Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 1132

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1369736 times)

engy

• Bay Watcher
  • Military | Science | Consumer
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 07:53:10 am »

Speaking of Majesty 2, is there any way to get rid of the product key notification?

Every time I press shift+tab, I get locked into that menu. Shift+tab won't close it, and clicking on anything just interacts with the game itself.

If I could just ignore the notification I would, but it obscures some of the gui.
Yes, my computer's ram is bad; I had to remove to completely worthless sticks and the two I have left still give memory errors so anything that uses ram is pretty much disabled on my computer.

Anyway: Steam - Settings - In Game - Uncheck 'Enable Steam Community in Game'  It will disable the overlay for all games until you re-enable it.  You can still get messages, ect., they just will stack up until you exit whatever game you are playing.

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 10:57:14 am »

Victoria Complete Pack for $16. I've already got Europa Universalis III. Worth it?

I'd say it is, if you liked EU3.

Though it's not much of a discount, because in addition to the main game you have just some minor cosmetic improvements and the same game twice (Victoria 1 and 2)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 11:00:21 am »

I picked up Majesty 2 for 4 dollars and have been enjoying it so far(except the level with the dragon.  grrr).

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 11:11:08 am »

I loved majesty 1, brought the full pack on steam with the sale and am happy, id say you would get your 4$ worth out easy and its not really like anything else out there atm.  Anybody played the atom zombie smasher that is on sale atm?
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 11:35:45 am »

I picked up Majesty 2 for 4 dollars and have been enjoying it so far(except the level with the dragon.  grrr).

Man, this level made (makes) me rage so much. I return to the game every once in a while to lose this mission, then shelf the game for another couple of months.

I also HATE the fact that the expensive heroes you can transfer between missions don't do anything unless there is a huge bounty. WEAK.

Spiral42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 04:58:31 pm »

Anybody played the atom zombie smasher that is on sale atm?

There's a demo, if you didn't notice.

Although it didn't really interest me in the full game, personally. Not enough to spend more than $1 ~ 2 on it, if that.

I suggest trying the demo. I admit that after finishing my first campaign I haven't picked it up again, but I usually don't. I can say, though, that I had a fantastic time with it. AZS is one of the better zombie games of recent times because of its different approach. It's kind of shallow, but in the same endearing way that Tetris, Minesweeper, and Solitaire are. And it's not that expensive, as far as games go (i.e. AAA release day title at Australian retail price = USD$100... I'd gladly spend that on 10 indie games instead).
Add me on Steam: ColdSpiral

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 05:11:41 pm »

Victoria Complete Pack for $16. I've already got Europa Universalis III. Worth it?

I'd say it is, if you liked EU3.

Though it's not much of a discount, because in addition to the main game you have just some minor cosmetic improvements and the same game twice (Victoria 1 and 2)
What he said.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 05:17:17 pm »

I suggest trying the demo. I admit that after finishing my first campaign I haven't picked it up again, but I usually don't. I can say, though, that I had a fantastic time with it. AZS is one of the better zombie games of recent times because of its different approach. It's kind of shallow, but in the same endearing way that Tetris, Minesweeper, and Solitaire are. And it's not that expensive, as far as games go (i.e. AAA release day title at Australian retail price = USD$100... I'd gladly spend that on 10 indie games instead).

It also has 3-way co-op. To me the price is a little high on AZS.....the game is pretty much one note. Might be a fun, explosive note, but it's still one note.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 05:30:02 pm »

Anyone else got that Penny Arcade game when it was on sale? Played through it and it was pretty fun.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 03:16:21 pm »

Darksiders is $10.

I'm on the fence. I played about half of it, kind of ran out of interest. It's not a bad game at all, it's just the combat is super repetitive once you've unlocked all your weapons. Sword sword sword, scythe scythe scythe, throw scythe, do the finishing move. 
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 03:20:25 pm »

Opinions on the quality of the Xbox-to-PC ports of the newer two Odd games?

The conversions are supposed to be terrible. As is munches odyssey.

They were terrible.

The original abe games and munch both work fine for me now.  Still havent installed strangers wrath though.

Worth it IMO

The Dreamcast Collection is also terrible. It's a (crappy) emulator which, from what I can tell on the forums, doesn't work correctly (on the level of "I can't save," which I view to be pretty important) out of the box.

But that's not on sale. What is on sale? Monday Night Combat. It's free until Monday. If you like it, buy it before then at 33% off. I've never heard of it. I've never played it. It just popped up in my library and I thought it looked interesting.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 03:53:39 pm »

Monday Night Combat is basically TF2+Tower Defense, pretty fun game in my opinion, worth a buy.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 04:12:59 pm »

Monday Night Combat is basically TF2+Tower Defense, pretty fun game in my opinion, worth a buy.

Ooh, free weekend? Time to boost my K/D a bit, then!

But yeah, MNC is an excellent game. True, it's technically a console port... but the developers have done a very good job with it, carefully rebalancing the game so that it works well for the PC. And they're releasing lots of new content for the PC while completely neglecting the XBox players, so that's got to count for something!

You hear dozens of people whining about 'imbalances', but the fact of the matter is, people tend to whine equally about all the classes. (For a while, half the forums were claiming that Assassins were horribly OP, while the other half of the forums had concluded that Assassins were absolutely useless against competent players and their only practical job was to snipe turrets.  ??? ) Overall, it seems to be the usual "my class is UP, everyone else is OP" nonsense.

(I'd have a tough time calling it TF2 + Tower Defense, though. Turrets are only notable if you're defending in your base. Now, if you're playing Blitz mode versus the AI, then yes, it's half tower defense.  ;) )

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 06:31:40 pm »

Anyone else got that Penny Arcade game when it was on sale? Played through it and it was pretty fun.

I got that too. The character I made in it was based on myself, but ended up looking strangely similar to the TF2 medic, considering I look nothing like him. It was mostly the glasses I think.

Also from what I've heard about it isn't MNC combat more TF2 meets LoL (or DoTA if you prefer the origin of this gamemode)? Still yet to download it, and not sure it'll run on my system, which is a shame as it sounds great.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 06:45:56 pm »

I got that too. The character I made in it was based on myself, but ended up looking strangely similar to the TF2 medic, considering I look nothing like him. It was mostly the glasses I think.

Also from what I've heard about it isn't MNC combat more TF2 meets LoL (or DoTA if you prefer the origin of this gamemode)? Still yet to download it, and not sure it'll run on my system, which is a shame as it sounds great.

LoL, DoTA, HoN, etc are all pretty much just tower defense, right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 1132