Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

should this topic be stickied

Yes.
- 49 (64.5%)
Make it a itsy bitsy better and then yes.(Post HOW!)
- 8 (10.5%)
Nah, tooooooo cmplicated. My elf head can't take this.
- 19 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Some new events perhaps?  (Read 10567 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some new event's perhaps?
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2011, 06:51:38 am »

I To add to the magma-level raising, there's been (more than once) prior suggestions about water levels raising.  Either tidally (in some sort of seasonal-long cycle) or as a gradually raising of sea-level.

Sort of takes us back to the 2D era, of course.  And it's a little horribly topical to talk about water washing across the land (the FPS!  Won't somebody think of the FPS!) so apologies and reassurances that this wasn't meant to be in bad taste.

(While I'm here can I please complain about the horribly tortured apostrophe in the thread title which has no reason to be there?)

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
Re: Some new event's perhaps?
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2011, 07:07:45 am »

I To add to the magma-level raising, there's been (more than once) prior suggestions about water levels raising.  Either tidally (in some sort of seasonal-long cycle) or as a gradually raising of sea-level.

Sort of takes us back to the 2D era, of course.  And it's a little horribly topical to talk about water washing across the land (the FPS!  Won't somebody think of the FPS!) so apologies and reassurances that this wasn't meant to be in bad taste.
Yeah. I know. That's why it should only be a random event that ocasionally happens(Like with megabeasts).

(While I'm here can I please complain about the horribly tortured apostrophe in the thread title which has no reason to be there?)

No you may not.  :P...Just kidding. I'l change that.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 07:17:11 am by antymattar »

Spyton

• Bay Watcher
  • Red Harvest
    • View Profile
Re: Some new events perhaps?
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 10:06:49 am »

The evil wizard seems kind of over powered if hes friendly, Maybe if you have it where he can "accidentaly" summon a demon that fights and wounds/kills him and then proceeds to rampage about like a normal megabeast.

Also how bout tournaments, Like your noble dwarves or military dwarves hold sword, hammer, wrestling tournaments etc etc that provide entertainment for the fort and rewards to the victor and the occasional bad thought to one of the losers.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2011, 10:29:14 am »

The evil wizard seems kind of over powered if hes friendly, Maybe if you have it where he can "accidentaly" summon a demon that fights and wounds/kills him and then proceeds to rampage about like a normal megabeast.

Also how bout tournaments, Like your noble dwarves or military dwarves hold sword, hammer, wrestling tournaments etc etc that provide entertainment for the fort and rewards to the victor and the occasional bad thought to one of the losers.
Hmm...*Evil grin*.

A tournament is a sset up event(The player makes it) BUT...*Goes to edit*
DONEL Added *duel*.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 10:37:20 am by antymattar »

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2011, 02:10:22 pm »

Sprouced up the thread a little bit.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2011, 03:19:09 pm »

added some three/four new civ events.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2011, 06:35:32 am »

Oh man. I did a complete overhaul of the front page. Now it's less messy AND you can categorize stuff more easelly. I'm still looking for more suggestions.

*Can you put a spoiler within a spoiler?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2011, 06:44:08 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]

Very nice formatting, but I still say it's overcomplicated, rediculous, and everyone will get killed because of it.

You, sir, are a true dwarf.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2011, 07:32:04 am »

Oh so youre the elf then...   :o

Anyway, It wouldn't be so that when you embark, half your caravan runs away to form a new fort, an angry hermit comes and aquires all your food, and you are forced into a war because you didn't have anyting to give to your civ that is at war. I just think that these would be interesting things. Perhaps you would have one event a year. By even I mean those signs that appear when a fb comes to your fort.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2011, 12:04:37 pm »

How about a local civilisation demanding taxes for certain things, and sending raiding parties to extract said taxes by force if they aren't received? Exactly what you're taxed for should vary by civ, but forming a militia or constructing certain buildings like a tavern or mill might be good candidates. Building a mill should also attract people from nearby villages wishing to grind their corn for a small fee, plus a surcharge to the local lord.

Sending raiding parties out to neighbouring settlements on your own initiative should also potentially get you into trouble with the Mountainhome for breaking the King's peace, depending on said monarch's temperament.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2011, 02:59:45 pm »

I like most of them, but the saboutur sounds to difficult.

Maybe the area when you embark will have an event screen, which will say that the place is interesting (I.E. lots of crap will happen, refugges all the time, ect.)  Or boring, (Very few non natural events).  Or they could use the calm system that is already there.

I do agree with most though.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2011, 03:14:40 pm »

Entrance Cave-in- A loud rumbling is heard at the entrance of your fort and some dwarves go out to investigate. It seems that all of your entrances caved in and you are trapped inside! Your dwarves must now survive underground or try to mine your way out! This of course would only happen to forts under-ground and when it happens there is no access to traders and all dwarves outside leave, all items outside are lost. The plus side to this is no enemies aboveground can attack you.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2011, 05:49:54 am »

Entrance Cave-in- A loud rumbling is heard at the entrance of your fort and some dwarves go out to investigate. It seems that all of your entrances caved in and you are trapped inside! Your dwarves must now survive underground or try to mine your way out! This of course would only happen to forts under-ground and when it happens there is no access to traders and all dwarves outside leave, all items outside are lost. The plus side to this is no enemies aboveground can attack you.

This may potentially have potential. But what if there are a lot of enterances...Nah, we don`t have elves playing DF.

I`l ad this.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2011, 06:14:10 am »

Added Your event and also Jail Break.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2011, 06:45:03 am »

Dwarven revenge.

If a dwarf has been seriously harmed by a tantruming dwarf who he/she has a grudge against, he/she may eventually get revenge by harming, or in some cases killing the dwarf.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6