Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 ... 1132

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1369785 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16065 on: July 11, 2019, 02:16:54 pm »

Torchlight is also free if you can tolerate Epic's launcher.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16066 on: July 11, 2019, 02:33:31 pm »

Not exactly a sale but a new free DLC for Judgment: Apocalypse Survival Simulation just dropped. Adds a "desert" mode.

I thought this game was well loved here but now I can't find any mention of it. Oh well.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16067 on: July 11, 2019, 04:15:09 pm »

Not exactly a sale but a new free DLC for Judgment: Apocalypse Survival Simulation just dropped. Adds a "desert" mode.

I thought this game was well loved here but now I can't find any mention of it. Oh well.

Always been on the fence on this one - conceptually it seems quite neat, but all the videos look pretty awkward. The base game seems to be on sale now, technically fitting this thread - worth picking up, do you think?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16068 on: July 11, 2019, 07:14:04 pm »

I was hoping someone would chime in as well - I've not played either.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16069 on: July 11, 2019, 07:48:02 pm »

Meh, it's alright. Starts out fun but gets super repetitive fast.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16070 on: July 11, 2019, 10:32:24 pm »

Thanks. Hmm, might just stick with Rimworld and its endless mod-world.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16071 on: July 12, 2019, 04:59:34 am »

Yeah I tried Judgement during the summer sale. It looks neat but gets boring very quickly. Nowhere as engaging as Rimworld

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16072 on: July 13, 2019, 01:53:10 pm »

Earth Defense Force 5 launched, and is currently 20% off on Steam. EDF! EDF! EDF!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16073 on: July 13, 2019, 02:08:29 pm »

Earth Defense Force 5 launched, and is currently 20% off on Steam. EDF! EDF! EDF!
and if you have humble monthly you will get it down to 36% off.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16074 on: July 17, 2019, 09:01:37 am »

Steam told me it needed to restart. I generally flip through the highlights doohickey when it pops up after a restart. In my state of lowered inhibitions, I saw that there was a Sword Art Online sale and purchased Fatal Bullet Complete Edition. The base game is 70% off, DLC are 50% each, the bundle seems to have an additional discount as well. The DLC appear to be additional story things, not the standard fare I generally see on JRPGs.

Then I saw Tokyo Xanadu eX+ in the recommendations at 80% off so I snagged it as well. The DLC are not discounted and are your standard JRPG stuff/outfit/item packs so no big loss there.

I have never finished a JRPG on PC. I can dump hours and hours into Minecraft or Starbound but 40+ hours of story is a bit of a harder sell despite me enjoying the gameplay.

Links again, because it's not storytime:
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet -70%; $11.99
Tokyo Xanadu eX+ -80%; $12.00
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:04:10 am by Mephisto »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16075 on: July 17, 2019, 09:05:23 am »

This is why I don’t buy new games until I’ve finished the on- oh hey I’ve wanted that for years and it’s on sale, yes please.
This hurts.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16076 on: July 17, 2019, 02:21:00 pm »

GMG runs a sale now. It can be really good if you find gold/silver tiered games you want, as it allows you to pick some other games for free.

But to get the most of it you have to do separate purchases. It's an optimization problem (i.e. what order to buy). Was tempted by Tropico, Man the Guns, but still too small discounts. Ended up with buying Project Cars 2 Deluxe (mostly for VR use) on its discount + a previous 10% extra, that unlocked Star Trek Bridge Crew + Raw Data and some other games. Then I applied the 15% from there on a silver tier game to unlock ADR1FT. Then 10% off a DLC that got me Corporate Lifestyle Simulator. Almost like a humble bundle, but you get the possibility to select to a degree. This one is especially good for VR titles.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 02:22:58 pm by Radsoc »
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16077 on: July 30, 2019, 03:57:51 pm »

Humble has Crusader Kings 2 plus all of the expansions. It's a huge saving if starting from scratch, or even if you just need a couple of the more expensive expansions.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16078 on: July 30, 2019, 06:18:56 pm »

Humble has Crusader Kings 2 plus all of the expansions. It's a huge saving if starting from scratch, or even if you just need a couple of the more expensive expansions.

Wow, look at all those "mixed" reviews at the $15 level. :/

I don't own half the expansions and not sure I care enough to complete the set.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16079 on: July 30, 2019, 07:00:43 pm »

Wow, look at all those "mixed" reviews at the $15 level. :/

I don't own half the expansions and not sure I care enough to complete the set.

It's not a bad game, exactly. It just isn't as good as it first appears. Paradox is better at making it appear that you have important choices to make than allowing you to do so, possibly because they want to tell a story more than let the player tell theirs. I had some fun with it for a bit, until I caught onto what they were doing. If you're capable of enjoying their games, go for it though.
Pages: 1 ... 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 ... 1132