Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: In Progress: DF Cultists!  (Read 3772 times)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: In Progress: DF Cultists!
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 08:27:57 pm »

That's not really so much the problem, as kobolds don't have the initiative to expand their civilization beyond the one tribe-site, kobolds actually become pretty rare in comparison to other civilizations.
But, i'll figure out how to handle that, in the meantime i have plenty of much more active civilizations to catalogue.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 09:03:26 pm »

Maybe include a terrain=culture with some random elements. If there are lots of trees then they are hippies. If they are on a river then they make extensive use of seafood and fish-bones... Then you could randomly determine their aggression, xenophobia, kleptomania, and other social attributes when the tribe is first encountered. If you had the charts worked out in advance then you could determine the culture of a kobold tribe quite quickly as soon as they became relevant...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2012, 07:17:57 am »

So i done mucked up, and forgot about the character limit, so i'm going to have to do a little shuffling until i finish this. After that i'll make a new thread and we can finally begin. I'm actually just about done, though i definitely won't spring this out until after christmas, cause, y'know, people have lives.

The Known Gods, Demons and Forgotten Beasts

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Setting

Creatures:

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2012, 07:28:48 am »

This looks cool. Will be watching.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2012, 01:30:32 pm »

Still watching. :)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2012, 10:10:33 am »

I'm watching you, thread... (backs away slowly)
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2012, 05:43:28 pm »

Just so you guys know, for organizational purposes i will be making a new thread when it's finished.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2012, 03:20:04 am »

This world generation has been a little glitchy. It isn't a bad thing, i end up making up explanations for the little inconsistencies that add more depth. This project is a lot more ambitious than i thought it would be some time ago. The only thing i have left to do though is finish writing up the civilisations, i havn't been updating here quite as much, but it's not a problem because i'll just end up copy-pasting.
Man this world is a dangerous place to grow up. It will be very Fun. Also hopefully fun.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2013, 03:14:49 pm »

I'm posting to more easily find this. It's still in progress.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 03:16:56 pm »

Perhaps you can take all the info and put it in a folder on your computer, that way this can die a normal death.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis
Pages: 1 2 [3]