Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210]

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 256135 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #3135 on: August 11, 2018, 03:16:27 pm »

the ATXV has come. this year's rewards are a the Hydra and the Tiamat which are a pair of Triglavian frigate and cruiser with covert ops capabilities modified by the Society of Concious Thought. apart of that there's an upcoming event featuring Abyssal Deadspace where players will be able to unveil more history regarding the Triglavian situation along with skins for the Triglav ships and a strain of Mutaplasmids for Ancillary modules.

the next August patch will land with the redesign of the Navitas line and the Caldari Industrials apart of some New Player Experience stuff and some performance improvements. the Osprey and variations redesign is also coming in September.

there's some other stuff coming in the update pages like FAX changes, Activities Tracker. there's also EVE Vegas coming up in October.

the big stuff is coming in winter tho. there's a new 64 bit client coming up (not mandatory but its there). the Upwell Cyno Beacon, Cyno Jammer and Jum Bridge apart of skins for structures and an overhaul of the settings menu.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: October 21, 2018, 11:34:23 pm »

some snippets from EVE Vegas:

1. Winter Update:

-FLEX Upwell Structures which are the replacemente of the jumping related POS modules, they are the Ansiblex Jump Gate, Pharolux Cyno Beacon and Tenebrux Cyno Jammer. these structures use the same acces lists as the rest, from what i gather these new gates consume liquid ozone for every ship jumping. there's no fatigue penalty for using these things and they can become public or connect to gates from other alliances.

-Abyssal Deadspace Coop which is meant for groups of 3 frigates via activating 3 filaments (of the same type i presume)

-Abyssal Duel sites which have a chance to appear while doing regular Abyssal dives, its meant for a 1v1 cruiser encounter with another player and some loot to reclaim if being the winner (countdown still applies aparently)

-new Triglavian ships, the Kikimora destroyer, Drekavac battlecruiser, Rodiva support cruiser and its T2 logi version the Zarmazd. the first one is a long range platform, the BC is well a more robust ship than the Vedmak due to armor resistance bonus and the Rodiva/Zarmazd are meant to be logistical cruisers with a ramping rep bonus for remote repairers.

-Abyssal deadspace will receive some resource extractors spawning in the pockets as an extra source for prime materials in order to further supply for Triglavian related manufacturing

-Activity Tracker which will allow players (and CCP) to see their current statistics along with providing some kind of information for new players about what can be done ingame

-Wardces can only be put on corps that own structures, this is a temporary thing as it seems they will have to create a completely different mechanic to replace the current wardec system

-Crimson Harvest returns with a new set of skins, material and other goodies (this is meant to come soon compared to the rest but i included it anyways)

-there will also be a winter event supposedly set near the outer atmosphere of a frozen planet.

-other stuff previously mentioned like FAX nerfs or skins for Upwell structures

2. plans for 2019 or so:

-they want to further redesign the Agency in order to make it the main source of information regarding activities, fleet finder, events, tutorials and stuff like that.

-some kind of "daily missions", cant remember their purpose

-improvements for ECM and its related ships, things like extra strength, range and a reduction in signature radius or fitting requirements seem to be coming up on the first phase. no word on defensive improvements but as i always thought, these ships werent meant to carry almost all their mids choke full on the modules. they were supposed to act the same as the other EWAR platforms with 1 or 2 of them and carry proper tank.

-changes to Navy ships. at least battlecruiser and up. not sure on navy frigs and cruisers as they were already rebalanced years ago, but they seem to be wanting to put unique gimmicks to the ships to make them more than a direct buffed version of their T1 precedents.

-possibly opening Abyssal Duel bonus sites for 3v3 frigate fights

-some looks into capital ships (not trully confirmed but they may be looking at it)

-the replacement for the already mentioned Wardec system

-further additions to events with things like more skin colors, patterns, effects, new rewards and other stuff like that

-mutaplasmids for damage modules, with up to 20% RoF and Damage from unstables.

among some other stuff i cant really remember.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: November 16, 2018, 07:46:56 am »

So the expansion dropped and I've been playing again for about 10 days.

Anyone else playing lately?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: November 16, 2018, 08:02:43 pm »

So the expansion dropped and I've been playing again for about 10 days.

Anyone else playing lately?

i recently finished a long thread documenting my misadventures in EVE but restarted again in a Minmatar clone some days ago. outside of that it seems most people in the forum is playing something else, cant blame them, it gets boring at times.

BTW this weekend there's a double training event going on. you can log and get two injections of 25K SP for alphas or 50K SP for omegas on top of having your skill training speed doubled from here to Nov 19. pretty interesting thing.

the winter event is still in motion but there's no leaks in SiSi so far. things are getting interesting tho, according to the game world articles there may be space for Ice Mining lasers for Refineries coming up from Upwell's next research project. if true then people will now get to mine ice the same way is done with Moons but on "Ice Giant" planets. this isnt confirmed but rather hinted at, so no further details of it.

also the Triglavian logi ship got moved to December release (if not later to 2019). we only go the BC and the Destroyer, good enough. and people is already getting some dank killmails on the bonus Abyssal PvP pockets.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: June 27, 2019, 01:59:45 pm »

uplifting this thread from the Abyss to give some latest news:

the currently expansion is EVE: Invasion (Part 1 or something like that). so far CCP has been churning out Triglavian related content, further fleshing out the faction as its own additional empire rather than what we've see with the pirates.

in total there's at least 1 of every ship class/size on the Triglavian roster, with their T2 versions being modified hulls produced by the empires to fullfill their respective role. all things considered, this new expansion brings the idea of the triangles coming out of the Abyss and invade solar system all along the cluster. for the few weeks that has been running the Triglavian forces have clashed against capsuleers solely on high sec and unlike the old Sansha Incursions they produce loot and salvage rather than being mostly rewards in LP which means there has been quite of a discussion regarding their profitability. still, the materials dropped are important for the economy since previously the only way to obtain components of Triglavian origin required exploring with filaments.

there were also some healthy changes like allowing faction modules to use T2 ammunition or that we're gonna be able to see the NPC damage/resistance profiles on their info, among other UI improvements.

the Agency was revamped as was proyected and it includes a shortened tutorial for new players alongside vital info of most activities that can be done in the game (Resource Wars were left out so i guess im gonna rush to get them apparel pieces before it gets removed or something). this includes Agent Finder, Planet and Asteroid Info along side with Signatures which mean you can now see which systems have a lot of stuff going on but you will still have to go there to revise the info or do the probe scanning.

the most notable thing to happen atm however is that the Drifters, yes, THE DRIFTERS! are now attacking the nullsec regions. i hope this expansion will have some sort of arching progression that will shake most of the cluster with these NPC forces forming a 3-4 way escalation with players and Sansha forces as its expected from the Zorya Triglav video.

as for future stuff. a set of changes to the VNI are underway according to the latest presentations in the world tour. the Navy Vexor will basically loose its advantage of being able to field a full flight of heavy drones in favour of getting hybrid turret, drone and armor repping bonuses. players wanting to field a set of heavies will have to either move to a Dominix/Myrmidon which are much more easier to catch or an Ishtar which means skilling up into a more expensive and specialized hull.

in addition to this CCP will make a set of changes to Alpha Clone drone skills. diminishing the efficiency of droneboats for farming. other set of things to come are a Alliance Bookmarks(?) or something like that, a return to Tiericide and the missing set and changes to Pirate Implants which will be soon be put into the test server.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: July 06, 2019, 11:22:19 am »

updated news for July:

-Drifters are invading Nullsec en masse, first attacks were just semirandom happenings but they are getting more bold on each passing week as CCP updates them

-48 hours from now Nullsec will have delayed local due to the stress put on the FTL communications network, so basically Local Chat will work like it does in Wormhole Space

-Shared Bookmarks and their functionality are being discussed on the forums, they were mentioned as a prototype in the World Tour but now the devs want to get some feedback

-the VNI changes are on Singularity

other factions apart from the Drifters and Triglavians are also provoking mayhem here and there albeit the reports are mostly RP/Lore stuff. it is possible that the next step in the events could be related to the pirate factions and lowsec but that's just personal speculation. here's some of what i've gathered from the news strips:

-Interbus refuses to comment on results of border transport services review

-Caldari Navy reportedly monitoring but not responding to Guristas fleets

-Blood Raider assault fleets continue to be sighted in Ammatar Mandate

-True Creations raiding parties reported in Semiki system

-Lai Dai protection service forces landing on Intaki V as mercenary conflict develops

-Caille rogue drone cultural exchange society offices firebombed
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 11:37:28 am by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: August 15, 2019, 02:12:18 pm »

condensed news from july and august:

1. Drifer Invasion stopped? it seems the things went back to normal

2. Blackout still in effect (delayed local for null)

3. VNI got changed to an active combat style (seems promising)

4. Slaves got renamed to "Amulet", this is an opening for the upcoming second set of Pirate Implants (Amulet is Blood Raider related, new Slaves will be Shield focused AFAIK)

5. Triglavian scouting units are spawning in systems outside of Invasion Zones, many casualtes ensued (mostly AFK miners and stuff)

6. there's hints of Drifters preparing for a second wave of invasion, ingame world news talk about an increase in wormhole connections to Drifter Hive systems

as for upcoming stuff:

-CCP Rise tweeted about the September update, Ventures wont be able to contest FW plexes (not sure if being unable to capture the beacon or not be able to warp to the site at all, need more info)

-also Rise, put a new thread in the forums about an upcoming change to Cynos, their use is going to be restricted to Black Ops and Recons and Jump Freigthers will be able to jump to Covert Cynos

that last change has again caused a Threadnought in the forums. i can understand both side, from one Corvettes will loose some of the few uses they have and lone capital pilots will have it hard to move around. from the other this means less spam of response fleets for every fucking encounter and will reduce capital spam to a degree.

Chaosegg

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch what is done more than what is said.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: September 14, 2019, 09:48:01 pm »

I have played off and on since beta, and done most things aside from flying a the post-logistics-capships (dread/carrier only before that change).

I read the previous 3 posts, and all this sounds like things are still going great in the EVE universe.
I've always said that if I could cease to age, and/or stop the passage of time, then I would just play EVE [& be happy].

The local-chat change is a particularly exciting thing, along the that cyno-nerf...
I was thinking if I ever went back an played, then I'd try living in WH space just for that "new" local-chat mechanic... but I never did get around to trying 'the WH thing' long-term,
since I'm even less interested in pointless PvP these days than I was when I played in my early 20's
(when I liked to have a "good" reason(s), such as; "we were attacked/'decc'ed without just cause", "protecting the innocent", or "they were rude to us without just cause".)

I've been only playing casual the last few times I sub'ed... doing mostly 'carebear' stuff and trying to catch up on all the things I missed while playing a hardcore nullsec alliance pvp-defense-FC for years back in the day. I actually even did a fair bit of mining and a bit of exploration with my courier missions & market trading.
(At the time I was not confident in the stability of my internet connection though, so that limited my interest in risking a large amount of assets.)

Anyways... does anyone here still play much? Have any idea where I could find info, on the major groups/corps I might join if I wanted to be a bit more social when I play next time?
***Likes 'green' airships for their efficiency.***
Creative seeking other creative TTRPGers to join, or join me, for  immersive, fun, creative, team-crafted stories. Setting flexible; mostly sci-fi &/or fantasy (I know SW, MiddleEarth, DnD, & ST best, but Ulisses Spiele & Cypher System high on list too. There are a few other niche sys. like DCC, a homebrew 3.5 or Pathfndr I/II; But at this point I'd even DM or play a well-run 5e game. Let the ideas flow, and never forget the 4 pillars of an RPG!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: September 15, 2019, 12:50:16 am »

news for september:

-Cyno nerfs applied, only Black Ops and Force Recons can use them, additionally there's a new Industrial Cyno that can be used by well, industrials i guess (including Jump Freighters)
-the nullsec blackout on chat will be lifted in Monday 16
-new Mimesis implants have been added to the game, they are focused on adding extra punch to Entropic Disintegrator damage at the cost of longer spooling (still reasonable since there weren't many implants that benefited these new Triglavian weaponry)
-a monument will be put in Molea as replacement for the old community mantained Cementery
-no ETA on pirate implants yet, but they are coming at least at the end of the year i guess.
-wormhole connections seem to have increased (or at least the ones to null sec, not sure)
-wormholes and stars got their graphics updated at low graphics (no memory/cpu issues found)
-new Emergent Conduit site spawns in highsec (so far), its a Triglavian themed anomaly that spawns waves of enemies along with some Talassonite asteroids. probably made as a showcase for those wanting to explore these enemies before doing abyssal dives or invasions
-Triglavian Invasions have expanded to Lowsec
-fitting window got some tweaks to add some information snippets as a helping tool for new players and veterans, system basically notifies if the fit has something wrong
-new Bookmark system shown in a stream on EVE Berlin

i'll post whatever is shown tomorrow here as an EDIT.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: August 19, 2020, 10:12:47 pm »

Hey so mega necro time but I figured it made more sense to do this rather than make a new thread.
If anyone happens to stumble in here and is looking for a small wormhole corp to chuck an alpha or omega clone at, feel free to message me to learn a bit more about us!
IGN is Johiah Parmala
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 10:19:52 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210]