Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1087 1088 [1089] 1090 1091 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1386678 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16320 on: November 27, 2019, 11:09:47 am »

Only thing I'm tempted by is City of Brass for like $4. But the reviews just don't get me excited, people keeping saying its a decent game where its own mechanics impede the flow of gameplay. I've been watching it for months but continually decide not to pull the trigger.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16321 on: November 27, 2019, 11:27:23 am »

I... guess if the steam controller looks okay to you. Also, uh. Apparently there's logitech controllers on amazon also going for 13 bucks right now, ha. There's plenty of cheapo PC controllers if you're after one, at a glance.

Also, it's been mentioned that this is the last batch of Steam Controllers ever. The line has been discontinued. If you want a replacement in the future, buy it now.

Anyone know of these will work ok with Project Zomboid?

Hmm, I'm going to google fu while at work today.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16322 on: November 27, 2019, 12:53:22 pm »

Disco Elysium is on its first-ever sale, as if you had any excuse not to have bought it already. :P
Didn't expect it to even be on sale this soon, given the pretty much universally positive reaction to it.

Bought.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16323 on: November 27, 2019, 01:30:09 pm »

Disco Elysium is on its first-ever sale, as if you had any excuse not to have bought it already. :P

How long before I'm officially "late to the party"?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16324 on: November 27, 2019, 04:37:50 pm »

Whats? Disco Elysium?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16325 on: November 27, 2019, 04:42:39 pm »

Whats? Disco Elysium?

It's an RPG where you stats give you advice on what to do. The higher they are, the better advice they give you, I think.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16326 on: November 27, 2019, 05:25:49 pm »

So... its a fresh take on RPG. It could be interesting to know which weapon is better against an enemy or something.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16327 on: November 27, 2019, 05:49:14 pm »

Whats? Disco Elysium?

It's an RPG where you stats give you advice on what to do. The higher they are, the better advice they give you, I think.

So... its a fresh take on RPG. It could be interesting to know which weapon is better against an enemy or something.

theres no combat. well, there is, but its more a measure of your stats, precautions you can take and your "gear". also, if the stats are *too* high, they'll actually begin taking over. mind you, im talking about power leveling a skill or two wayy above the others.

don't let this deter you though, its damn good if you are patient enough to read.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16328 on: November 27, 2019, 06:55:01 pm »

Whats? Disco Elysium?

theres no combat. well, there is, but its more a measure of your stats, precautions you can take and your "gear". also, if the stats are *too* high, they'll actually begin taking over. mind you, im talking about power leveling a skill or two wayy above the others.

don't let this deter you though, its damn good if you are patient enough to read.
Yeah, I've had a case where my overleveld skill gave me bad advice and the second time it happened my character actually got an option to call it out on that.

And it's damn great.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16329 on: November 27, 2019, 08:59:16 pm »

That sounds rigth, a skill gets so smart it becomes malicious.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16330 on: November 27, 2019, 09:31:20 pm »

How is Graveyard Keeper? Its pretty cheap right now. The main complaint (or pro I suppose depending on the person) is how grindy it is.

But for someone who actually LIKES grindy games (sometimes, they can be pretty relaxing for me) is the game itself good? Its 8 dollars for base game, when usually its 20.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16331 on: November 27, 2019, 09:43:24 pm »

It's a worse Stardew Valley. If you like Stardew Valley, you'll probably like but be annoyed by Graveyard Keeper.

If you're not familiar with Stardew Valley, it's a chore simulator. You wake up, do various tasks (farming, crafting, gathering, dungeon delving, errand running) with limited energy and/or time, and then go to sleep. This builds up your finances/farm/base and improves your relationships with the townsfolk. If you find grindy games relaxing you'll probably find this fairly relaxing, but note that there are cyclical time constraints- crops need to be taken care of in time, people are only available on certain days, etc. You can totally fish or stare at the walls of your house all day without longterm consequence, but it's easy to feel busy under certain conditions.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16332 on: November 27, 2019, 09:59:25 pm »

It's a worse Stardew Valley. If you like Stardew Valley, you'll probably like but be annoyed by Graveyard Keeper.

If you're not familiar with Stardew Valley, it's a chore simulator. You wake up, do various tasks (farming, crafting, gathering, dungeon delving, errand running) with limited energy and/or time, and then go to sleep. This builds up your finances/farm/base and improves your relationships with the townsfolk. If you find grindy games relaxing you'll probably find this fairly relaxing, but note that there are cyclical time constraints- crops need to be taken care of in time, people are only available on certain days, etc. You can totally fish or stare at the walls of your house all day without longterm consequence, but it's easy to feel busy under certain conditions.

I like stardew valley a lot, got like 400 hours on it last I looked though some hours got missed when I was in offline mode. So I'd probably like graveyard keeper, and only reason I know about it is cause of stardew. But from what I got of it and slightly your comment, its just kinda a worse version of stardew? (At least I assume that was what you kinda hinted at by being annoyed at graveyard keeper, pretty much seems to be the census)

Thinking on it, if its just a worse stardew. I may as well play Elona instead for a grindy game.

my budget is super tiny though this sale so I may just end up skipping it. Pretty much 10 USD or under is my limit, but don't really want to just buy a game to buy it. Probably better to save the 10 dollars to add to holiday sales

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16333 on: November 27, 2019, 10:57:51 pm »

Don't buy graveyard keeper. That's my suggestion. The game is so time sensitive that you end up constantly feeling stressed out. You can't relax at all while playing it. Opening up the skill tree doesn't even pause the game for goodness sake!

Sorry if I'm a bit ranty. I just found it extremely frustrating.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16334 on: November 28, 2019, 12:34:13 am »

I've been kinda' tempted myself, but watching some gameplay vids have shown some mechanics that looked kinda' frustrating. Fortunately, I have solutions for things like that these days, most of the time. Cheat engine is a blessing :P

If it's going for a good sale... maybe. I'unno, probably could stand to see what's going on this round...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1087 1088 [1089] 1090 1091 ... 1133