Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1010 1011 [1012] 1013 1014 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386427 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: Lukewarm Summer Sales
« Reply #15165 on: July 03, 2018, 06:17:59 pm »

My Steam Summer Sale damage:

Rakuen
OneShot
Dead Cells
Tyranny
Avorion
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Deep Rock Galactic
Project: Gorgon

Dead Cells is great - just make sure to play it with a controller! It also gets a lot better as you progress and get more items/weapons as well!
Bah! Controller is not needed (also controllers in general hurt my hands after about 20 minutes of use, so I am biased as hell).

My bank account was reduced by:
Stardew Valley
Mark of the Ninja Special Edition
Victor Vran + DLCs
Darkest Dungeon: The Colour of Madness
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15166 on: July 03, 2018, 06:35:01 pm »

I picked up a few items:

Rimworld
Metal Gear Solid V
Final Fantasy XV
Earth Defense Force 4.1
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #15167 on: July 03, 2018, 06:38:13 pm »

Twitch prime members will be getting a bunch of free games this month, some standouts include Pillars of Eternity (available now) and Tyranny later in the month.

https://blog.twitch.tv/get-ready-for-the-biggest-game-giveaway-in-twitch-prime-history-52e55aba19eb
I assume these are more things on their YADP (Yet Another Distribution Platform)?
I was just about ready to pull the trigger, then remembered that the last time I got stuff from them, they locked it behind YADP, and I got tired of those about a decade back.
DRM-Free or Steam are my requirements.
Oh well.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #15168 on: July 03, 2018, 08:41:06 pm »

I picked up a few items:

Rimworld
Metal Gear Solid V
Final Fantasy XV
Earth Defense Force 4.1
If you're playing it on PC, I'd highly recommend getting the Infinite Heaven mod.

Also, do note that the game is showing its age somewhat in the sense that Metal Gear Online isn't very active (and doesn't work at all for me), FOBs are very inactive, and that many of the few people who do seem active on FOBs at all seem to be hackers and/or exploiters who do things like cheat vehicles into their inventory to increase their scores or have friends attack them to trigger blockades.

Still - great game if you can see past all that.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15169 on: July 03, 2018, 08:42:49 pm »

I picked up a few items:

Rimworld
Metal Gear Solid V
Final Fantasy XV
Earth Defense Force 4.1
If you're playing it on PC, I'd highly recommend getting the Infinite Heaven mod.

Also, do note that the game is showing its age somewhat in the sense that Metal Gear Online isn't very active (and doesn't work at all for me), FOBs are very inactive, and that many of the few people who do seem active on FOBs at all seem to be hackers and/or exploiters who do things like cheat vehicles into their inventory to increase their scores or have friends attack them to trigger blockades.

Still - great game if you can see past all that.
I assume you're talking about MGS5, but you never actually say so in your post...

I'm not super interested in playing online anyway.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #15170 on: July 03, 2018, 08:45:58 pm »

Oops.

I always forget the little things - I do mean MGSV.

But yeah, if you're interested in singleplayer only I feel obligated to tell you the second act of the game isn't all that great - half of the missions or so are just old ones with more difficulty - modifiers like "you immediately Game Over when spotted" or "you start the level with literally nothing".

Sime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15171 on: July 04, 2018, 07:25:28 am »

Any thoughts as to whether I should get Gary Grigsby's War in the East (70% off), or War in the West (63% off)?   Which has better replay value? cheers.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15172 on: July 04, 2018, 09:37:22 am »

EDIT: I'm an idiot and got my games mixed up. Just grab whatever front interests you the most historically. They're pretty much the same game after all identical replayability wise. War in the West is different in a bunch of grognard-y ways.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 09:44:23 am by USEC_OFFICER »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15173 on: July 04, 2018, 11:08:24 am »

I've heard nothing new about the West front
Love, scriver~

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15174 on: July 04, 2018, 01:43:42 pm »

Bah! Controller is not needed (also controllers in general hurt my hands after about 20 minutes of use, so I am biased as hell).

I went from giving it about a 7 to giving it an 8 after being able to use a controller - it just felt so much more natural and was obviously designed around it. Each to their own though - I know a lot of people prefer KB+M for everything.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15175 on: July 04, 2018, 04:52:42 pm »

• Subnautica - A very nice game, haven't finished it yet. If it were a survival/building game, some elements would be annoying (unable to queue crafting), but other elements are well designed (transitions between swimming & habitat/vehicles is fast and mostly smooth for ex.). Also, nice visuals. Minimal combat elements. Nice adventure/exploration game. (I wish Planet Explorers turned out like this.)
  • Magicmaker
  • Anno 2205 - actually had played an unrestricted 'demo' version but wanted the real thing for some upcoming free time that I will have (also +DLC)
  • Hyper Light Drifter - novel storytelling in that it is not rendered in text/speech.
  • Thea: The Awakening - interesting concept but I can't really get past more than 2 or 3 hours per game. I dislike the research system. Gearing every new person is a chore (especially given weight restrictions.)
  • Pillars of Eternity expansions - forgot I had the base game already.
  • Tyranny + expansions
  • Stories: Path of Destinies - I managed to actually get each 'truth' with each go through, so I only actually played it 5 times (truths + final ending). Rendered it somewhat short but it was getting repetitive by then anyway.

Might grab Divinity: OS too, but that's a lot of RPG to get through, particularly since I also want to get through Planescape: Torment.
Considered getting Stellaris + everything but steams reviews and comments here make it sound shallow. On the other hand, I don't even really know what that means. Which is the more shallow between Civ4 and Civ5? Civ5 and Beyond Earth? Beyond Earth and SMAC? (That reminds me, might get Beyond Earth expansions.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 05:00:07 pm by Niveras »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15176 on: July 04, 2018, 11:17:04 pm »

Superhot had a before sale price increase. The game was already overpriced, but they expect us to pay even more for it now! Ridiculous! It's devs like these that make me want to pirate.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15177 on: July 05, 2018, 07:43:12 am »

With about 4 hours of sale left and just 1.5 weeks of annual leave to fill, I went on a bit of a viking binge and picked up Northgard, Expeditions: Viking, and Banner Saga's 1 & 2.  Also (not viking related) WH40K: Gladius, although the discount on that is probably pre-order based rather than summer sale based.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15178 on: July 05, 2018, 08:52:12 am »

WH40K: Gladius

I didn't realize I needed a 40k 4x. Yes please, though I'm going to wait for some reviews.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15179 on: July 05, 2018, 09:14:00 am »

WH40K: Gladius

I didn't realize I needed a 40k 4x. Yes please, though I'm going to wait for some reviews.
You're a wiser gamer than me :p
Pages: 1 ... 1010 1011 [1012] 1013 1014 ... 1133