, and I love the background of it basically being a last stand in a war you've already effectively lost.... but I played two games and never felt the urge to pick it up again after that because I knew exactly how it would play out.

On the other hand it's less then $5, the soundtrack (which is really excellent imo) is probably worth that.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: October 23, 2013, 12:21:49 pm »

What's supposed to be today's daily sale? I don't seem to see it anywhere.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: October 23, 2013, 12:39:03 pm »

The front page in a browser window is often a tad wonky for a bit after the 10am rollover.  It's displaying correctly in the client as Sniper 2: Ghost Warrior (-75% / US$7.49 sale price).
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: October 23, 2013, 12:42:37 pm »

The front page in a browser window is often a tad wonky for a bit after the 10am rollover.  It's displaying correctly in the client as Sniper 2: Ghost Warrior (-75% / US$7.49 sale price).

Yeah, now I can see it too, they must've fixed that in the meantime. Cheers.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: October 23, 2013, 06:26:45 pm »

If you own Miner Wars, you're supposed to have gotten a 25% off Space Engineers coupon.

Looks pretty neat. Probably not going to buy it, though. Maybe if they add multiplayer. I have a feeling most of you won't get it either, considering the rage that people experience to this day regarding Miner Wars.

If you own Miner Wars 2081 on Steam, you can get a Steam coupon that gives you 25% discount on Space Engineers.
This coupon is valid for 2 weeks, starting Oct 23.

* If you don’t own Miner Wars 2081, you can get it with 66% discount on Steam during the first week of Space Engineers launch (23-30 October) http://store.steampowered.com/app/223430

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #6535 on: October 24, 2013, 12:49:24 pm »

Deep silver sale today, today is Dead island. I got Riptide, but looking for a copy for sibling, and I've got Achron and Nazi zombie army if someone wants to trade one of those for riptide. Also interested in full package saints row, but can wait on that.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: October 24, 2013, 07:13:39 pm »

Not sales related, but Steam related:

I was having problems running all of the Telltale games, including some I had already played before. First I thought it was because Windows7, then because it was 64bit, but turns out it's LUA related: if you have installed LUA (the language, processor thing) it adds a variable to your Windows environment (LUA_PATH or something) and it conflicts with all these games, so I fixed it by removing that.

Hope it helps some of you if anyone's having the same problem.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: October 25, 2013, 04:10:40 pm »

Mount & Blade: Warband and all DLC's are 75% off.

Damn you Steam. JUST TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: October 25, 2013, 04:21:51 pm »

GIVE IT ALL YOUR MONEY.
Warband is one of my favorite games, but the main drawback is the AI and it's potential.  You can get a mod to easily surpass the incredibly small (Small being over a hundred individual soldiers each with their own health, weapons, status, and all that) battle size, but the maps are both not meant to support that and the AI doesn't really handle it well.   But there are few things better then riding at full gallop couching your lance as you and your heavily outnumbered Calvary charge an enemy force, break through, and open a hole for your heavy infantry, or fighting in the shade as your sharpshooters rain death on an enemy formation, leaving little for you to mop up.   I can't wait for Bannerlord if it does indeed live up to Warband's potential.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: October 25, 2013, 04:30:56 pm »

If you don't have any of the games, the bundle is a good choice. You get Warband and its two DLC/paid mods (that's essentially what NW and WFaS are), but you also get the original M&B, which may not be as good graphically, but has a whole slew of good mods that were not ported to Warband and have very very unique features.

Play as a necromancer, scavenging corpses and crafting items, then using those to help your hideously textured and modelled troops? Sure, Solid and Shade.

See Europe in the Napoleonic era, become a shameless social climber and be best bros with enemy officers to that degree you can actually ask them to do things for you even when you're at war? Order your troops to form big-ass squares because you're a fan of tableaus? Sure, Europe 1805.

Take part into a struggle between gangs, lawmen, US Army, ex-Confederates, Mexican Imperialists and Republicans, Comanches, Apaches and whoever happens to run into either of those at the wrong time, or just fuck off and go bounty hunting only to spend the money on prostitutes in Texas after the Civil War? Yep, grab that 1866.

Those are only the ones (except Custom Settlements, which is also awesome, but would take too long to describe) I played most. Warband mods tend to be a bit less unique feature-wise, but are far, far more pwetty and stable and sense-making, as far as I can apply that word to Warband.
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 1132