Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 256214 times)

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #3090 on: February 25, 2018, 11:07:55 am »

Xaritscin, please can you just edit a previous post (or better, make a lets play in the appropriate sub-board) if you're just adding more about what you're doing in game. Whilst it's always good to hear about cool/weird stuff that happened etc. a lot of stuff you're posting is just standard game play which would be better in a lets play.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: February 25, 2018, 01:34:26 pm »

So what are folks' thoughts about the upcoming change to the the macharial?

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: February 25, 2018, 05:10:30 pm »

Xaritscin, please can you just edit a previous post (or better, make a lets play in the appropriate sub-board) if you're just adding more about what you're doing in game. Whilst it's always good to hear about cool/weird stuff that happened etc. a lot of stuff you're posting is just standard game play which would be better in a lets play.

I prefer some life in this thread, and hope he keeps posting about his Eve playing.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: February 25, 2018, 07:27:11 pm »

i do the editing on each daily post actually (hence the UPDATE, UPDATE 2.... formatting). guess the forum layout makes it look like i make several posts at once but its actually a per day thing.

as for my misadventures, it will take a while to post something again since im training a new char. plan is to have leveled the most important things then return to WHs/low sec with a PvP capable frigate.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: February 26, 2018, 05:34:19 am »

i do the editing on each daily post actually (hence the UPDATE, UPDATE 2.... formatting). guess the forum layout makes it look like i make several posts at once but its actually a per day thing.

as for my misadventures, it will take a while to post something again since im training a new char. plan is to have leveled the most important things then return to WHs/low sec with a PvP capable frigate.

You've still got multiple posts in a row even if they're on different days and double posting is sorta frowned upon.

I enjoy reading about people's general exploits (especially when they know it much better than I do), but it's better to have that in a Lets Play (or at the very least spoiler it), as a full run down of your daily activity tends to swamp all the other posts about new updates/people needing help/discussing other things.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: February 26, 2018, 09:21:36 am »

when you edit a few a post a few days days old noone is ever going to read it, at least not untill the next dude posts.
yeah, its frowned upon if you just hit a thread with a tripple post. but personaly i also frown upon to much frownery.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: February 26, 2018, 12:26:17 pm »

when you edit a few a post a few days days old noone is ever going to read it, at least not untill the next dude posts.
yeah, its frowned upon if you just hit a thread with a tripple post. but personaly i also frown upon to much frownery.

Hence why you set up a lets play thread - then you can post all your exploits endlessly and alert people interested. I really like lets play threads - especially if it's a game like Eve, I just don't think it's a good place to have it along side all the other game talk.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: February 28, 2018, 04:28:28 pm »

very well, i'll keep posting news and rumors instead.

from some reddit posts it seems the Triglavian Collective ships feature a siege mode. not sure what would be the focus for it but taking in account the main feature of the ships is the ABC weapon mount, it could be that they are designed to either be an anti-Drifter combat platform with their siege mode designed to counter the Lux Kontos/Lux Xiphos weapons while active. the other hypothesis is that they are a new strain of ships that enter siege mode to boost their damage potential in order to become some kind of sentry (which would make sense taking in account they sport a new gimmick weapon).

no news regarding the SoCT aniversary ship, but it seems that its larger than a regular battleship according to the leaks. according to the ship view in SiSi the vessel is over 2km long, making it the biggest "battleship" in the game, being a few meters over a Nidhoggur if those measurements dont change. kinda makes sense taking in account that all SoCT ships are in the intermediate hulls (Sunesis is a Destroyer, Gnosis is a Battlecruiser, Apotheosis is currently the exception i think since i havent seen its size compared to a regular shuttle) but since there's no middle ground between a Battleship and a Dreadnought, this vessel probably tries to fill the gap by being in sizes larger than the current battleship roster while being still smaller than a regular dread.

will have to wait until more information is avaliable. i'd talk about some community stuff but i dont think the people here at Bay12 is interested in that kind of gossip.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: February 28, 2018, 05:04:00 pm »

I enjoyed your (mis)adventures, without them this thread would probably still be somewhere around page 10 or whereever.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: February 28, 2018, 11:33:00 pm »

thanks for the support but i dont think it was page 10, probably a few 10 pages for the times i posted.

anyways, there was another seeding in SiSi according to Reddit.

a set of normal and destroyed faction citadels for the Immensea region, probably tied to the "Forsaken Ruins" short story which wasnt technically canon but it seems it will be now. not sure if those faction citadels will be avaliable for players tho, probably just landmarks.

there will be an easter event related to the Guristas. its some kind of pod gathering event or something like that, not sure in how it will work. but there's one set of skins for each empire faction and one set of skins for the Gurista subcaps (there will probably be one for the Caiman, Loggerhead and Komodo later).

there's also a Sariel's Flame skin for the Dramiel, that one has a description for a Sariel guy that disbanded from the Arch Angels or something like that in a search of ancient technology with some other former members of the Angel Cartel. for now its just 1 skin so im not sure if it will be another tribute thing.

no news about the Triglav, Drifter or SoCT new ships.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: March 01, 2018, 01:06:24 pm »

I enjoyed your (mis)adventures, without them this thread would probably still be somewhere around page 10 or whereever.

Again, please don't get me wrong - I enjoyed it, I just don't think this is the right place. I'd really like you to continue them in a different thread!

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: March 02, 2018, 11:18:48 am »

its not that we did not understand you.
just seems noone else is bothered by someone posting something eve related to this eve thread.  personaly i also dont think that someone wo wants to share personal ingame events has to start a lets play.
gawd. this whole discussion is so totally beside the topic. can we stop this now? its realy pointless and noone exept you seems to care.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: March 02, 2018, 01:17:17 pm »

Burn Jita is happening

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: March 02, 2018, 01:42:46 pm »

CCP is doing some changes to the New Eden Store. they will remove the oldest and less popular skins in order to make way for new ones (it seems the store is cluttered with over 800 skins in total). hopefully this will mean they could revise some of the old designs from when the skin system was released.

there was also a devblog regarding security measures in february but i dont have the details. seems they are doing some further changes to the ban system or something like that.

rest of he recent stuff is community gossip like the possible return of Co2 in the null sec scene (something something GigX is back) and also the return of Elo Knight, dont know much about the guy but apparently he was the leader of Black Legion, a well known alliance in the past that went down due to the Phoebe changes (jump fatigue and that stuff), main hypothesis says that its due to the recent changes to jump fatigue and the HAC changes (more specifically, the Munnin changes).

also it seems the Amarr-Minmatar warzone is changing, Amarr militia has been taking over a lot of systems so expect the Navy Slicer to get cheaper or something like that. not idea on the state of the Caldari-Gallente warzone tho.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: March 05, 2018, 04:46:39 pm »

im thinking on adding a let's play in the proper subforum for my WH runs. but need some opinions on something.

currently i have a Caldari clone leveling the main skills for proper fitting, navigation and scanning skills (including salvaging and hacking/archaeology) have been maxed already along with spaceship command related. the plan is to do the jump from high sec to low class WH space in order to start kickstarting my profits so im thinking on optimizing the skills so i can get to max on all the needed stuff without having to rely on injectors later on.

to do this i'll probably have to focus on a single weapon doctrine, so i'd like to hear opinions about both Hybrids and Missiles. Drones could be an extra punch if i consider jumping into Gurista ships (mostly the Worm) but i dont want to waste skillpoints early.

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 210