Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386724 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #6555 on: October 28, 2013, 04:54:45 pm »

Mount & Blade: Warband and all DLC's are 75% off.

Damn you Steam. JUST TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY.

If you don't have any of the games, the bundle is a good choice. You get Warband and its two DLC/paid mods (that's essentially what NW and WFaS are), but you also get the original M&B, which may not be as good graphically, but has a whole slew of good mods that were not ported to Warband and have very very unique features.

Play as a necromancer, scavenging corpses and crafting items, then using those to help your hideously textured and modelled troops? Sure, Solid and Shade.

See Europe in the Napoleonic era, become a shameless social climber and be best bros with enemy officers to that degree you can actually ask them to do things for you even when you're at war? Order your troops to form big-ass squares because you're a fan of tableaus? Sure, Europe 1805.

Take part into a struggle between gangs, lawmen, US Army, ex-Confederates, Mexican Imperialists and Republicans, Comanches, Apaches and whoever happens to run into either of those at the wrong time, or just fuck off and go bounty hunting only to spend the money on prostitutes in Texas after the Civil War? Yep, grab that 1866.

Those are only the ones (except Custom Settlements, which is also awesome, but would take too long to describe) I played most. Warband mods tend to be a bit less unique feature-wise, but are far, far more pwetty and stable and sense-making, as far as I can apply that word to Warband.
Yeah, I was one of those early adopters of M&B back when it was still a beta. So I had the original, patched up to whatever the release version was. Played the bejeezus out of it, found the Third Age mod and played the bejeezus out of that. And never grabbed Warband or F&S because I was still too busy playing the bejeezus out of the original. So it was totally worth it for me.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: October 28, 2013, 05:03:54 pm »

Mount & Blade: Warband and all DLC's are 75% off.

Damn you Steam. JUST TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY.
-selfsnip-
Yeah, I was one of those early adopters of M&B back when it was still a beta. So I had the original, patched up to whatever the release version was. Played the bejeezus out of it, found the Third Age mod and played the bejeezus out of that. And never grabbed Warband or F&S because I was still too busy playing the bejeezus out of the original. So it was totally worth it for me.

Hell, I have all the M&Bs and I STILL play the original from time to time.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: October 28, 2013, 08:20:46 pm »

Got me King's Bounty Platinum edition for $8.74. That's 3 King's Bounty games for the price of one. I heard good things about it and would probably scratch my strategy RPG itch.

Edit. They said you should by Crossworlds instead of Armored Princess if you only want 1 game. That being said, you still pay the same amount if you got Crossworlds and Legends individually than buying the Platinum edition.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:25:40 pm by majikero »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: October 28, 2013, 09:50:47 pm »

I've found 'em pretty pleasing, yeah. Nice games overall. There's actually another expansion/DLC(?) out beyond Crossworlds and AP now... something to do with vikings? I'unno.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: October 29, 2013, 12:51:21 pm »

ohmythatsalotofgamesonsale.idontevenknowwheretostart.goodbyemoney.probably.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: October 29, 2013, 12:59:14 pm »

Oh hey, typing of the dead. Might get that for nostalgia's sake.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: October 29, 2013, 01:00:58 pm »

Hmm. Not a single one interests me for a price I'd pay right now. My wallet is safe... at least until Christmas.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: October 29, 2013, 01:02:52 pm »

Same here.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: October 29, 2013, 01:32:26 pm »

Just going to quickly blast down some recommendations.

Nation Red is a really good twin stick arena shooter. I thought it wouldn't be too great but it's actually extremely addictive and fun.

Orcs Must Die! is a good action tower defence game which while a lot of fun can get a bit repetitive.

The Walking Dead (Telltale) is great, if you don't have it already it's a good buy.

Overlord is a surprising bit of fun as long as you don't expect too much out of it. It's about the right price.

Don't Starve is great. It's a survival game with perma death and a really nice art style. I find the game is much better with some accessibility mods like being able to wear a backpack and armour.

Lone Survivor is like a side scroller Silent Hill 2. A bit on the ugly side but it is rather unnerving and generally creepy.

Killing Floor is the best wave defence game there is. Highly skillful and tactical with a bunch of content. Even better if you have a group of friends to play with but pubs aren't that bad.

Serious Sam 3 is just great. Classic horde shooter and puts every piece of shit modern military shooter to shame. Well worth the money.

Rise of the Triad is on a decent sale, l I have yet to play it but I've heard mostly positive things. Not quite as good as Shadow Warrior but might offer some classic shooter niche.

Fallout 3 is on sale but NV doesn't seem to be. If you're new to the series New Vegas is better than Fallout 3 in every single way and 3 should generally be avoided. Bland Bethesda mess.

Sang-Froid Tales of werewolves. Action tower defence game with a focus on pre-planning traps before battles. Very tactical with a nice artstyle and Canadian folk story theme. The fear mechanics alone warrant a play of the game.

Sid Meier's Pirates! although very old is still perhaps the best pirate experience there is. It hasn't aged all that well but it still has a spot deep on my hard drive which I dust off to play every now and again.

Natural Selection 2 is an amazing non-parallel shooter with two completely different factions. It's a lot of fun but it has a rather nasty learning curve. Trying to learn the levels alone can be extremely hard. Very rewarding however.

Amnesia is a good survival horror game and pretty much rejuvenated the genre. I prefer the Penumbra series by the same developers but Amnesia is still a safe bet.

Limbo is a rather creepy puzzle platformer that starts out extremely strong and terrifying and unfortunately devolves into tedious physic puzzles. It's still a good little game even if it's just for the atmosphere and artstyle alone.

Atom Zombie Smasher is a fun title. Protect a strange little republic from a zombie invasion with artillery and all kinds of weapons. Civilian casualties are not only assured but even often beneficial.

The Void is made by Icepick Lodge and all of their games are worth looking at just due to how bizarre and other-worldly they are. I can't guarantee you'll enjoy The Void but it is quite the experience.

So far the only game I'm considering picking up that I don't yet own is Swapper. I watch a few trailers and that game seems very interesting indeed.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: October 29, 2013, 01:37:24 pm »

I can recommend Don't Starve, Limbo, and Fallout 3. Especially Limbo, although it has the least re-playability.

I don't know why people prefer NV over Fallout 3. I guess most people like endless deserts more than I do :P

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: October 29, 2013, 01:44:03 pm »

Adventures of Shuggy is awesome.  Can't recommend it enough at 1.24.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: October 29, 2013, 01:46:27 pm »

Lone Survivor is bloody fantastic.  Highly recommended.

I, on the other hand, am going through and suddenly noticing that I don't recognize half the games on my wish list =/  Time to prune again. . .
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #6567 on: October 29, 2013, 01:57:59 pm »

Some really good titles you are likely to overlook are:
- Ghost Master: fun strategy game where your objective is to place ghosts, which act like traps, so that you scare the inhabitants of several buildings.
- Zafehouse: Diaries: these guys have been cranking out SIGNIFICANT updates since release, adding more content like items, game modes, graphics features, events, enemies, and gameplay elements. It's a great game, which gives me a desperate feel I haven't felt with other games. Give it a go!
- SPAZ: it's a very neat space game, where you pilot increasingly better starships, upgrade tech, and have kickass space battles. Can be grindy, but very little if you know how to play. Once you get to the core, the "campaign level" game changes and becomes more strategic, which is great!
- Atom Zombie Smasher: I was so addicted to this! It's hard to describe, but give it a look - it's a kickass game!

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: October 29, 2013, 02:02:07 pm »

I'm willing to recommend:
Killing Floor - Worth it, it's like Left 4 Dead meets tactical gameplay with fortifications. Could get a bit grindy later on.
SPAZ - Top down space ship game where you can improve your ships and get new tech to get even better ones.
Don't Starve - Fun survival game with perma-death and crafting.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: October 29, 2013, 02:09:17 pm »

I can recommend Don't Starve, Limbo, and Fallout 3. Especially Limbo, although it has the least re-playability.

I don't know why people prefer NV over Fallout 3. I guess most people like endless deserts more than I do :P

Fallout NV is generally less buggy and overall a better game and story. Fallout 3 has a kickass DC nuclear wasteland and a giant robot of DEMOCRACY. Take your pick.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 02:15:15 pm by majikero »
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 1133