Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Who Am I?  (Read 3856 times)

auraluna

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Who Am I?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 01:35:38 pm »

ooooooooooh I absolutely loved this chapter, I like the idea of looking at the big picture and at the same time make the character story so personal. ^.^ Great job little cheetah girl , to mews up for you! :-*
Auraluna

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 04:06:10 am »

CHAPTER 6

A knock on the door roused Anya's attention. "Come in." she replied as she finished slipping into some clothes. She wore simple clothes that were comfortable and would fit well under armor.

"The enemy has setup camp in the fields for the time being, they look like they are waiting for something." Daniel reported as he entered his teacher's room. "The scouts have returned and their numbers are greater than we had feared. Have you decided what we will do?" he asked.

"The plan you described to me yesterday is sound, Have everyone prepare to head into the mountains that flank the western forest pass. Before you all leave though I want the school to assemble at the top of the wall facing the enemy." Anya walked up to the young, but talented young man. "Daniel, I will not be coming with you, you must lead the school in the coming days if I do not win this battle today. This army is lead by someone who is after my head and they will not follow you once they have it."

"What are you talking about? Come with us and help us protect the southern nations. You don't need to face them all alone and today." Daniel replied, apprehension in his voice.

"Daniel, I have done a lot of thinking in the past couple days. At first I thought only of how to defeat this army and protect the southern nations from destruction. But now I have learned that I may not be the great hero I thought I was. I want everyone to watch what happens today so they can decide for themselves." Anya paused for a moment "Either way, I can no longer be the teacher of this school.

Daniel looked at the tall figure who brooded before him. For years she had shaped him and all the others at the school to be the greatest they could, both in battle and out. Always preaching and teaching the concepts of justice, compassion and selflessness. Never had anyone he knew of ever been more fit to hold the title of hero. "We have always trusted your orders Headmistress. I will lead the others as you have instructed but you will always be our hero." With that Daniel left the room to lead his fellow students.

Anya went to the top of the wall that she had been watching the army approach from. She looked out over the army that was no longer distant but still so vast. The soldiers all waited patiently for the command to attack but Anya knew that they would not. This battle would be just between two great pawns who thought they were great leaders.

Anya grabbed a spyglass that was resting on the fortifications and assessed the army. The army was as varied as it was vast. Different tribes, clans and nations were united under the banner of the northern warlord. Anya spotted dozens of different combinations of race, weapon and armor styles; No one way to counter them all.

Slowly moving her gaze across the army she spotted her quarry. She growled as she recognized the aging wolfman dressed in blood stained plate-mail. The scar across his eye was unmistakable, she had put it there herself as a child. "How can that bastard still be alive?!" Anya growled to herself as she clenched her teeth. "He must be pushing on his mid seventies at least by now..." Memories of her family being killed around her and her brothers and sisters dieing in cages all around her made Anya's blood boil. Managing to control herself for a moment she noted that the old wolfman carried an earthy-gray colored hand-and-a-half sword. "Adamantium, It can't be that sharp but it will still cleave through any armor I have. I do have something that's perfect to fight him with though..." Anya put the spyglass aside and headed towards the school armory. She clenched her fist has she fantasized about tearing the old wolf's organs out one by one.

The school was flurry of activity as the students gathered last minute supplies and goods for a hasty retreat into the rough mountains behind the school. Still they had time enough to politely address their teacher as she stormed angrily past them on her way to the armory. Throwing open the door she quickly scanned the room. Too angry to ponder the accuracy of her dream she approached the sturdy table that had supported the nightmare inducing liquid in her dreams. Atop it was one of the more impressive weapons she had collected over the years. An adamantium flanged mace sat in a stand waiting for her, untouched by her students.

Anya first secured a suit of leather armor. Light enough to not hinder her movements but strong enough to weaken most attacks. She knew it would be useless against the wolfman warlord's bastard sword, but even a full suit of steel would do little to protect her from that. Once suited up she turned to the mace and grabbed it firmly by the handle. Overly heavy in all but the strongest hands, she lifted it smoothly with one large hand. "This will do nicely against his clumsy armor." Anya thought to herself out loud.

On her way to the front gate Anya noticed her students obediently heading to the top of the school wall. Opening the gate, Anya stepped out onto the road leading to the school. No more time for plans or for contemplations, it was time to face this enemy. With her students watching she walked towards the endless army before her.

"I know why you are here old cruel slave-master! Come to me so we can talk with our weapons!" Memories of her friends and siblings crying and screaming as they were whipped and beaten for not working hard enough for their canine captors filled Anya's mind. As she watched the tall wolf make his way to the front of the army she raged silently, fueled by the memories of being introduced to all new kinds of pain as the slave-master had punished her for any slight, real or perceived. Anya's fur bristled as she remembered each of her childhood friends as they stopped moving in their prison and were taken away one-by-one until she was all alone.

"The last Snowdrifter, I have traveled long to reach you-"

"Silence you beast! I know who your master is, I know why your here! Anya interrupted the aging wolfman. Despite his years and white tipped fur the wolfman looked quite fit and untouched by age. "I will make you regret not killing me when I was but a child!" Anya roared with anger as she marched single-mindedly towards her enemy.

"Still just a child, wont even bother to listen. Very well snow elf I will finish what I started." He replied as he gripped his large sword tightly and approached the angry warrior before him.

"Today you reap what you have sown villain." Anya's words seeped with venom as she readied her mace.

With unexpected speed the wolfman swung his sword at Anya. With effort she brought the heavy mace up to deflect the deadly sword's arc. Cocking the mace up with the force of it's momentum, she brought the mace down towards the wolfman's knees. Quickly recovering from his opponent's parry, the wolfman jumped forward past Anya's aim. The head of the mace struck too far and the wolfman avoided taking a solid blow while he slammed into Anya, throwing her back off her feet.

Anya slammed into the ground with a grunt as she reeled from the speed of the wolfman's strike. Without a moment to spare the wolfman lifted his great sword above his head and brought it down towards the prone figure below him. "How easy this was..." He stated excitedly.

"Were just getting started!" Anya shouted back as she raised her mace to block the sword, holding it by both the handle and head with her hands. Unbreakable adamantium clashed against equally indestructible adamantium. The large wolfman pressed down on his blade, trying to overpower Anya while she pushed back against his blade. Seizing the moment Anya kicked the warlord's knee fiercely, throwing him off balance enough to weaken his offense. As the wolfman regained his balance Anya rolled up onto her feet and struck at her enemy again with her mace.

Anya's mace landed a steady blow on the wolfman's left arm, denting the metal inwards sharply while making the warlord grunt loudly in pain. Anya smiled widely as she raised her mace for another blow. The wolfman surprised Anya however by dropping his heavy weapon and charging at her before she could bring her mace down again. The warlord buried a fist in Anya's stomach, throwing her back enough for him to follow up with a second strike across the face. The force of the blow threw her off her feet.

The wolfman rushed forward as Anya fought to rise to her feet again. With his claws ready he struck out with his right arm. Without enough time to get to her feet Anya dropped her heavy mace to raise her arms quickly enough to shield herself. Sharp claws raked against her leather clad arms, shreading it apart and drawing blood. Without missing a beat the wolfman clawed at Anya with his left hand but she quickly grabbed his arm and twisted it. Using the wolfman's momentum against him, Anya locked the wolfman's left arm and threw him off balance. The wolfman, with little choice but to follow Anya's direction, found himself tossed to the ground.

Quickly grabbing her mace again Anya took her opportunity. The wolfman, weighed down by his armor, struggled to get to his knees. Seeing Anya advance on him with dark anger in her eyes he raised his right arm to defend himself. With a quick strike with her mace she shattered the wolf's arm through his mangled steel armor. The wolfman howled in pain as he grabbed his broken arm with his remaining good arm. Anya raised her mace again and brought it down sharply on the wolfman's chest. The pointed flangs of her mace punched through the red stained steel breastplate and drew it's master's blood.

Anya raised her mace again over her head and looked down on the pitiful creature beneath her. She remembered watching her family being raided, all the adults being cut-down where they stood as the wolfmen destroyed everything she had known. She brought the mace down on the wolfman's good arm, breaking the joint and twisting it in an odd angle. The wolfman screamed in pain as Anya remembered  her parents dieing in-front of her as she was shoved in a bag. She brought the mace down again and landed it solidly against the beastman's chest, caving the breastplate in. Anya raised her mace again as the slave-master coughed and wheezed, having trouble breathing with his armor crushing his chest.

"You *coughs* think you've won? *wheezes* Don't you?" The wolfman manages to spit out between labored breaths and groans of pain.

"You think you haven't lost you piece of dung?!" Anya felt a ball of rage well up in her stomach as he saw the wolfman grin widely, his teeth drenched in blood.

"When you kill me, I'll finally be free." he laughed painfully.

Anya paused for a moment. Maybe this person, who she had hated almost her whole life, was just like her. Maybe he was just as tormented as she was. Anya thought back to the night she gave the wolfman his scar. Anya had grown old enough to be marketable. He had taken her to his personal quarters with the intention of teaching her a new role in life. Before she could even understand what was happening, he was forcing himself upon her. Her hand had reached out, looking for anything, and found a fork. She could still remember the howl he gave when she dug it through his face.

Anya suddenly had a clear thought. If she did not win this battle, she would never be able to save Red Rose. The wolf may have at one time been a redeemable person, now twisted by a dark god like she was. But he was not worth losing an innocent soul like Red Rose.

"What are you waiting for?" The wolf growled and shifted his weight beneath Anya.

"I was just wondering if you had ever been a kind person, but it matters not. I was just a little child without anyone to love me and you never showed me mercy. My teacher once taught me to ask myself who I am when I face a great ordeal. I am Anya, I am the result of your cruelty. Goodbye monster." With that she brought her adamantium mace down on the warlord's face, crushing his skull with a wet snap.

Letting go of the mace, Anya stood up. Green energy arced along her arm as she closed the wound left by the dead wolfman. She looked at her students and then to her enemy's army in silence.

"I have won dark god. Now keep your promise and leave me to my thoughts." Anya said to herself quietly. The army did not move, not from confusion from now being leaderless but from obedience. A figure emerged from the front lines of the soldiers. Wearing an unfamiliar deep blue plated mail detailed with teal metal trims and carrying no apparent weapon, the figure approached Anya. Once within 20 paces the figure pulled off his helmet to reveal smooth pale skin, long ears, black hair and deep blue eyes. Anya was shocked without words as she stared across at the only other Snowdrifter she had seen since she was a child.

"My how you've grown Anya." He stated with a smile.

TO BE CONTINUED!
------------------

Man, sorry for the wait on this one. I kept wondering if my description of the fight scene sucked or really sucked >.<
If you agree with me then perhaps when I put everything through a final edit I will switch back to more vague descriptions for the fight in this chapter. Anyways. I kept wondering if it was too short or too long or just badly described, hopefully it works out for the reader. Thank you for reading thus far ^.^
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 11:27:21 am by cganya »
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

auraluna

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 11:25:03 pm »

cliffhangeeeeeeeeeer :'( :'( :'( :'( *whines* not fair not fair, seriously.... *murrs and pulls your ear* stop playing minecraft and get back to write the next update. -.- And btw ... the warning was not even necessary you are your worse censor.  :P
Auraluna

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 02:57:23 am »

That was rape ???, that seemed more like attemped rape than anything.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 11:25:42 am »

fine fine i'll remove the warning. aura said it best in person: if someone has gotten this far in the story, this chapter is not going to scare them away.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 09:16:13 am »

Damn Mind Screw!

Also cganya you have motivated me to write! I wont be able to match this but I'll be writting any way.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 05:46:00 am »

I know its taking awhile but I am making progress on the next chapter. I have a specific list of scenes for the chapter now all I have to do is type it out. I've been distracted lately (having a failed wisdom tooth extraction did not help but isn't a good excuse either) I hope to have it ready tomorrow for posting ^.^

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2011, 05:05:17 am »

Holy crap on a stick Batman did this take a long time to get around to writing. damn you Minecraft, Damn you DC Universe Online, damn you soul crushing telemarketing job and damn wisdom teeth for causing so much stress.

Well now that I'm done bitching, on with the story!

Chapter 7

Anya could not believe what she was seeing, decades had come and gone since the last time she had seen a fellow Snowdrifter. She tried to remember him; his smile, his face, anything.

The Snowdrifter smiled warmly and marvelled at the long lost child. "How many years has it been Anya? Thirty? Maybe Forty years? You don't recognize me do you?" he asked, amused at Anya's puzzled expression.

"Not even a little... But I know I must have seen your face before. I was so little then. It feels like a lifetime ago." Anya smiled back, remembering distant memories of happiness and familiarity. Nearly every memory from before the attack on her family was filled with smiles and bright eyes. Something about this Snowdrifter nagged at her mind though.

"My name is Grigory, I was your father's brother, your uncle. He and your mother both loved you very much. I can still remember how proud of you they were when you told them you wanted to be a hunter just like your uncle Griggy." He laughed and walked closer to Anya, Slowly closing the gap between them.

"I don’t remember you too well though... How did you survive the wolfman attack?" Anya asked, her smile fading as she tried to dig deep into her memory to recall her uncle from so long ago.

"Well you probably don't remember me too well because your father and I had a falling out. You see Anya, the Snowdrifters sailed the stars a long time ago in search of a new home. Their old home had reached its end and once it proved unsuitable for us we moved on. Despite our great knowledge of technology, we fell from the stars to this world and became marooned. Your father and I argued over the fate of the snowdrifters who survived the crash. I advocated that we dismantle the ship and use its materials and technology to rebuild our heritage. He insisted that our ways were faulty and that we should learn to adapt and re-examine our knowledge so that we might avoid having to find a new home in the future." Grigory's smile faded into a frown.

Grigory's frown triggered Anya's memories. She could remember her father and Grigory shouting while the rest looked on, worried. They both held small white devices, pointing them at each other. Anya's father had told her that they were things called death talismans and that she should never touch them or she might hurt herself or others.

Grigory slid open a plate on his hip and pulled out the death talisman Anya had recalled him holding. He looked down at it, remembering the argument as well. "Your father's ideal was the popular one and he commanded me to leave the group as an exile. I left into the wilderness, alone and angry. After wandering for a time I became lost and lonely but it only served to make me hate your father even more. One night, in my dreams, a dark entity found me. It listened to my story and my misery until there was no more to tell. It told me that I could build the great civilization that I had wanted with it's help. It just wanted one favour in return." Grigory paused to put the talisman back in his armor.

Even though the answer was so obvious, Anya wished it was not true. Before her was the only blood related family member she still had. "It wanted you to prove fear was greater than pain by having you defeat Pain's champion." She stated, each word spoken grew harder to speak.

"Exactly Anya. I wonder how long ago you caught on to our situation." Grigory stated as he smiled again, the air around him seemed to thicken and grow darker as Anya started to have terrible suspicions. She started to back away from Grigory who was still slowly approaching her. Anya's fur began to stand on end as her mind raced through the years. "Now you’re starting to see Anya. This did not all start with the nightmare poison. I unleashed the wolfmen on your village.

"Y-you killed our family?" Anya stammered as she watched a black haze spread from behind Grigory.

"I told them to make sure that you lived; the rest, I told them, they could do whatever they wanted with." he replied, his smile growing more sinister. "After that, your master took care of the rest."

"I went through all that because of you?" Anya's body shook as the haze spread further, obscuring the army behind Grigory.

"Yes. I have been preparing all these years to kill you while all you have done is fought against your own nature. And now I'll show you the true power of fear and how useless your master’s gifts were." The blackness spread faster, blotting out the world around Anya. To the students looking over the two leaders, Anya appeared to stand still. Anya however stood alone, weapon-less and without armor, surrounded by the vast northern army. Anya looked around herself but found no favourable directions to escape through.

"You are known far and wide as a warrior without peer. "Boomed Grigory's voice from the now black sky. Despite the lack of a sun, the world around her was still visible. Anya had little time to ponder the strange dream-like world she was in however as the army began to close in on her slowly, spears and swords all pointing in her direction. "But even so, can you really never fall? Are you really such a master of battle?"

The soldiers closed in, closer and closer until their weapons came within Anya's reach. With great speed and skill Anya charged into battle with the nearest soldier. Striking swiftly and pulling his weapon from him. Anya cut through her enemies with ease but for each soldier she struck down with her mighty blows, another always stepped in to take his place.

For hours Anya fought but the ranks of soldiers never grew thinner or less eager to throw themselves at her. Each body would dissolve into the ground shortly after falling and there seemed to be no end to the sea of opponents before her. Shouting with rage and battle fury Anya tore her opponents apart as quickly as they could come at her.

Time waned on as she fought. Hours passed by without any reprieve or pause. Anya found herself growing slower time dragged on. Eventually she began to slip up and the soldiers managed to spill her blood more and more. Though she could easily close her wounds with her flesh weaving gift, she found herself needing to do it more often as time went by.

“How many hours had she been fighting?” Anya wondered as she felt her limbs grow heavy with exhaustion. Her vision blurred as her eyelids fought for rest. Suddenly she felt a blade pierce her through from behind. As she twisted around to kill the lucky soldier, she felt a spear pass through her arm. Even though no wound could make her feel pain, she quickly became bogged down by her wounds. Her flesh weaving could not keep up anymore; she could not remove the weapons from her body fast enough. Gasping desperately for breath Anya struggled to stay conscious as her blood drenched the ground beneath her. The soldiers forced her to the ground as they continued to pierce and slice her body to ribbons.

As her vision faded slowly, Anya weakly pleaded for her body to keep fighting. For the first time she could not find the strength to rise back up and keep fighting.

"Where is the unending endurance of the southern Battle Master? Your enemies were simple, mortal, men yet now you lay beneath them defeated. You are no Master of Battle!" Grigory's voice echoed throughout Anya's mind as her vision faded to black.

Slowly Anya felt the world coming back to her. Her vision returned sluggishly as she tried to focus on what was going on around her. She was kneeling in a windswept grass field amidst a black fog. She watched as Grigory casually picked up her adamantium mace as he continued to walk closer to her. She tried to stand or even focus her eyes to see further through the black haze around her but every effort felt muted.

"Your struggles only show me how scared you are right now. What use is your immunity to pain when you’re too afraid to move? How pitiful you are..." Grigory stated with a smile as the black fog thickened rapidly blotting out Anya's sight once again. “You are known wide and far as a great thinker. But are your plans really so fault-less?” he continued.

When at last Anya could see again she found herself leaving Grigory's tent. Looking around she found herself standing in the middle of the great army's campsite. "But this hasn’t happened... This is my imagination." she thought to herself. She was jolted out of her thoughts as she felt a warm gust of wind from behind. As if it were real she remembered ordering for the woods to be torched. Turning to look behind her, she knew that not far off a wave of fire was spreading along the trees.

Anya started running towards her students at the front of the massive force, determined to escape the fire. As she sprinted towards the frontlines Anya thought it odd that she was reliving this memory. Her enemy was trapped and facing annihilation and all she had to do was get to the front and join her students with the forces of Greatwall.

Passing the old and gnarled trees of the forest as well as resting soldiers with great speed, Anya started to hear shouts and rushed commands. Moments later she saw the light. Soldiers were starting to run past her, either heading to command to report or just to get to safety. Behind them, fire was spreading along the trees.

Anya paused for a moment longer as she looked around. Had she gotten turned around as she headed to the front? She turned and began to run again making sure to keep her heading.

Minutes later as she passed Grigory's tent again. Without pausing she continued on, the light of the fire steadily following her. Tense seconds passed as Anya outpaced the fire. Just ahead she thought she could see the distant lights of Greatwall but to her dismay they grew brighter and began to illuminate the forest ahead.

Had Greatwall really tossed aside her plan and set fire to the forest from the other side? It had appeared so. With time burning away far too quickly Anya made a dash for the southern cliff face. She had not run out of options yet! As she ran south however, the forest grew brighter and brighter on both sides.

Anya gave a sigh of relief as the cliff face came into view. The forest was growing hot as fire began to spread into view along the tree tops. Without hesitation she threw herself at the rock wall and began to climb. The fire seemed to race across the tree's leaves as she climbed the unforgiving cliff. As she reached the canopy along the rocks she felt the heat of the fire along her back, the fire had caught up with her!

Despite her best efforts the fire licked at Anya's fur and before she could ascend past the flames it had spread along her tail and legs. The fire felt like being submerged into a hot bath, Anya felt no pain but the fire ate at her fur and spread along it. Placing one hand past the other, she continued to climb the steep cliff, even as the fire spread to her clothing and hair. With every foot she climbed, Anya began to lose pieces of her clothing as they burned away. With her fur and hair rapidly burning away, Anya's singed and blistered skin began to show through.

Finally reaching the ledge of the cliff, Anya's eyes spotted the boots of a soldier waiting at the top. As she looked up to identify the man, he thrust a pole against her face firmly. Surprised, Anya turned her face to dislodge the pole but it was already too late. The rocks and dirt Anya had been holding onto gave-way and she began to fall back from the cliff face. Anya felt the world slow down as her feet left the wall of rock, as she fell back she noticed the soldier was wearing the Greatwall uniform. Anya twisted around as she fell back towards the forest; she could see dozens of northern soldiers below her, their burning corpses littering the tree tops.

Anya came crashing through the canopy to land against the ground with a sickening crunch. Clutching her bare chest, Anya rolled onto her back. The fall had forced her breath from her and she fought just to breath. All around her brush, leaves and branches were burning; all competing for the air Anya desperately needed. Mere seconds began to feel like minutes as Anya struggled, finally catching her breath.

The sounds of collapsing trees snapped Anya's mind back to the matter at hand. Rising to her feet she could feel pressure in her chest. Closing her eyes for a moment she focused her flesh weaving magic inwards and felt out her broken ribs, they would take more time than she had to repair. Opening her eyes, Anya started to trek through the burning forest. She still had to try to find an escape.

Orientating herself with the cliff face, Anya headed east towards the stream she had used to start half of the hellish fire she was trapped in. Green arcs of energy traveled along her flesh and chest as she started consciously repairing her charring flesh and broken ribs. Carefully she avoided burning bushes and corpses, occasionally dodging painfully away from falling trees, Anya steadily made her way further.

Coming in view of the burning stream, Anya paused. It was several feet wide and still burning strongly but beyond it was wide open plains and freedom from the fire which was making her flesh and muscles hard and stiff. Rendered nude by flame and surrounded by burning forest, Anya decided to risk the burning oil and jump the stream. Gathering herself she dashed at the stream and vaulted over it. Her muscles fought her efforts and her lungs struggled to lift her as they fought the fires for each breath. Anya shouted her determination as she sailed over the flames towards her freedom.

In a flash, however, Anya's feet touched down two feet short of the shore. Her oil coated feet met muddy streambed and slid behind her. As fluidly as she had jumped, she slid under the water, if only for a moment. Steadying herself Anya clawed at the shore, pulling herself out of the flame crowned waters. As her body left the warm waters the oil clung to her flesh and ignited anew. Crawling onto the shore Anya struggled to clear the burning oil from her eyes and face. Blinded and unable to breath Anya's struggles grew weaker and weaker. Her flesh weaving, unable to keep up with the appetite of the flames, could not stem the damage any longer. Her body failing her Anya slowly stopped moving entirely.

"How could your best laid plans fall apart so badly? You did not count on your allies to deviate from your schemes and you left yourself trapped along with your enemy. Is that what you think a cunning manipulator is? You are no great tactician!" Grigory laughed as Anya's vision returned to her slowly. Standing before her, Girgory held her mace high. With a sweeping motion he brought the mace down against Anya's face, shattering her jaw and tossing her several feet to the side. "I was hoping you would be able to resist your fears more easily Anya. How disappointing really, we had so much catching up to do." Grigory teased as he hefted the mace over his shoulder and began walking over to a stunned Anya.

Anya's vision began to fade again as the black haze closed in on her again. For the first time in many years Anya feared for her life. If she could not shrug off Grigory's dark assault, she would certainly die.

To Be Continued!
----------------
Actually, I feel really good about this chapter. I had planned to continue the chapter till the end of the story but it was getting long so I decided to put a chapter break there. Please leave me a comment, even if its criticism. personally I have no idea what burning alive is like but i imagine its a bit more gory and lethal than that. I envisioned it that she really wasn't burning until being coated in oil and smoke inhalation wouldn't be much of an issue because there was no enclosure really. I'm no expert though.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2011, 05:25:36 am »

Nice writing.

About the burning, you can hand wave the bits before the oil to her flesh weaving abilities so you get the ok from me =P

Oh! This reminds me! I need to write the next chapter of my story XD
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

auraluna

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2011, 02:09:41 pm »

OH ^.^  yay you finally wrote your new chapter! Quite full of action I should say, call me absent minded but why does Grigroy wanted her alive for? Did you explained it and I happened to not understand or whats? And ouchie for the mace to the face that is not nice, poor Anya always suffering and battling and doing all that stuff I found unladylike *giggles* such a tomboy!

Anyways I want to know more and hey what happened to the Rose girl? Is she still in there in the tar mist?

and btw nice cliffhanger, my talents are rubbing off on you *rubs rubs* mmm purrrr
Auraluna
Pages: 1 [2]