Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 1132

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1369777 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 07:08:50 pm »

Anyone else got that Penny Arcade game when it was on sale? Played through it and it was pretty fun.

I got that too. The character I made in it was based on myself, but ended up looking strangely similar to the TF2 medic, considering I look nothing like him. It was mostly the glasses I think.

Also from what I've heard about it isn't MNC combat more TF2 meets LoL (or DoTA if you prefer the origin of this gamemode)? Still yet to download it, and not sure it'll run on my system, which is a shame as it sounds great.

LoL, DoTA, HoN, etc are all pretty much just tower defense, right?

Assuming by "pretty much tower defense", you mean "almost entirely not like tower defense", then yes, yes they are.  :P

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2011, 11:10:19 pm »

LoL Dota and HoN are sorta like a TD, in the sense you don't control the towers but support them with your characters. Oh and I got Super Meatboy when it was on sale during thanksgiving, best 15$ spent ever.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2011, 01:11:38 am »

Tried the demo of AZS and yah, not really worth the pennies.  If you find monday night combat interesting then I would definitely recommend that you spend the 20 bucks on TF2.  It is stoopidly cheap considering the size of the community and the 1000+ hours the average player puts into it
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2011, 09:28:11 am »

TF2 is a great game, but its kinda being muddled down by all the crazy-ass hats and weapons they keep putting in the game. Its no longer about winning the round, its about getting the best hats.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2011, 09:33:53 am »

TF2 is a great game, but its kinda being muddled down by all the crazy-ass hats and weapons they keep putting in the game. Its no longer about winning the round, its about getting the best hats.
I have an idea. Hats for winning rounds!

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2011, 09:36:17 am »

I have an idea. Hats for winning rounds!
This man/woman is on to something here...
Welcome to Reality.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2011, 06:59:13 pm »

Eh, the trade thing and the drop system are a pain but I like being able to pick out individuals and the hats are the simplest way to do that that I can see.  Having some 12yo try and scam me with a dodgy trade in every so often is a small price to pay for the joy that is tf2.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2011, 07:58:55 pm »

On steam can you send other people games ?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2011, 08:06:44 pm »

On steam can you send other people games ?
Yes. I believe jester is referring to the option in TF2 to trade game items between players, however..

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2011, 08:09:37 pm »

I know I was just wondering if someone would mind sending me Majesty 2 or Rome Total War. If it costs you to send it nvm.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2011, 08:14:10 pm »

Um, you can buy games for other people...  You can't transfer a game that is already tied to your account though.  (Sometimes, deals will give you extra copies that hang around until you send them to one person each.)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2011, 08:15:32 pm »

Oh woops sorry. I just wanted them because I have no money to buy them at the moment. ( I won't for a while. )

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2011, 08:49:52 pm »

Speaking of sales, I have a sale to advertise. This will only interest the five Steam users who don't have Half-Life 2 yet.

One mint, unopened copy of HL2, free of charge. It's been sitting around since I bought the Orange Box ages ago. I want to get rid of it.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2011, 09:00:03 pm »

Tried MNC for a bit. Decent game for a quick play. I like the combination elements (TD + FPS of sorts). May possibly be worth the 10 bucks for the time being. Haven't tried multiplayer yet. Is multiplayer better than singleplayer? Or is the community not the friendliest?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2011, 09:22:18 pm »

Speaking of sales, I have a sale to advertise. This will only interest the five Steam users who don't have Half-Life 2 yet.

One mint, unopened copy of HL2, free of charge. It's been sitting around since I bought the Orange Box ages ago. I want to get rid of it.

I want it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 1132