Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 ... 1132

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1370057 times)

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15855 on: May 03, 2019, 11:58:07 am »

My trick to get cheap coffee is to order things not on the menu. The baristas usually know how to make different types of coffee. Even simple things like Americano are often not on the menu, and that makes the cheapest possible cup 3 bucks, unless you go to a place where there's a single entry of coffee on the menu. Then it's 1 euro.

Cheapest coffee I had was 4 cents, in a residential area of Havana. One street away it was 24 times more, 1 convertible peso. So this game is still a fortune in coffee terms :P
Was definitely tempted, but not super convinced. If I am to fix my backlog I would need to dedicate all my time to it, and I haven't checked out DF in 2 years now. Afterthat's done, it's time to consider a move to new greener pastures.

"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15856 on: May 03, 2019, 03:58:30 pm »

I have a friend whose go-to coffee order is a septuple-shot espresso. But she's got a well-paying job and the barista rents her home from her, so they manage to work things out.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15857 on: May 03, 2019, 09:58:09 pm »

One of the reasons why I like using the McDonald's app is because you can see the price of substitutions up-front; one time, I swapped a small soda for a shot of espresso at no up-charge which was interesting because both coffee and americanos had a surcharge. I also feel like nobody else orders Happy Meals with a coffee-equivalent, but hey.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15858 on: May 04, 2019, 08:18:05 am »

5.50 a cup is still outrageous man. Do you let the barista smack you across the face too? Or is that extra?
It's pretty normal even in good shops if your order isn't "coffee, black, regular".

Local place here, a big-ass mug of good, fresh-ground coffee is ~$1.80. One of the fancy drinks or good teas can run up to $7.00 for the same size serving. And it's legitimately just them doing it because they can; you can buy at the same locations a whole bag of fresh loose tea that'll last for weeks of brewing for about the same price that a single mug brewed at the shop would run you.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15859 on: May 04, 2019, 08:30:43 am »

just sayin' that's a huge markup just for the convenience of not brewing it and making it how you like yourself. I understand that that's just a coffee shop (i.e. Starbucks) thing, but it's always bothered me that so many people are willing to slap down so much cash so frequently, for a product that really can't justify that kind of upcharge. Coming from a guy that grinds his own beans and drinks half a pot of coffee almost daily.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15860 on: May 04, 2019, 09:23:30 am »

Well, for the $5.50 she also makes a cute little tulip design in the milk froth, so I'd say it comes out about even.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15861 on: May 04, 2019, 09:52:38 am »

Nah, I think it's totally worth it -- for places were you purchase also a nice place to sit down and have a conversation.

People who buy coffee that expensive to go will never make sense to me.
Love, scriver~

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15862 on: May 04, 2019, 12:49:02 pm »

People who buy coffee that expensive to go will never make sense to me.

One of my relatives does a Starbucks every morning and brings it in to work, for like the last ten years. While I personally find it downright stupid, there's not that too many ways to replace what she's actually buying: A sense of being part of some upper-caste that can afford frivolous luxuries, and the ability to show it off at the workplace. (Okay, I could add other comments about her judgement, but...)

On the other hand, I once got into an argument with somebody about the quality of Starbucks coffee and decided to just resign from it when one of the key features that made their coffee superior was that you could get a soy latte with double flavor shots there. At that point, I'm not even sure if you can taste the coffee anymore.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15863 on: May 04, 2019, 03:14:57 pm »

Going back to sales:

20 hours left from the time of this post for Star wars: KOTOR I & II for $5, or $2.5 each.

Sale is on chrono.gg. It's a site that I've used in the past, it gives steam keys.

And about KOTOR: everyone is clamoring them to be very good Star Wars games, so it's worth a buy.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15864 on: May 04, 2019, 03:17:16 pm »

I found them extremely boring and formulaic, fwiw.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #15865 on: May 04, 2019, 05:28:10 pm »

And about KOTOR: everyone is clamoring them to be very good Star Wars games, so it's worth a buy.

Games are definitely dated at this point. Roughly 15 years old, and they weren't exactly cutting-edge when they were released.
That said, I found them to be full of lore vastly more interesting than anything found in the movies. Gameplay provided very decent strategic character customization and tactical combat planning. Far from the worst things to come out of the Star Wars franchise.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15866 on: May 04, 2019, 08:54:20 pm »

I never played KOTOR II, but I was, mechanically, the same engine from Mass Effect 1. Not saying that's good or bad, and the gameplay was entertaining at the time. If you're a "star wars person" and an "RPG person" odds are decent you'll enjoy it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15867 on: May 04, 2019, 11:39:45 pm »

I liked KotOR1 because the plot is enjoyable for the romp through Star Wars. It doesn't do anything really outstanding plot wise but it's enough for the purpose of the game.

KotOR2 I found much more interesting because the plot and characters break down a lot of the elements taken for granted in the Star Wars movies. Kreia is a very interesting character to analyze in regards to her motives and philosophy towards the force. The second game does fall apart a bit towards the end with unresolved loose ends due to unfinished and cut content. I haven't played through with the fanmade patches that restore content.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #15868 on: May 05, 2019, 11:59:32 am »

I never liked KotOR because I find the combat tedious and difficult to control. The d20 system is also extremely played out to me at this point, and I don't think it's ever been a good fit for video games.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15869 on: May 05, 2019, 01:45:55 pm »

I never liked KotOR because I find the combat tedious and difficult to control. The d20 system is also extremely played out to me at this point, and I don't think it's ever been a good fit for video games.
Dont play Pathfinder Kingmaker then. If you think Kotor's reliance on D20 rolls is bad..
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 ... 1132