Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1385482 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9300 on: September 22, 2014, 02:05:36 pm »

The Humble bundle store is having their last free game giveaway of the sale. Today it's Tropico 3: Steam Special Edition.

I already owned Tropico 4, but hey, free's free.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #9301 on: September 22, 2014, 02:39:54 pm »

Yeah, Humble store has some crazy deals right now, to mention just Far Cry going for 5,99€ (from 29,99€) and Euro Truck for 3,99€ (originally 19,99€).
And I feel like trucking damn.

Also: Warhammer 40k mid-week on GamersGate, all titles 75% off for next two days. Time to purge some xenosWAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHHHH!
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9302 on: September 22, 2014, 03:13:20 pm »

Awesome! I have been waiting for Warhammer stuff to go on sale so I could nab some copies for a friend

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #9303 on: September 22, 2014, 03:30:25 pm »

The Humble bundle store is having their last free game giveaway of the sale. Today it's Tropico 3: Steam Special Edition.

I already owned Tropico 4, but hey, free's free.

Thanks for the heads up! I had forgotten to check this week.

This puts me at 199 Steam games, 175 or so of which I may never play... What has become of my life... Is this what it means to be an adult? If I could go back 25 years and talk to little me with all the big dreams and ambitions, who couldn't wait to grow up and make her mark on the world, what would she say?

"Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!"

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9304 on: September 22, 2014, 05:10:29 pm »

Oh yeah, I breached 250 pretty recently. Over 50% of which I have never installed.

I love Steam so much.
Praise be to GabeN.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9305 on: September 22, 2014, 05:17:03 pm »

Apparently I have over 500 steam games, but I play the hell out of em so I think that is okay.  I think I've finished over 40 games so far this year.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9306 on: September 22, 2014, 06:52:40 pm »

This puts me at 199 Steam games, 175 or so of which I may never play... What has become of my life... Is this what it means to be an adult? If I could go back 25 years and talk to little me with all the big dreams and ambitions, who couldn't wait to grow up and make her mark on the world, what would she say?

"Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!"

Welcome to my world. I came from an 'emerging economy' where a PC game would cost a week's worth of entry-level salary (US$50), which left only one way to obtain them. Then I migrated to Australia with MUCH better income-to-PC game price ratio. We do get slogged the Australia tax, but I hoard my games online through the likes of Steam, up to 213 games now. Building up collections on GoG too! Less time to play sadly. Probably I can include my Steam profile in my will and pass it on to my descendants!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9307 on: September 22, 2014, 07:23:32 pm »

Yeah, Humble store has some crazy deals right now, to mention just Far Cry going for 5,99€ (from 29,99€) and Euro Truck for 3,99€ (originally 19,99€).
And I feel like trucking damn.

Also: Warhammer 40k mid-week on GamersGate, all titles 75% off for next two days. Time to purge some xenosWAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHHHH!
This sounds really cool! I should get some of these!

...which are the good ones?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9308 on: September 22, 2014, 07:49:42 pm »

If you had to get just one, I'd probably recommend the Dawn of War Platinum edition. Soulstorm's good for mods, but the base DoW+Winter Assault+Dark Crusade is pleeenty sufficient to kill a good chunk of time with. Master Edition would work, too, if you wanted the whole shebang.

DoW II is also pretty alright, but it's much... smaller? More focused, I guess. Nearly as much RPG as RTS.

I've never played the non-RTS ones, though. Can't comment on those, but I hear Space Marine is decent enough for a 3rd person action game.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9309 on: September 22, 2014, 07:57:09 pm »

This sounds really cool! I should get some of these!

...which are the good ones?

Dawn of War 1 & expansions are RTS games. I found them pretty fun, they aim for a bit more dynamic RTS than what you'd find in something like StarCraft. Examples being resource points that are placed in fairly open areas as opposed to SC's expansion bases, and squads can reinforce in the field rather than having to recruit replacements in the base and walk them all the way over. I hear they've got some ludicrous mods these days, but I haven't tried them yet.

Dawn of War 2 & expansions is more of an action-RPG thing. At least in singleplayer, you have a small number of squads that level up in between missions and you also find and unlock more gear for them. It tries to be tactical with various specialized squads, but at least I found it to be a bit prone to just attack-moving everything to death. It was still a fun experience when I bought it earlier this year.

Space Marine is a third person brawler. You're a space marine captain. Between you and the end of the linear level are hundreds of orks. Go nuts! It's a dumb game, but in a good way. Much recommended.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9310 on: September 22, 2014, 08:04:53 pm »

Space Marine is one of the few shooters I find fun these days.  Its mindless, senseless violence that makes you want to shout "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" 
You only have very limited regenerating health.   You can regenerate your main pool of health by activating fury mode, which also increases your damage output.  However, your main method of regaining health is executing stunned enemies by stabbing them with a giant chainsword.  There is a wide variety of ranged weapons, from your standard assault rifle, a remote activated grenade launcher, and a giant anti-tank shotgun. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #9311 on: September 23, 2014, 02:38:47 am »

What about Space Marine's MP and replay value? I'm thinking of grabbing the full pack but if MP is dead as some comments on GG suggest then I guess it makes no sense to pick map/Dread DLC... And is action and violence enough entertaining for more than one run? When I think of mindless, senseless violence I think of EDF:IA (which I love and is fun) but also Ryse: Son of Rome (which seems ok but after watching one LP of it I have absolutely no desire to actually buy and play it myself).

As for DoW series - yeah, I'd pretty much agree with what has been written. I played original DoW, a demo of Winter Assault and a fair bit of Dark Crusade and I'm almost certainly picking up the whole pack. I've heard Soulstorm wasn't that great but I like my series to be complete but more importantly there's apparently a pretty fantastic mod for Soulstorm that shifts DoW towards Epic scale - that is, Titans, more heavy tanks and more units on the screen.

Didn't play DoW 2 though, but I've been watching a lot of replays from MP matches lately. Specifically, this guy's casts. Dunno, I think he does good job. I've heard that singleplayer (at least in vanilla) suffered from some bad AI, but MP seems really fun. And from my understanding of WH40K universe, it plays more like the tabletop version (smaller unit count, more customization etc.)

All in all I'm probably picking complete version of both DoWs. I was hoping to get a physical copies one day, but unused ones go for more money I'm willing to pay so...one day, I guess.

edit: Note to those intent on buying DoW - Franchise Collection, that contains everything related to DoW 1 & 2 actually costs MORE than DoW 1 Master Collection and DoW 2 Grand Master Collection COMBINED. I can't seem to find a concrete reason as to why so I'll go with "fucked up pricing".
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 03:18:01 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9312 on: September 23, 2014, 02:59:27 am »

Darn, I haven't played MP on space marine for.. a year now? It was pretty decent when I last played it.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9313 on: September 23, 2014, 03:44:12 am »

I played the multiplayer of Space Marine briefly when I first got it and, while it's possibly exasperated what with me being in Australia, there was a bit of an issue with games being hosted by people rather than having dedicated servers. I would try and join a game only for it to drop out while loading due to inactivity or the like. What I did play was quite good though and with a team of friends would make for a nice cooperation shooter.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9314 on: September 23, 2014, 04:20:40 pm »

I've got a 75% off coupon for "Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe", if anyone wants it.
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 1133