Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386043 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #6540 on: October 25, 2013, 10:13:24 pm »

Risen 2 appears to have good reviews. Anyone tried it? (and/or the first one)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: October 25, 2013, 10:25:18 pm »

First one's pretty good. I basically stopped playing after you get out of the town, though, once it placed me on a trail teeming with local wildlife that's way above my level.

Maybe they improved the scaling in the second, I don't know. I'd like to eventually finish the first one before starting on it.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: October 25, 2013, 10:45:07 pm »

First one's pretty good. I basically stopped playing after you get out of the town, though, once it placed me on a trail teeming with local wildlife that's way above my level.

Maybe they improved the scaling in the second, I don't know. I'd like to eventually finish the first one before starting on it.

If you've played the Gothic series, Risen is very much like those. The monsters are pre-scaled for each area depending on what your characters skill would be at that time. I can't remember exactly what the levelling system was in Risen 1 but I believe it was the Gothic 1 and 2 style collect-skill-points-and-use-at-trainers-to-level-up-abilities.

I do remember Gothic being a fair amount of; either you can barely hurt and enemy and it kills you in two hits or you can kill the enemy in two hits and it can barely touch you. While I might not like the combat much, the story line seemed interesting from what I saw (about the same as Mephisto).

Scour the land for every scrap of experience you can find I think it a good tactic. Risen is so much like Gothic it may as well be called Gothic, it even has expy characters from Gothic 2.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: October 26, 2013, 02:00:05 am »

Risen more or less IS Gothic. The two companies responsible for Gothic parted ways and one went on to make Arcania, the official sequel, and the other made Risen, the unofficial one.

It would be Gothic if not for the name belonging to the other company.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: October 26, 2013, 09:56:10 am »

So a game called Sparkle 2 Evo appeared on Steam for $3.49 and it looks very much like a game called Flow. Flow as you may or may not know was pretty much the direct inspiration of the Spore evolution stage and consists of playing a microorganism eating your way to bigger and better pastures.

I have a rather big weak spot for this sort of game as I find them oddly satisfying and relaxing. There's something so simple and elegant in eating things while not being eaten and becoming the biggest fish in the pond.
I'm curious if anyone has played this yet as I've looked on the steam forums and the opinions have been very mixed. Apparently it's a port of questionable quality from mobile platform. Sure it's cheap as chips but I'd really prefer to have less trash in my steam list, indie bundles have already claimed the majority of it as is.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: October 27, 2013, 10:29:07 am »

Saint's Row series on sale for 75% off, except IV which is 50% off.  II is $3.74, and III is $4.99 or $7.49 with all the DLC.

Also, System Shock 2 66% off for more retro goodness.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: October 28, 2013, 01:37:13 am »

Just FYI: Spec Ops is 75% off, bringing it down to $7.50. :)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: October 28, 2013, 02:02:50 pm »

Not a sale PER SE, but Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut is 50% off for those who have the original, and 75% off for those who have also the DLC. If this is temporary, I guess it counts as a sale. I doubt it will stack with future sales tho.

Amongst other things, it seems they fixed the bosses from the original (the DLC already was "fixed") so that you can defeat it other than just brute force, but using the less aggressive skills (this was a result of them being outsourced to another company that thought it was just a shooter, I think).

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/137386/whats-different-in-deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #6548 on: October 28, 2013, 02:30:34 pm »

Amongst other things, it seems they fixed the bosses from the original (the DLC already was "fixed") so that you can defeat it other than just brute force

That's why I stopped playing, actually. It was interesting until I had a boss fight that I couldn't win, no matter how many attempts, because I wasn't specc'd to be able to handle it properly. Like, maybe if I had player *perfectly* it might have been manageable, but as it was it was just so painful that I pretty much ragequit the game. Not sure if I'll pick up the Director's Cut though. Maybe eventually. Is there an expiration date for the sale price cut-off?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6549 on: October 28, 2013, 02:49:05 pm »

There isn't one indicated, so unknown if it will continue to apply indefinitely.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: October 28, 2013, 02:59:28 pm »

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/superpower-sims-Bundle/?utm_source=Reddit&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=superpower

This is one pretty amazing bundle.

For $3.99, buy 9 simulator games.

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, Trainz Simulator 12, Euro Truck Simulator, Agricultural Simulator 2011, Air Conflicts: Secret Wars, Trainz: Murchison 2, Rig n' Roll, GTR: FIA GT Racing Game, GT Legends.

All register on Steam.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: October 28, 2013, 03:27:14 pm »

Amongst other things, it seems they fixed the bosses from the original (the DLC already was "fixed") so that you can defeat it other than just brute force

That's why I stopped playing, actually. It was interesting until I had a boss fight that I couldn't win, no matter how many attempts, because I wasn't specc'd to be able to handle it properly. Like, maybe if I had player *perfectly* it might have been manageable, but as it was it was just so painful that I pretty much ragequit the game. Not sure if I'll pick up the Director's Cut though. Maybe eventually. Is there an expiration date for the sale price cut-off?
for the first boss i relied on chucking fuel tanks at him, second boss i had emp protection so grenades away!, third boss.... yea i only just shot him up.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: October 28, 2013, 03:59:33 pm »

Now you can use stealth and hacking to gas 'em or shock 'em or otherwise weaken them, maybe use an ability to carry a turret to the fight area, or a few other ways, even to kill them remotely without firing a single shot. Or so I've heard (I haven't even installed this game,  :D, so I don't know what I'm talking about).

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: October 28, 2013, 04:01:15 pm »

<double post>
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:12:25 pm by Sergius »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: October 28, 2013, 04:21:15 pm »

i wonder if they will increase the odds with the one hit killmoves cause i remember it was possible to use those but your window is painfully small.
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 1133