Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1385522 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #6390 on: October 09, 2013, 09:26:12 pm »

Oh god, Agarest is horrible.

Remember everyone complaining about how pervy it is? I think right now I'd only play it if there was actual sex in it. It's so freaking bad.

Pity it's so bad, the generational component sounded interesting.

Anyone know of a decent strategy game that does a multi-generational system like that well?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: October 09, 2013, 09:29:14 pm »

Crusader Kings.  8)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: October 09, 2013, 09:30:18 pm »

Remember everyone complaining about how pervy it is? I think right now I'd only play it if there was actual sex in it. It's so freaking bad.

Pity it's so bad, the generational component sounded interesting.

Anyone know of a decent strategy game that does a multi-generational system like that well?

Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War is my longstanding favorite of the FE series, which had a generational component so fascinating and fun that I played through the game 8 times from beginning to end just to try different combinations of partners. Though you'll need an SNES emulator to play it.

I can't think of any others off had.

Crusader Kings.  8)

Can you elaborate on this game a little? I'm intrigued as well.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: October 09, 2013, 09:33:34 pm »

Crusader Kings 2 I mean.

You didn't get the joke.  :-[

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: October 09, 2013, 09:35:16 pm »

The subtlety of your jokes has hit it's maximum level.

I'm still in the dark.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: October 09, 2013, 09:41:38 pm »

In Crusader Kings, you play as a land owning lord and when you die, you play as your heir. It's technically a multi-generational strategy game but I'm sure its not what he's looking for.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: October 09, 2013, 10:33:47 pm »

In Crusader Kings, you play as a land owning lord and when you die, you play as your heir. It's technically a multi-generational strategy game but I'm sure its not what he's looking for.

Yeah, I have Crusader Kings. It does a good job of it, though I was thinking more tactical level rather than strategic, sorry.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: October 09, 2013, 10:43:45 pm »

Well, breeding good heirs isn't a bad idea. There is some of that, but it's far more grand strategy than anything else.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: October 10, 2013, 12:35:38 am »

Yeah, I have Crusader Kings. It does a good job of it, though I was thinking more tactical level rather than strategic, sorry.
Yeah I don't know of any other than the Fire Emblem 4 on the 3DS. Even then it's not particularly amazing at the generational part though it is an excellent game as a whole.

It's why I was very interested in Agarest. But when I played it... urgghhh. I don't even want to remember it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: October 10, 2013, 12:41:28 am »

Yeah I don't know of any other than the Fire Emblem 4 on the 3DS. Even then it's not particularly amazing at the generational part though it is an excellent game as a whole.

It's why I was very interested in Agarest. But when I played it... urgghhh. I don't even want to remember it.

You mean Fire Emblem Awakening, which is actually like the 13th installment in the series. As I do in fact own it, it does have a generational aspect... I don't want to spoil too much, but I don't consider it a true generational system.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: October 10, 2013, 02:13:35 am »

I WARNED YOU I WARNED YOU!!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: October 10, 2013, 03:45:44 am »

I WARNED YOU I WARNED YOU!!
Hmmm... just goes to show, the more scandalous the cover, the more shitty gameplay they're compensating for.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: October 10, 2013, 04:07:50 am »

Dude I told you.
Keep in mind, these people, Idea Factory, are the ones responsible for Mars of Destruction.
I would implore everyone to please not give them money, ever.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: October 10, 2013, 06:06:46 pm »

Holy crap Humble Weekly Sale.

Cities XL Platinum
Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition
Divinity II: Developer's Cut
R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War
Game of Thrones
Confrontation

plus 2 optional games I've never heard about.

Probably doesn't go here but steamkeys and nyah.

(ALSO: F*you Capcom for putting on sale SSFIV and not letting me buy it).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:10:29 pm by Sergius »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: October 10, 2013, 06:34:01 pm »

There's a bundle thread.
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 1133