Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 89

Author Topic: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 13  (Read 131082 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 1 Day 1
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 07:10:27 pm »

Jokerman: So, basically, you think Pandar is a hazard to you due to sheer luck?  About how much of your vote was RVS, and how much serious voting?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 07:40:39 pm »

None of it was RVS. I don't do RVS.

And no, I don't think that. Nowhere did I mention "luck" at all. Pandarsenic is easily the most experienced (with the possible exception of Org) and I'd rather just let him know that I'm going after him. He's earned it, after all.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 08:14:51 pm »

And no, I don't think that. Nowhere did I mention "luck" at all. Pandarsenic is easily the most experienced (with the possible exception of Org) and I'd rather just let him know that I'm going after him. He's earned it, after all.

RVS: Okay.
Lack of luck being involved:  Okay, what you just said makes it sound far less like you're annoyed by his luck, and far more like you have a semi-reasonable reason to vote for him, especially in a highly competitive game like this.  However...
Native: I don't know, and that's always the problem. He always chooses the one thing that I never plan for, and it's always a bitch to deal with.
...I don't quite see how this, your sole reason given previously, isn't basically "he has really, really good luck, and/or knows me so well that he knows what kind of role to pick to surprise me".  You say you know what kinds of roles Pandar would choose, and then you say that you have no idea what kind of role he would choose.  I'm quite confused.  Does Pandar know what sort of roles you plan for?  How does he always choose the one thing that you never plan for?  Do you or do you not know what kinds of roles he would choose?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 08:18:24 pm »

Native:  Do you think it is better to pick a pro-scum or pro-town role for this game?

It depends on the person's playstyle. If they have a weak scum game but a strong town game, it would be better for them to pick a role that would help them more as scum. If it's the opposite, I think it would be better for them to pick one that would help them as town. Personally, I prefer a balanced role that helps in either case.

Native: I don't know, and that's always the problem. He always chooses the one thing that I never plan for, and it's always a bitch to deal with.

Now, do you think random voting in a game that's designed to be rapid-fire is a good idea, or do you just not have any suspicions and want to appear active?

Then what are you planning for? How do you plan to deal with it if you're wrong or something doesn't work out?

Yes, I do. It's next to impossible to have any decent suspicions right off the bat. Random voting gets answers and generates suspicions or dispel them. I suspect the reason it occurred to me to vote you was because you voted Pandar because you don't think you'll like his role. Do you have any other reason why you're voting him?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 10:40:20 pm »

Native:  Fair enough.  Unvote.

Jack:  You should keep beating her- don't want her to get uppity.

More seriously, how do you think RVS will be affected by there being a single scum?  What tells do you think will be the most effective?

Bdthemag:  Someone always asks him that.  Since it's not a valid choice, I doubt he is.

Jokerman:  So how would you handle one of the newer players here being scum?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2011, 11:39:21 pm »

More seriously, how do you think RVS will be affected by there being a single scum?  What tells do you think will be the most effective?

RVS effects: I think RVS will go as usual: we'll randomly vote and ask questions, someone will give a slightly less than satisfactory answer, we'll lynch that person, and that person will be a townie.  Odds of hitting scum are lower, especially with lack of interaction between scum.
Tells: Anything based on interactions between scum won't work.  However, I can't really think of any tells that I think would be strengthened by the lack of more than one scum.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2011, 12:53:27 am »

Toaster: No, just no.

Most dangerous scum: Org would be delicious but, well, yeah. I'd say Bdthemag because we don't really know how to read him presently.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2011, 12:55:28 am »

Pandar: Mind answering my question from the start of the day?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2011, 12:58:57 am »

One that has weird effects when targeted (e.g. the Goos) are dangerous; if I recall, webadict won using one last game.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 09:33:41 am »

Toaster- Why do you think Pandar is the Alien Exterminator?

Org-What do you think the most helpful role would be for the Pro-Town side?

Unvote Jack.

Hmm, probably some redirecting roles.

Bdthemag
, why so intent on trying to find out my possible role?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 1 Night 0
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 09:56:11 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Pandarsenic - Jokerman-EXE,
Org -
Jack A T -
Toaster - Bdthemag,
NativeForeigner -
Jokerman-EXE - NativeForeigner,
Bdthemag - Org,

Not Voting - Pandarsenic, Jack A T, Toaster,

4 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2011, 11:13:25 am »

Unvote Toaster
Org- Because im trying to predict how this game will turn out with the various roles in play.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2011, 11:35:16 am »

Watching.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2011, 01:37:44 pm »

RVS: Okay.
Lack of luck being involved:  Okay, what you just said makes it sound far less like you're annoyed by his luck, and far more like you have a semi-reasonable reason to vote for him, especially in a highly competitive game like this.  However...
...I don't quite see how this, your sole reason given previously, isn't basically "he has really, really good luck, and/or knows me so well that he knows what kind of role to pick to surprise me".  You say you know what kinds of roles Pandar would choose, and then you say that you have no idea what kind of role he would choose.  I'm quite confused.  Does Pandar know what sort of roles you plan for?  How does he always choose the one thing that you never plan for?  Do you or do you not know what kinds of roles he would choose?

*sigh*

Okay, if you don't know the connections:
NativeForeigner and I are roommates.
Pandarsenic and I have been friends for about...four years now, long before I ever joined B12.
SirBayer, who's not in this game but is sometimes about, has also been our friend for about the same amount of time.

So, to answer your question: no, I don't know what role he would pick. That's because he knows me about as well as I know him, and he knows how to pick that awful dick of a role that just happens to be the one I'm not expecting. How is that possible, you ask? Because every time I identify a role that I think he's likely to have, he picks a different one. I don't think it's that complicated.

Native: Not really planning for anything this game, because I don't really know what to expect. King of the Mafia is a very interesting setup and since I don't know what to think, I figure the more experienced players are the ones to look out for; the newer players will be having just as much trouble as me, if not more.

Nah, not really. And I don't really have a problem with RVS this game; I feel like if we make it through multiple rounds that's going to be the only way to really get the conversation flowing every day - this might be the only game where I can say I support it. Just thought I'd ask your opinion.

Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2011, 01:52:07 pm »

Fair enough. Unvote Jokerman.

PFP
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 89