Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1069 1070 [1071] 1072 1073 ... 1132

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1370147 times)

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16050 on: July 06, 2019, 01:42:45 am »

I think the 5€ off can be useful on games that are never on sale (or not in a long time, or hit their sale maximum). I decided to get it, but I had to exhaust the free cap of 2000 + collect 200 from days of participaton + buy a game on sale for about 25€ first. Sale gave an incentive to buy things earlier than I would have otherwise. Wishlist is getting thin.

If you want points, just play games you have a lot of achievements in. 30 mins. Each day you actively participate you get 100 max cap (not a passive bonus). Participation from the start would've awarded 2000 points extra for the first two days + 100 each day afterwards.

Max cap doesn't reset.

I wasted some remaining Lunar Year tokens on emoticons and so on, but turns out unspent ones carried over. Maybe they will be saved for next time this time too?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 01:45:41 am by Radsoc »
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16051 on: July 06, 2019, 02:11:55 pm »

Humble is offering Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Surviving Mars for 12$

Technically you have to subscribe, but you can cancel it right before the next month if you are so inclined and get all the month's benefits and games. Plus there's this cool trove thing which is basically 60 free games you get and can download.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16052 on: July 06, 2019, 08:31:47 pm »

I've purchased entirely too many things. Now time to obsessively switch between five different games before ignoring them forever.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:46:52 pm by Mephisto »

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16053 on: July 06, 2019, 09:13:56 pm »

I've purchased entirely too many things. Now time to obsessively switch between five different games before ignoring them forever.
There's one benefit to that horrible habit, at least. Occasionally there will be those times where you can say to your friend, "This one is good. I actually finished it."
They'll say something like, "Woah, seriously? You never finish anything."
And you'll nod pensively at their keen observation as you try not to let them notice the tears streaming down your face.

... You know what, forget I said anything.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16054 on: July 06, 2019, 09:55:41 pm »

This is why I don’t buy new games until I’ve finished the on- oh hey I’ve wanted that for years and it’s on sale, yes please.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16055 on: July 07, 2019, 07:48:54 pm »

I looked at the Steam Sale. It turns out Humble has 2 games I'll recommend on sale (just sale, not bundle or monthly).

Satellite Reign is a (optionally co-op) isometric cyberpunk game where death is temporary, and To Be or Not To Be is a humorous choose your own adventure book version of Hamlet. I've also heard good things about Psychonauts, and should get around to playing it one of these years.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16056 on: July 07, 2019, 10:00:44 pm »

I looked at the Steam Sale. It turns out Humble has 2 games I'll recommend on sale (just sale, not bundle or monthly).

Satellite Reign is a (optionally co-op) isometric cyberpunk game where death is temporary, and To Be or Not To Be is a humorous choose your own adventure book version of Hamlet. I've also heard good things about Psychonauts, and should get around to playing it one of these years.

Dunno how much it is alone, but satellite reign also seems to be in trove, so you can get it along with the other two big ticket monthly items for $12.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16057 on: July 07, 2019, 11:26:32 pm »

Humble is offering Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Surviving Mars for 12$

Technically you have to subscribe, but you can cancel it right before the next month if you are so inclined and get all the month's benefits and games. Plus there's this cool trove thing which is basically 60 free games you get and can download.

I've played both and recommend both, even though both are definitely not for everyone - myself get a little annoyed and Surviving Mars from time to time and end up dropping it for a little while.  :P
I'm currently playing KCD and had never played it before, am having a blast. It's just like Skyrim except not like Skyrim at all. I appreciate them making the game slightly hard and survival-esque without having me mod the hell out of it (like I do with Bethesda games) - once I was questing in a town so I wore my Charisma boi attire, then left the city to quest elsewhere and forgot to suit up. Guess I can let it speak for itself.
I got the Royal Edition from the Steam sale (while using 2 discount vouchers from the Grand Prix), so as a subscriber from Humble Bundle it's awkward to see it being offered to me just after I bought it.  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16058 on: July 08, 2019, 04:42:29 pm »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:41:05 am by catacombs »

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16059 on: July 08, 2019, 07:13:26 pm »

Yeah I remember the hype but avoided because AAA costs and also I've learned my lesson about hype. (Although C# Aurora hype is still through the roof oh god please help)

I never would have otherwise gotten surviving mars because I don't like supporting Paradox and their outrageous DLC policies, but it seems like a decent game, and together with KCD for the price it seemed like a good deal. I've been wanting KCD for a while but was a bit weary, but this seemed like the perfect time to get 2 games I've been eyeing for a reasonable price. and also I'm sad because steam grand prix didn't yield me kenshi
- Charles Babbage

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16060 on: July 08, 2019, 07:33:58 pm »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:41:01 am by catacombs »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16061 on: July 08, 2019, 07:47:09 pm »

Vivalas is talking about the extremely in-depth spreadsheet simulator 4X game called Aurora, which is being re-written into a more modern programming language that will, hopefully, allow for vastly improved performance as well as other goodies.

There's a pretty lengthy and long-running thread here in Other Games.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16062 on: July 08, 2019, 08:06:13 pm »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:41:14 am by catacombs »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16063 on: July 08, 2019, 08:24:59 pm »

Vivalas is talking about the extremely in-depth spreadsheet simulator 4X game called Aurora, which is being re-written into a more modern programming language that will, hopefully, allow for vastly improved performance as well as other goodies.

There's a pretty lengthy and long-running thread here in Other Games.

Thanks. I know there's Aurora 4x, aka Spreadsheet Simulator, but I didn't know there was going to be a rewrite of it in C#. In fact, I thought it was already written in a C-like language :)
Hee.  Oh, it's ever so much more fun than that: it's in Visual Basic 6 linked to an Access database.  It's far from the worst (heck, VB3 was my first programming language, and BASIC is venerable for a reason), but it's not surprising that we'll be giving it a fond wave farewell once C# arrives.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 08:26:46 pm by Culise »

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16064 on: July 11, 2019, 01:49:57 pm »

In case anyone that enjoys the genre doesn't already have it:

Age of Wonders 3 is free to own on Steam until 15th July.

(doesn't include the DLC/expansions, but they're 50% off)
Pages: 1 ... 1069 1070 [1071] 1072 1073 ... 1132