Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin civ ?!  (Read 5250 times)

Zd05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblin civ ?!
« on: March 18, 2011, 01:12:48 pm »

Hello, i'm sorry for my english, i am french.  :(

I've create a pocket world, and play in adventurer mode, normal for the moment.

But, i'm appear, and...

Wtf ?

It's a bug ?

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin civ ?!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 01:36:41 pm »

Maybe Goblins took over a human settlement...I heard that other races can take over other race's towns..But I'm not quite sure.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 02:50:50 pm »

the odds are that long ago a human civ took over a Goblin settlement,
goblins with there long lives often out live and breed the humans.
even if thay dont do so in world gen is dont matter what your are or where your from all civ members have a shot any role.
look at the tail of Cacame Awemedinade
from a elfnobody to king of the dwarfs in 9 years.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 02:55:58 pm »

This is normal... somehow

And btw did someone notice that place is called The Virginal Hatchet :))
Desu

Zd05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 03:04:29 pm »

If you want the save, i can send you this.  :)

(If you send me a link for hosting.)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 04:13:01 pm »

You can upload saves on the DFFD. This save is of particular interest to me. I've previously posted a bug report that migrants like that don't appear in the towns they are supposed to be in. Actually, could you do me a favor and ask those two about their families, please?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Zd05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 04:50:29 pm »

Done ! : http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3987

Look my epic engraved collector account name.  8)

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 07:58:19 pm »

You can upload saves on the DFFD. This save is of particular interest to me. I've previously posted a bug report that migrants like that don't appear in the towns they are supposed to be in. Actually, could you do me a favor and ask those two about their families, please?
Any time I ever ask an NPC about their family, they don't have any family. Is there something wrong with my games"?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 05:53:18 am »

Thanks! Interesting, the save seems to invalidate my findings. The goblins were not historical figures, and according to the text export, there are humans in the town.

Any time I ever ask an NPC about their family, they don't have any family. Is there something wrong with my games"?
Nah, it just means that the NPCs you've found are not historical figures (they do exist, but can be harder to find) or historical figures elevated from the common population. For the time being, those NPCs have no family to speak of.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 06:28:06 am »

The last world I genned was really interesting, almost every human hamlet had heaps of historical figures... And was terrorised by a demon-king ruling an army of goblins.  So whenever you mentioned family, they'd tell you about someone he'd eaten. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zd05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 01:53:10 pm »

Thanks! Interesting, the save seems to invalidate my findings. The goblins were not historical figures, and according to the text export, there are humans in the town.

Nah, it just means that the NPCs you've found are not historical figures (they do exist, but can be harder to find) or historical figures elevated from the common population. For the time being, those NPCs have no family to speak of.

Thanks for try !