Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386636 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15255 on: August 27, 2018, 12:34:17 am »

I've just been playing through the SP campaign. Nothing fancy but it looks damn cool, and the combat is engaging even against the AI. Although it does feel at times like "Glorified QTE: The Game", the overall depth of your combat options, the aesthetics and buttload of customization takes it the rest of the way to interesting. The story is pretty silly (A lot of raspy "WHY?", "WHO ARE WE FIGHTING?", "WHY ARE WE HERE?" out of the main character in Chapter 1. It's trying to be edgy and moralistic with its wantonly violent game, but it comes across as kind of comical. Setting that aside, if you want a "period" gritty medieval looking and sounding, somewhat casual SP action game, for Free I really have no complaints. I've watched a fair amount of the PvP in the past for this and it doesn't really interest me. I'd play this in a better PvE capacity more excitedly, tbh, because the customization looks awesome and I'd grind for some of that. Just not too wild about being guardbroken and tossed around in PvP.

But if I want to kill an afternoon running around in armor and violently executing people in PvE, I now have a game for that...(until Bannerlord comes out :P)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:53:09 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15256 on: August 27, 2018, 02:45:45 pm »

Not sure if it's considered an actual sale, as it's not listed as a sale price, but The Last Remnant is down to $10 for the next week or so before it disappears from the store forever.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15257 on: August 27, 2018, 02:54:52 pm »

Thanks for the heads up, it's been on my wishlist forever. Guess I should finally buy it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15258 on: August 27, 2018, 03:39:56 pm »

I put Witcher 2 on my Gog wishlist yesterday and today its 85% off. 

I think they put it on sale just for me.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15259 on: August 27, 2018, 05:55:25 pm »

Not sure if it's considered an actual sale, as it's not listed as a sale price, but The Last Remnant is down to $10 for the next week or so before it disappears from the store forever.
It's apparently the normal price. That said, it's a pretty alright game and ten bucks wouldn't be much, if any, of a waste for it. Had it for a while but it runs like ass on my machine, unfortunately.

Still, distinctly remember the initial story-bits being unintentionally(?) hilarious. The folks you first encounter seem pointed villain material, on top of plainly thinking (correctly) your protag is a bit of an idiot. Some fun bits of character interaction, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15260 on: August 27, 2018, 06:18:25 pm »

When they finally do remove it, do you think piracy would be justified? I'm not that interested in Jrpgs thankfully, but it would suck for people who would have been interested in that game only finding out about it when it was gone.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #15261 on: August 27, 2018, 06:41:18 pm »

Trailmakers is currently 40% off on Steam.

I haven't played, but the game got a glowing review from Showbiz on these forums, and has mostly positive feedback on Steam.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15262 on: August 27, 2018, 06:52:11 pm »

When they finally do remove it, do you think piracy would be justified? I'm not that interested in Jrpgs thankfully, but it would suck for people who would have been interested in that game only finding out about it when it was gone.
It still won't be legal, but not a lot of folks will take offence to that I think.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15263 on: August 28, 2018, 01:53:26 am »

There are many pros and cons to the abandonware issue.

Firstly, copying it definitely isn't depriving them of a sale, since the sale is impossible, so any financial loss argument is moot. The same if you weren't going to buy a thing anyway. Did checking out a bootleg copy make any tangible difference to the world? If not, it's a thought-crime.

However, say you made a thing, and didn't want people copying it, and you also didn't want to sell it to anyone, but people are freely copying it and enjoying it. Just because you weren't willing to sell a copy doesn't make it automatically ok for someone else to copy and/or distribute it. So, it's wrong from an author's rights perspective, since you now lose authorial control over the creation.

Also, enforcing copyright requires subsidies in the form of taxpayers' money. Companies want to make and sell products easily, but want someone else to pay for the IP protection system, which includes you if you pay taxes. The claim the protections are needed to make products viable, but that's just the same as saying that their product isn't commercially viable on it's own unless the deck gets stack at someone else's expense. The reality is that the price to copy something is really low: supply is high. IP protections allow companies to restrict supply which means they can boost prices and make more money. Things like piracy actually helped to create a better pricing situation for PC games. Blindly going along with the rules wouldn't have done that: obedience to the money machine only means they'll charge more next year. Loyalty is a supply/demand thing. If people are more loyal to a brand they'll "reward" you by upping the price until your loyalty is in equilibrium with their greed. Disobedience throws a spanner in the works.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 02:26:03 am by Reelya »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15264 on: August 28, 2018, 04:47:52 pm »

empyrion is at 50% on steam

it's good. not to everyone taste, but the cooperative play is solid, the construction part is fun enough. combat is not particularly interesting, neither against the critter not ship vs ship, but the map and the structures to discover are interesting varied and generally give the world a nice, dangerous and alive vibe.

I personally like it more than the 2.0+ starmade emptiness and the complexities of space engineer.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15265 on: August 28, 2018, 06:10:11 pm »

empyrion is at 50% on steam

it's good. not to everyone taste, but the cooperative play is solid, the construction part is fun enough. combat is not particularly interesting, neither against the critter not ship vs ship, but the map and the structures to discover are interesting varied and generally give the world a nice, dangerous and alive vibe.

I personally like it more than the 2.0+ starmade emptiness and the complexities of space engineer.

Empyrion gives you more to do. There's quests. The ship building controls are still worse than those others. It's a mixed bag.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #15266 on: August 30, 2018, 02:13:55 pm »

Humbundle Summer Sale apparently.

Space Marine is free if you sub to their newsletter for like, a day or so, too.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/warhammer-40000-space-marine

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15267 on: August 30, 2018, 08:40:51 pm »

Humbundle Summer Sale apparently.

Space Marine is free if you sub to their newsletter for like, a day or so, too.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/warhammer-40000-space-marine
Well worth the play, it's a lot of fun.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15268 on: September 03, 2018, 11:31:40 am »

GOG is having a pretty big sale right now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15269 on: September 04, 2018, 01:16:16 pm »

Including Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for $9.89. If for some dumb reason you enjoy RPGs and don't have it yet, go buy it now.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 ... 1133