Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1045 1046 [1047] 1048 1049 ... 1132

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1369538 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15690 on: February 14, 2019, 05:46:57 pm »

It seems Epic is making a serious effort to become a Steam competitor.

Now if only they had something other than free games going for them. The lack of regional pricing makes it absolutely moronic to use the store outside of america, no user reviews means devs can peddle all sorts of crap, refund policy is worse, privacy policy violates EU laws, they don't even have cloud saves for god's sake!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15691 on: February 14, 2019, 05:57:47 pm »

Now if only they had something other than free games going for them. The lack of regional pricing makes it absolutely moronic to use the store outside of america, no user reviews means devs can peddle all sorts of crap, refund policy is worse, privacy policy violates EU laws, they don't even have cloud saves for god's sake!

And are they even selling Jazz Jackrabbit, their own damn game?

No. No, they are not.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15692 on: February 14, 2019, 06:01:02 pm »

Buncha' savages in this town.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15693 on: February 14, 2019, 06:47:36 pm »

And are they even selling Jazz Jackrabbit, their own damn game?

No. No, they are not.
Also, they outright stated that UT4 has pretty much died because why make that when they can get ALL OF THE MONEY through Fortnite?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15694 on: February 15, 2019, 11:34:49 am »

Buncha' savages in this town.

Epic are scum anyways, and their platform has exactly none of the stuff I use Steam for.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15695 on: February 24, 2019, 08:04:08 am »

There's an Android platformer called Die For Metal. That still costs money, however the sequel Die For Metal - Again is currently 100% off.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15696 on: February 27, 2019, 04:10:12 am »

Iji is free, though it has been so for 10 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqxnHl7Q4Rw

If you knew the game before, well, there was an update in 2017.  I almost missed it myself.

Edit: (Sorry if there's something wrong with the text, that happens sometimes do to my l33t ski11z.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 04:11:43 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15697 on: March 01, 2019, 03:44:18 am »

There's a Hyperdimension Neptunia Humble Bundle for anyone interested in getting those particular JRPGs / animesque games really cheaply.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15698 on: March 01, 2019, 08:27:18 am »

Deep Rock Galactic, a very good co-op game about being a team of space dwarves trying to not die as they dig deep and greedily, is discounted on steam AND has a free weekend.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15699 on: March 01, 2019, 08:50:07 am »

Deep Rock Galactic, a very good co-op game about being a team of space dwarves trying to not die as they dig deep and greedily, is discounted on steam AND has a free weekend.
I've been watching this waiting for it to come out of early access. Will try out the free weekend, thanks for the heads up.

BTW looks like Space Engineers is out of early access too and also has a free weekend for anyone who has been thinking about picking it up

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15700 on: March 01, 2019, 10:06:11 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:08:48 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15701 on: March 01, 2019, 04:19:13 pm »

I've watched some Deep Rock Galactic. Is there anything to it other than grinding to do more difficult areas? I mean, I'm still interested, but I'd prefer to sucker friends into it as well.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15702 on: March 01, 2019, 04:29:55 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:08:43 pm by dragdeler »
let

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #15703 on: March 01, 2019, 06:08:53 pm »

It's been around 6 months since I last played DRG and they may have released a bit more content since then, but here's my take from back then.

Progression-wise, there are a few simple upgrades to buy which should only take a few hours per class, then some cosmetics to buy which take a few more hours per class. Definitely not a game you will be spending hundreds of hours trying to unlock everything. Though you may enjoy the gameplay enough to keep going long after you've unlocked everything.
For gameplay, each class has distinct abilities and cooperation is key to a successful mission, so there's a great sense of teamwork. In the harder missions, random events popping up can make things very challenging for the unprepared or uncoordinated. However, a large part of the appeal of this game is just figuring out how things work the first time you encounter them, and that novelty definitely wears off after a while.
Style, they really nailed the space-dwarves thing. Everything is spacey, and dorfy, and entirely charming and memorable.

Rock and Stone, to the Bone!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15704 on: March 01, 2019, 07:22:46 pm »

I will probably play DRG over the free weekend and not end up buying it. So far its fun but seems like I'd lose interest quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 1045 1046 [1047] 1048 1049 ... 1132