Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1123 1124 [1125]

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1151474 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16860 on: November 23, 2021, 10:18:51 am »

Cyberpunk 2077 is 50% off on GOG, supposedly the deepest discount so far.

Given all that's been said and done... it might be sufficiently enticing for the morbidly curious, I guess?
Personally, I'd say yes. For all its flaws it was still a decent open world game, and for the weird gameplay/balance decisions there are always mods. I only encountered one hard crash and some minor visual bugs from a playthrough around September. The strangest was certain textures randomly cycling through at an extremely quick pace, but that was fixed with a restart (and only occurred when I'd been playing for hours back to back).

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3010 was one major mod I used - was nice for armor/weapons to be a bit more normalized so enemies don't become bullet sponges from scaling.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:54:17 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Russian civil war "expert"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16861 on: November 25, 2021, 11:27:40 am »

Hey, I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it, but I have a 85% GOG discount on Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition and I don't need it.
https://www.gog.com/redeem/METB50B7D12BF367C0
Wanted to host a great feast.
Accidentally commited suicide.
Come play Risky Space Lords!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16862 on: November 28, 2021, 11:14:02 pm »

Oh hey, Starward Rogue + DLC is on sale for less than four bucks USD, if anyone out there wanted to check out one of the vanishingly few bullet hell type games (specifically twinstick roguelike style) that implemented a more-or-less-turn-based mode.

One of its character/mech choices has it so enemies and bullets only act when you do, making it one of the very, very small number of bullet hell games I can actually consistently beat :P

... anyway, it's pretty great, and totally worth the current asking price if you've any interest in its sort of gameplay.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16863 on: December 01, 2021, 05:41:06 pm »

I'm quite pleased with myself for only wasting 13 in the sale.   Namely Civil war 2, Revolution Under Siege Gold and Master of Orion 2 (which i've never played).

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16864 on: December 02, 2021, 11:41:01 am »

The last two are excellent games. The first one as well probably.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."
Pages: 1 ... 1123 1124 [1125]