Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 ... 1132

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1369750 times)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15825 on: April 19, 2019, 11:56:52 pm »

Doing exclusives (and keeping on doing it with no sign of stopping) makes it a 'get this or don't get the game' situation, which then leads you to have to consent to their shady data collection if you want to play whatever game it is. That's not good, and combining that with a terrible, barely functional platform and it just annoys the hell out of me.

You're talking about Microsoft, right?    ;D

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #15826 on: April 21, 2019, 04:33:54 pm »

Speaking of RTS, Perimeter is also on sale, excellent execution of a unique idea that's rarely seen (tbh, now that I think about it, I don't recall another game that involves terrain manipulation as a core gameplay mechanic) and it's aged fairly well and still looks pretty good even if the resolution isn't widescreen compatible.
Okay so I own Perimeter, is there any chance you could help me with that game? I feel like I don't understand how to play it or something, the game feels... Weird. I don't know how to explain but it's like I'm not getting enough feedback for my actions. Is the game just slow and janky or am I not understanding how it's played?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15827 on: April 22, 2019, 08:00:02 am »

A bit of both probably. What exactly is giving you trouble? A lot of stuff that's useful to know is in the manual actually and you got that if you have the game on GoG.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15828 on: April 23, 2019, 11:00:14 am »

Gog is having another sale. Mildly interested in Darkest Dungeons.

Good price (just under $9) for West of Loathing, if you want an rpg with lots of puns and stupid jokes.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15829 on: April 23, 2019, 11:33:42 am »

Gog is having another sale. [. . .]

Good price (just under $9) for West of Loathing, if you want an rpg with lots of puns and stupid jokes.

Hesitant recommend depending on your gaming preferences. I don't often say "go watch Markiplier" but he was basically made for this game.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #15830 on: April 23, 2019, 11:33:01 pm »

Gog is having another sale.
Link since one wasn't provided: GOG Indie Weekly Sale

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15831 on: April 25, 2019, 12:53:32 pm »

If you're subscribed to Asmodee's newsletter, the survey today includes a free game.

Sent Thursday, Apr 25, "Do you have 5 minutes to spare? We need to talk…" as the subject. Game code to be sent May 3rd. Game selection includes, as I recall, Mysterium, Ticket to Ride, Abalone and a few others.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 08:10:55 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15832 on: April 25, 2019, 01:09:12 pm »

There's so much NSFW shit on IndieGala that going there while at work to snag this link would be a smidge risky in any other workplace but I thought some of you might be interested in their One Punch Bundle. Amongst other games, it includes One Finger Death Punch 2 (which I didn't even know existed) and ШП - ShP, one of the strangest things I've experienced.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #15833 on: April 30, 2019, 03:02:07 am »

Steam has a Golden Week sale, meaning that Japanese titles have discounts on them. Nothing catches my eyes yet, but I've thought I should let you know.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15834 on: April 30, 2019, 03:04:59 am »

Has anyone played the Caligula Effect? I've only ever heard of it through Steam, so I imagine it hasn't been publicized much at all. It seems to be a 2nd-rate Persona wannabe, but it seems interesting on its own merits.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15835 on: April 30, 2019, 12:39:45 pm »

I bought Touhou Luna Nights, a game I predict won't be on sale often due to it being so niche. It's a fantastic fangame set in the Touhou universe. I'm actually not a Touhou fan, I know basically nothing about it, but I saw this and went "Yep, that's Dio Brando as a little girl, in his own Metroidvania-style game." and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15836 on: April 30, 2019, 02:40:20 pm »

I'm looking forward to that one.  I don't know anything about Touhou, but I do love me some Metrovania's and I heard it was supposed to be pretty good.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15837 on: April 30, 2019, 05:03:44 pm »

I heard it was rather short
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15838 on: April 30, 2019, 05:46:57 pm »

Think I saw a sub-hour 100% speedrun, for what it's worth. Which even with glitching would indeed make it fairly short as that sort of game goes. Does look like a fairly solid metroidvania, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15839 on: May 01, 2019, 04:44:04 am »

I heard it was rather short

The game is fairly challenging, so if you're a confident gamer you can expect 5-6 hours, more if you're not that confident in gaming. I felt it was the perfect level of difficulty, not a pushover with the bosses taking me a couple tries, not bullshit hard, the game tiers the challenges to drill in what your character can and should be able to do, it was just right; beating the final boss was very satisfying.

Moreover, the game dev just released an announcement saying that the game will get an update with one more stage, and maybe some other stuff. I'm not sure when that'll happen, but it looks hype.

I would actually recommend not watching the trailer. It sells the game really fucking well, but it shows off too much IMO.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 04:50:46 am by JoshuaFH »
Pages: 1 ... 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 ... 1132