Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1383288 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15495 on: December 07, 2018, 12:12:33 am »

Chrono.gg's site currently has American Truck Simulator for $4.99, down from $19.99.

That's a sale.

Something that belongs in the sales thread.

Debates as to whether it's ethical to include microtransactions in video games or whether people focusing on better graphics is a detriment to the budget-to-quality ratio of a game do not belong in the sales thread - though I do admit they interest me somewhat.

If the debates/arguments are going to continue, can we please put them in a different thread before the derail goes too, well, off the rails?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15496 on: December 07, 2018, 12:01:05 pm »

I'll blame the "ALL THE MONIES PLS" on the fact that businesses need to show quarterly growth or stockholders/investors jump ship on those publicly traded companies.

Not that it's an excuse. It's still super dumb. But it's more of a symptom than the cause.

But yes. Another thread, another time.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15497 on: December 07, 2018, 02:15:52 pm »

I mean, y’all say another thread, but it’ll crop up again in a few months, maybe weeks since there’ll probably be Christmas stuff going on.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15498 on: December 07, 2018, 03:07:19 pm »

Fanatical https://www.fanatical.com/en/ has Warhammer 2 Total War on sale for 27 USD. And according to "Isthereanydeal" that is the lowest its ever been.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15499 on: December 07, 2018, 05:16:12 pm »

Looks like they're going 5% less than previous sales elsewhere. They have the Tomb Kings DLC is on sale as well. It also looks to be slightly cheaper than I've seen it before (38% off as opposed to 33%). Vampire Coast is 15% off.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15500 on: December 07, 2018, 08:34:11 pm »

Fanatical is doing a ridiculous bundle right now: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/kingslayer-bundle

Kingslayer Bundle - Oxenfree, Styx: Shards of Darkness, STAR WARS - Knights of the Old Republic I and II, STAR WARS™ - The Force Unleashed, The Age of Decadence, THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII, METAL SLUG X, SimCity™ 4 Deluxe, Shadowrun: Hong Kong ($4.99/97% off)
Wow, I kinda want to buy this just for Age of Decadence and Shadowrun.
Who knows if AoD would run on my laptop, though... it looks suspiciously purty. I guess I could always just hang onto it for whenever I get around to upgrading. Also, wow, SimCity 4, that'd be a blast from the past haha.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15501 on: December 07, 2018, 09:05:51 pm »

I caved and bought it.

I guess having the two KotoR's is worth it for that. Also kinda wanted to play Shadowrun, and I guess SimCity... Metal Slug is always fun, though I don't really have a controller for it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15502 on: December 07, 2018, 09:16:02 pm »

Ummmm, looking more closely at that Fanatical bundle, judging by the 'bundle details' a bunch of the games are mac-only. ???
Is this true?! Hopefully I'm just misreading things 'cause that would be kinda shite.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15503 on: December 07, 2018, 09:50:17 pm »

Well I'm playing the allegedly Mac-only Sim City 4 on my Windows 10 PC so... hopefully I'm not in the process of summoning an eldritch being which will tear the world asunder in a horrifically misanthropic rage.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15504 on: December 07, 2018, 10:51:52 pm »

Ummmm, looking more closely at that Fanatical bundle, judging by the 'bundle details' a bunch of the games are mac-only. ???
Is this true?! Hopefully I'm just misreading things 'cause that would be kinda shite.   
I doubt it, considering they're provided as Steam keys.

FWIW, it seems that the "mac only" games all were ported to Mac by Aspyr, so maybe that has something to do with it?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15505 on: December 07, 2018, 11:01:06 pm »

Okay, weird. Thank goodness, haha.
I guess maybe it only has the system requirements for certain OSes (however you write the plural of 'OS') listed, hence why it looks confusing.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15506 on: December 07, 2018, 11:55:42 pm »

If you look at the icons right next to the bundle name, there's Windows, Mac and Linux.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #15507 on: December 08, 2018, 12:14:42 am »

If you look at the icons right next to the bundle name, there's Windows, Mac and Linux.
Some of them are (or were) showing only the apple icon. When I looked it was the SW and SimCity ones.

Bay3rz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15508 on: December 10, 2018, 10:31:39 pm »

will check that out too

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15509 on: December 12, 2018, 07:34:17 pm »

If you haven't been to Green Man Gaming for a while, there are two pretty neat things going on - Mix 'n' Match and Credit + Packs.

The latter seems like it'd pretty much always be "worth" it, as long as the dice don't roll badly. I've got several of the games already but 1) I've got a problem and 2) they make good gifts.
Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 ... 1133