Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sx  (Read 2048 times)

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
Re: Sx
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 09:28:55 pm »

I've got to ask: what is with the thread title?

Personally, I think nerve damage needs the least work out of all the parts of the combat system.

I think Sx is the term used for severe nerve damage.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Korgus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 04:19:46 pm »

It means "Ability to stand lost"
F*** your pointy ears I've my dwarves inside.
And f*** your wooden swords I've my dwarves inside.
F*** your bins of cloth I've my dwarves inside.
If you're looking to be killed I've my dwarves outside.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 04:40:38 pm »

I would like to see some option for repairing severed nerves, personally, even if it's a cheat option.  I think it would be cool if they could be stitched together with adamantine thread.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Korgus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 04:59:15 pm »

It'd probably make more sense to make nerve damage rarer.
F*** your pointy ears I've my dwarves inside.
And f*** your wooden swords I've my dwarves inside.
F*** your bins of cloth I've my dwarves inside.
If you're looking to be killed I've my dwarves outside.

Zanielyene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 08:25:20 pm »

If crutches will alleviate the problem with Sx in the future, then I'm okay with nerve damage as it is.

Now my biggest cripe is setting a squad to attack multiple units, and they only kill one unit and then sit on top of the corpse D:

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2011, 09:16:27 am »

I usually station them at a fixed location near their target. Dwarven military are pretty hostile, and they'll engage and kill anything they see while patrolling or moving to a station. That is, they will about 85% of the time. Sometimes for unknowable reasons they don't acknowledge a creature's presence even when standing close to it, they just need time to think harder. Usually when the game's very busy with pathfinding.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

pincushion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2011, 12:07:03 pm »

I would like to see some option for repairing severed nerves, personally, even if it's a cheat option.  I think it would be cool if they could be stitched together with adamantine thread.

A surgery mood that requires adamantine, and replaces one nerve damaged part with an adamantine limb. Would be rare for it to happen, rarer still that you'd have adamantine ready, but awesome to have the dwarf back on the front line with an artifact limb.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2011, 01:35:59 pm »

Prosthetics involving a complex production process requiring tons of masterwork mechanisms would be awesome.

But simply spending a thread of the precious fun metal for the repair of a severed nerve would make me happy.  Should also probably require a high surgery skill.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2011, 04:12:35 pm »

In the situation where there is no metal, layer the crap out of everything. You'll still have casualties if you commit your military though, so either go with the flow of the grimdark world you're in, build elaborate traps, start digging for HFS, or regen in a world your parent civ isn't dead.

As far as the adamantine nerve repair, I feel it breaks the aesthetic of the game a bit, but would be appropriate (and awesome) for high magic mods (or, one day far away, worldgen options.)

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2011, 07:47:30 pm »

As annoying as it is to lose skilled dwarves to freak occurrences in combat, I'm going to strongly disagree with the idea that nerve damage should be recoverable.  Nerve damage is supposed to be permanent and debilitating, or there wouldn't even be nerves in the game.

And I still think that 7 years should have been enough time for the OP to find metal.  That's more than enough time to find, mine, and process spoiler tubes.  Did the OP try using prospector or dfreveal to check if there is any metal?
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.
Pages: 1 [2]