Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 89

Author Topic: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 13  (Read 131088 times)

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 5 Day 1
« Reply #450 on: April 14, 2011, 07:43:45 am »

Azure Sep is entirely too eager to go "I'm relentlessly self-serving, but I'm relentlessly self-serving town!" I'm not sure how much I'm willing to let that slide; sooner or later it's going to be a problem for us.

Like anyone else in this game is any different, regardless of what they say. Town does not win in this; it only delays until someone screws it over better than anyone else could, and no one else is going to win it for me. I'm going to help where I can, but don't think I'm gonna strive to make things more difficult for the King when I may myself become scum. If you expect any more from me or anyone else, then you're daft.

Anyway, it seems Panda is back proper-style, so I'm gonna go ahead with my main FoS. Joshua, if you wanna say anything to try and change my mind before I hammer, best do it today if you can.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 14, 2011, 07:46:40 am »

Azure:  Let's say Josh hangs and flips town.  Do you plan to eat someone in the night?  You shouldn't, because with Darvi still around you don't really have control of whom you eat.  You should just hold fire and let it go to D2.  I'm not killing.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 14, 2011, 07:49:11 am »

Yeah if you're letting me live then killing is unwise. But uhm, doesn't AS have no control over his abilities? I still don't understand that.

oh, and vote whoever I'm voting.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 14, 2011, 07:54:41 am »

He can't always control which of them he uses.  I think he said anything without a target won't change to something with a target.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 14, 2011, 08:30:53 am »

Azure:  Let's say Josh hangs and flips town.  Do you plan to eat someone in the night?  You shouldn't, because with Darvi still around you don't really have control of whom you eat.  You should just hold fire and let it go to D2.  I'm not killing.

Neither am I. It would be insane to do so. I want more abilities, yes, but I don't want to risk losing in acquiring them.

Yeah if you're letting me live then killing is unwise. But uhm, doesn't AS have no control over his abilities? I still don't understand that.

I think I understand how it works now. It's entirely down to my target, and how/if my abilities affect those targets.

If my target is no one, then it doesn't matter what random ability my confusion selects - nothing will happen.
If I target myself (for instance, in order to transform), I will most likely simply transform, as I do not believe it is actually possible to commit suicide.
If I target someone other than myself, then I would only be able to consume them, as transform is an ability that can only be used on the person using it.

However, your Anarchist ability mixes things up, Darvi. For instance, let's say I try to transform myself tonight, and your ability forces me onto someone else. I would no longer be able to use transform as the target is invalid for that ability, and as a result would be forced to consume them. Similarly, if I attempt to consume someone and am forced back onto myself, I can only transform (assuming Anarchist can force you to target yourself; if not, then I would only be able to consume people). However, if I do nothing in the night, I cannot possibly target myself or anyone else, as there is no one for me to switch from.

Regardless, the point I'm getting across is that I cannot risk doing anything at all tonight. Toaster can, since he doesn't have 'confused' and as such can inspect or block with impunity, but I am pretty impotent at the moment.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 14, 2011, 09:05:33 am »

Hmm I think transforming is unaffected though. Only targets get randomized and you can hardly transform somebody else. Or could you?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 14, 2011, 09:17:12 am »

Azure:  You should probably ask Web to clarify that (in PM- knowing Web, he won't answer in thread.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 5 Night 0
« Reply #457 on: April 14, 2011, 12:06:34 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------

Azure Sepulchre -
Darvi - JoshuaFH,
Pandarsenic - Toaster,
Toaster -
JoshuaFH - Darvi, Pandarsenic,

Not Voting - Azure Sepulchre,

3 To Hammer. Day Ends Thursday 9 PM Central.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 14, 2011, 02:51:30 pm »

...eh. No answer. And I'm not gonna be on this site for the rest of today.

...bleh. Welp, here goes. JoshuaFH.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 14, 2011, 02:52:35 pm »

Well here's hoping we wre right...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 14, 2011, 02:53:55 pm »

I wish I felt more certain than I do.

See you all in the morning....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 14, 2011, 02:54:38 pm »

Or maybe not...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 14, 2011, 06:02:29 pm »

...eh. No answer. And I'm not gonna be on this site for the rest of today.

...bleh. Welp, here goes. JoshuaFH.

I did say I was going to be gone for quite some time yesterday. In fact, now that I'm at school again, I can't be on any earlier than 6'o clock.

Oh well, good game guys. I only regret finding out too late that conditional votes are null, and Pandar singlehandedly turning the game around by jumping in at the last second with his game changing attack on me. With the Darvi lynch getting less and less likely, my chances of victory were effectively eliminated. Atleast, I enjoyed being King Mafia.

I was really close to victory too. See you all next round.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 14, 2011, 10:47:39 pm »

OHGODOHGODOHGOD

I SAVED US

I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG

"KNEW"

<_<

VERY well-played, Josh. Even I wasn't certain of my attack on you beyond a feeling of wrongness, though things like this are why I generally trust my intuition.

Whew.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 5 Night 0
« Reply #464 on: April 14, 2011, 11:32:53 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Azure Sepulchre -
Darvi - JoshuaFH,
Pandarsenic - Toaster,
Toaster -
JoshuaFH - Darvi, Pandarsenic, Azure Sepulchre,

Not Voting -

3 To Hammer. Day Ends Thursday 9 PM Central.

JoshuaFH has been lynched!

Joshua was a Grey Goo and KING MAFIA!

That means Round 5 ends and Round 6 begins with:

Vote Count
------------------------
Ottofar -
NativeForeigner -
Org -
Pandarsenic -
Toaster -
Azure Sepulchre -
Darvi -

It is now Night. If you haven't received your role, you will shortly. Send in !none if you do not wish to action, even if you have no Night action. Thank you for cooperating.

Grey Goo - JoshuaFH
You can target a player to turn them into more Grey Goo. Their team doesn't change. Actions: infect
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 89