Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386077 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15450 on: November 30, 2018, 04:44:53 am »

Hey, I have spare gift keys for Dawn of War 1, and Talisman: Digital now if anyone wants them.
Cool! I'd like to grab Talisman: Digital, if nobody else has.

Ok, sent!

Hey, I have spare gift keys for Dawn of War 1, and Talisman: Digital now if anyone wants them.
I've heard good things about DoW 1. IIRC and am not confusing it with the sequel(s), anyway. Are these Steam keys?

DoW 1 is really good, and so are most of the expansion packs for it. DoW and DoW: Winter Assault (which is about imperial guard) were my favorite ones. I've heard mixed reviews about DoW 2 however. BTW I've sent you the link.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15451 on: November 30, 2018, 04:40:27 pm »

Aye, DoW 1 is darn solid. There's also some pretty expansive mods tooling around nowadays, if mostly for dark crusade or soulstorm.

DoW 2's honestly pretty alright, too, it's just quite different in terms of execution and scale and whatnot. Closer to a squad based ARPG or somethin'.

DoW 3... we don't talk about 3 >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15452 on: November 30, 2018, 04:50:37 pm »

Yeah, 2 has some solid singleplayer campaigns (chaos rising is especially excellent in how it introduces a friggin morality system into an RTS), and the last stand mode is pretty fun as well.

3 can go die in a fire as well.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15453 on: November 30, 2018, 05:04:13 pm »

Dawn of War II is also a great campaign to play coop with someone else. But it plays very differently from DoWI's classic RTS, like others have said.

If that version of DoWI comes with all the expansions, all of them have good campaigns. Dark Crusade probably is the best multiplayer, while having Soulstorm is needed for the Ultimate Apocalypse mod.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15454 on: November 30, 2018, 05:42:28 pm »

I only have one problem with Dark Crusade.

The Necrons are the old ones that don't talk and have no personality. The new revamped Necrons are super cool and very entertaining.

But other than that one little thing, it's easily one of the best RTS of all time.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15455 on: November 30, 2018, 05:45:01 pm »

I only have one problem with Dark Crusade.

The Necrons are the old ones that don't talk and have no personality. The new revamped Necrons are super cool and very entertaining.

But other than that one little thing, it's easily one of the best RTS of all time.
While DoW1 is great stuff, it needs to be said that unit pathfinding, especially for big groups walking together, is not pleasant.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15456 on: December 01, 2018, 02:07:05 am »

Ancestors Legacy is half-off on Steam, and also having a free-to-play weekend so as you nerds with decent gaming rigs can try before you buy.   

Edit: does Battle Brothers often get discounted? As in, more than a measly 40% off? Friggin' expensive game, man. Especially considering I'm not entirely sure I'll like it. I've been meaning to try it for a long time now, though. I'm not exactly flush, currently, but I'm not completely broke either, so maybe I oughtta bite the bullet.   
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 02:08:58 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15457 on: December 01, 2018, 02:50:06 am »

Ancestors Legacy is half-off on Steam, and also having a free-to-play weekend so as you nerds with decent gaming rigs can try before you buy.   

Edit: does Battle Brothers often get discounted? As in, more than a measly 40% off? Friggin' expensive game, man. Especially considering I'm not entirely sure I'll like it. I've been meaning to try it for a long time now, though. I'm not exactly flush, currently, but I'm not completely broke either, so maybe I oughtta bite the bullet.   

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/battlebrothers/info/

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15458 on: December 01, 2018, 03:55:40 am »

Oooh, nifty!
So it looks like it never goes further than 50%... guess I might as well just grab it, then. Doubt it's gonna get much cheaper whilst they're busily releasing fresh DLC, haha.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15459 on: December 02, 2018, 01:54:47 am »

Bit late, but also worth noting that DoWII/DoWII Elite Mod is the most active multiplayer community in the series. Nobody gives a shit about DoWIII, it's hot garbage.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15460 on: December 05, 2018, 12:20:12 pm »

Fanatical is doing a ridiculous bundle right now: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/kingslayer-bundle

Kingslayer Bundle - Oxenfree, Styx: Shards of Darkness, STAR WARS - Knights of the Old Republic I and II, STAR WARS™ - The Force Unleashed, The Age of Decadence, THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII, METAL SLUG X, SimCity™ 4 Deluxe, Shadowrun: Hong Kong ($4.99/97% off)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15461 on: December 05, 2018, 12:42:30 pm »

Yikes, I own half of those and I still want to pick that up.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15462 on: December 05, 2018, 01:09:56 pm »

Fanatical is doing a ridiculous bundle right now: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/kingslayer-bundle

Kingslayer Bundle - Oxenfree, Styx: Shards of Darkness, STAR WARS - Knights of the Old Republic I and II, STAR WARS™ - The Force Unleashed, The Age of Decadence, THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII, METAL SLUG X, SimCity™ 4 Deluxe, Shadowrun: Hong Kong ($4.99/97% off)

I only have Shadowrun: Hong Kong out of all of that.  Will I like the others?  I only play DF, XCOM most of the time.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15463 on: December 05, 2018, 01:13:16 pm »

I only have Shadowrun: Hong Kong out of all of that.  Will I like the others?  I only play DF, XCOM most of the time.

If you have any interest in adventure games, it's worth it for Oxenfree (which, by the way, retails for 4x the bundle price) alone.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #15464 on: December 05, 2018, 01:27:35 pm »

Age of Decadence is one of the best RPGs I've played. All your skills are relevant, your actions motivate the story and affect the world, you know all those things so many RPGs claim to do. The combat is very hard but not mandatory at all, don't fight if you can avoid it.
Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 ... 1133