Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 1132

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1369836 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #6420 on: October 11, 2013, 09:03:34 am »

The big deals change every day, yes? If you want the best possible deal you should wait to see if it goes on daily, and get it then.

(ALSO: F*you Capcom for putting on sale SSFIV and not letting me buy it).
I should point out this game is on sale precisely because Capcom is releasing a new version next year and want to get what they can out of the old one first.

I believe the new version of SSF4 is going to be both a stand alone purchase and an upgrade for those who already own Super Street Fighter 4 and/or the Arcade Edition. Let me see if I can find an article...

"Those who own Super Street Fighter IV or Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition on disc will be able to download the new update as DLC for $14.99. Those wishing to buy the whole package can purchase a retail disc for $39.99, which will contain all of the previously-released costume DLC. Part of the reason, Capcom stated, is to allow tournament organizers access to this additional content."
http://www.shacknews.com/article/80155/capcom-announces-new-digital-update-to-super-street-fighter-iv
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: October 11, 2013, 09:45:55 am »

I think that GFWL is going to die in a fire is actually a good thing, since it's the main reason I can't purchase many games in my region.

Just hope they manage to patch the games, and don't replace it with something worse.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: October 11, 2013, 09:48:34 am »

I will miss playing Viva Pinata. Might have to buy a 360 when it hits $99.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: October 11, 2013, 09:51:37 am »

Man what currency are you in? Also shouldn't that game be like $5 used by now?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: October 11, 2013, 09:56:43 am »

Anyone familiar with Salvation Prophecy? (It's not really a sale per se because it only released Monday, but 25% off "special offer.")

It bills itself as a strange mix of FPS/RPG/Adventure/Space Sim/Strategy. There's FPS in ground assault, RPG elements in terms of skilling up and upgrading your ship, adventure and space sim in exploring, and some strategy elements.

That's a lot of stuff and I've given a cursory look at the forums and it was surprisingly not very caustic, as is so often the case on steam forums. Still, I've glimpsed at a few legitimate concerns, such as "limited" art assets and variety, which could probably be attributed to it being an independent title rather than publisher-backed.
My opinion of Salvation Prophecy is that if it came out over 13 years ago it would probably be one of the greatest space games of all time.  That said, the controls suck, the progression is just linear numerical upgrades (not going from a single pulse laser to a dual pulse laser or a beam, but +10% damage or +4 missiles), I just had a bad time (when compared to so many other games that have come out over the last 13+ years that fill the same genres).  Also the ground combat just stunk, straight up shit.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: October 11, 2013, 10:00:08 am »

Man what currency are you in? Also shouldn't that game be like $5 used by now?

I'm talking about the console being $99. I can't afford a PS3 or 360 and haven't been able to since they were first released. Without backwards compatibility in the previous gen it's just not worth it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:02:02 am by BigD145 »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: October 11, 2013, 12:20:38 pm »

360 is backwards compatible with some games, just search it.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: October 11, 2013, 12:25:41 pm »

360 backwards compatibility is pretty much null, there's a short list of games which excludes some very good and popular ones, and the ones that do run on it aren't guaranteed to actually work- expect lower frame rate, crashes, bizarre  bugs (for example in Mercenaries, your mini map completely stops working after a while).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: October 11, 2013, 12:29:47 pm »

So basically its exactly the same state the PS3 is in now.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: October 11, 2013, 12:35:18 pm »

So basically its exactly the same state the PS3 is in now.
technically a bit better as the 360 was software emulation so theoretically all the games could have worked. PS3 relied on ps2 hardware built on the motherboards and that was horribad.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: October 11, 2013, 01:28:58 pm »

Not on Steam but Civ 5: Brave New World is on sale at Newegg (digital code) for only $9.

Use the code EMCWXWW235

Edit: US only

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #6431 on: October 11, 2013, 01:35:04 pm »

Not on Steam but Civ 5: Brave New World is on sale at Newegg (digital code) for only $9.

Use the code EMCWXWW235

Edit: US only

Isn't working for me. They asked me to put in my email before the code, do you have to have a subscription to their offers to get it perchance?

(In the US)

Edit: Signing up for their newsletter then putting in that email address after didn't work either. :(
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 01:41:46 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: October 11, 2013, 02:24:25 pm »

I put my email in, hit enter.

Then you get the option to put in the code.

I don't remember signing up for any subscriptions.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #6433 on: October 11, 2013, 02:48:53 pm »

Figured it out. Apparently the discount is for the Mac version only (the sale is being run by Aspyr, the people that did the Mac port). But since it's a Steamworks title, the key enables both.

Use this link: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World

Here are other games that are also on sale with the same code: Other Aspyr games
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 02:53:01 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: October 11, 2013, 03:47:51 pm »

Figured it out. Apparently the discount is for the Mac version only (the sale is being run by Aspyr, the people that did the Mac port). But since it's a Steamworks title, the key enables both.

Use this link: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World

Here are other games that are also on sale with the same code: Other Aspyr games
SOOOOO TEMPTING... What  do we think about BNW?
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 1132