Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 89

Author Topic: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 13  (Read 131099 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 7 Day 1
« Reply #630 on: May 05, 2011, 09:41:24 pm »

Alright Native, it's time for me to get mildly perturbed towards you:

Any "Oh, my position is indefensible, and so I just blame the world for hating me" is BS, you could have defended yourself if you invested more thought into it. There is one detail you overlooked, that I want you to remember, that could have possibly of countered mine, given enough personal charisma: the fact that King Mafia simply can't win as long as a there is a paranoid gun owner/suicide bomber in existence. When left at one town and King Mafia, KM will lose because he simply cannot kill the last townie. I think that if you had invested more effort into the scumhunt, you might have rallied enough support to avoid being thought of as KM.

Anyway, Azure, question: Now what is the exact name, abilities, and actions available to you? Are you still confused? Are you still a goo? I want to get everything straight.

You mean like I did here? Yeah, keep picking up your pieces, scumbucket. The reason I didn't push it further was because there was still a chance that I could have been king, but none of your inspects would have been able to figure that out without getting killed.

Why did you not mention this earlier? This is great Azure, now I can trust you to protect me.

Which you should do, because if the mafia can't kill me, then they can't kill period, as I'll always be able to find them out if they do. Even if you're the one that's KM, then you can't kill me, because that would basically be giving up at that point.

This means the town can buy themselves any number of days to figure out who's mafia. If you had mentioned this earlier, then I wouldn't have suggested to kill Native, because we could have kept going from day to day, just having Toaster and Joker investigating each person with no loss.

Right, now you're just trying to make it seem like what you did was a last resort rather than a first one.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 05, 2011, 11:03:26 pm »

That's what I'm talking about Native, why didn't you do this while you were alive?

Btw, me suggesting to lynch you? It WAS a last resort, I thought that was pretty obvious. We were almost to the end of the day before the first extension, and there was almost no activity, and so I thought "God, who would be the best lynch? I'm the ONLY ONE VOTING!" and I came up with my plan, and my suggestion just snowballed from there.

Also, with Azure protecting me now, Joker is free to inspect me tonight. Completely safe now, because the mafia can't do anything with that combo going on.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 05, 2011, 11:16:31 pm »

That's what I'm talking about Native, why didn't you do this while you were alive?

Btw, me suggesting to lynch you? It WAS a last resort, I thought that was pretty obvious. We were almost to the end of the day before the first extension, and there was almost no activity, and so I thought "God, who would be the best lynch? I'm the ONLY ONE VOTING!" and I came up with my plan, and my suggestion just snowballed from there.

Also, with Azure protecting me now, Joker is free to inspect me tonight. Completely safe now, because the mafia can't do anything with that combo going on.

Because, honestly, I didn't get the chance to really look things through until it was already too late.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 05, 2011, 11:27:54 pm »

Well, then, you have my apologies.

Or, you could blame Azure for keeping quiet about his role change for some perceptibly selfish reason. Not saying you should, just throwing it out there.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 06, 2011, 12:24:14 am »

Yup, pretty much the selfish reason gig going on here. If I ever became King Mafia, I could've claimed I 'screwed up' my protect on you, Josh, and maybe played off an immediate lynch. It also made me seem at least threat enough to the townsfolk for the King Mafia to want to keep me alive (particularly when it was possible for me to turn someone into goo).

Although, being fair, I was going to continue protecting you anyway, Josh, even if I'd said nothing. But then, like I said, I thought about what might happen if Toaster tracked me when I'd promised not to visit you tonight. Wasn't a situation I wanted to be involved in. >.>

Sooo... yeah. I'm useless now in terms of being a contender, so I may as well just soak up as many hits as I can for town and rejoin as something superior.

Also, you're safe up until the KM is someone with a day-kill ability or you are. This can't work consistently, but it'll do for now.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 06, 2011, 12:42:33 am »

That's quite valorous of you Azure. Though I think you might have missed the part where Toaster is obligated to auto-track whomever he daycops, which would be Joker in this case.

I wonder if KM will actually kill you though? It's not a wise choice, from a rational, playing-to-win perspective. Killing you would enable me to autopsy-find them, and insta-win the round, but if they let you live, and just give themselves up to the machinations of my plan, then you can pass to the next, where you present the exact same dilemma to the next KM. This is useful to the current KM, if only because he can rest assured that the future KM is going to have a hell of a time figuring out a way around it, and he'll most likely die in the attempt.

And really, I don't think any KM wants to sacrifice themselves for the betterment of their future competition. It's quite the paradox, is it not? I'm practically giddy with how things have turned out.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 06, 2011, 01:08:14 am »

Though I think you might have missed the part where Toaster is obligated to auto-track whomever he daycops, which would be Joker in this case.

I...

Gah.

And really, I don't think any KM wants to sacrifice themselves for the betterment of their future competition. It's quite the paradox, is it not? I'm practically giddy with how things have turned out.

Eh. A stalemate like this will make the game stagnant, in which case no one will win. Both maf and town are to be forced to think about the broader picture in this scenario, which will revolve almost entirely around getting rid of you. I, on the other hand, have no reason to get rid of you. I'd be quite happy to die at this stage and have the opportunity to acquire another role - the easiest way to do this perhaps being to get in the way of anyone who wants to kill you. Which may very well be everyone or no one, depending on what each player wants to get out of this game.

Anyways, unvote. Assuming I still can - and, if so, just in case.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 06, 2011, 07:32:29 am »

The logical choice for people joining the game now would be to pick either day kills, protection-bypassing kills, or role-changers such as Grey Goo.  Townies can never win, so it is in everyone's best (though not immediate!) interest to break the stalemate.

I'm 99% sure Native was hammered, so I will assume such until told otherwise by Web.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 06, 2011, 10:56:40 am »

Thinking about it, I'm going to have to agree.

Some good roles to break the stalemate, just off the top of my head:

Nightmare (bypasses protection, a one-shot kill that can be used anytime)

Poisoner

Arsonist

and really, any daykill role which would allow him to kill Azure, and then kill me upon getting out of N0, before I have a chance to autopsy.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 7 Night 0
« Reply #639 on: May 06, 2011, 06:41:38 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Ottofar -
NativeForeigner - Pandarsenic, Azure Sepulchre, Toaster, JoshuaFH,
JoshuaFH - NativeForeigner,
Azure Sepulchre -
Pandarsenic -
Jokerman-EXE - Ottofar,
Toaster -

Not Voting - Jokerman-EXE,

4 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9PM Central.

NativeForeigner has been lynched!

NativeForeigner was an Ascetic Paranoid Gun Owner (Town).

It is now Night. Please send in a !none if you do not wish to action, and it's nice if you don't have an action.

Ascetic Paranoid Gun Owner - NativeForeigner
You are immune to non-kill actions. If you are the target of an action, you will kill the player who targeted you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 7 Night 0
« Reply #640 on: May 10, 2011, 11:56:24 am »

No one has died!

Vote Count
------------------------
Ottofar -
JoshuaFH -
Azure Sepulchre -
Pandarsenic -
Jokerman-EXE -
Toaster -

Not Voting - Jokerman-EXE, Pandarsenic, Azure Sepulchre, Toaster, JoshuaFH, Ottofar,

3 To Hammer. Day Ends Thursday 9PM Central.

It is now Day.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 7 Day 2
« Reply #641 on: May 10, 2011, 12:31:55 pm »

Jokerman, what'd you find out last night?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 10, 2011, 08:14:03 pm »

I picked up the Shuffle ability from the death of Native, apparently. Not sure what it does so I just held it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 11, 2011, 06:12:45 am »

Quote from: Xylbot's List
Shuffler (town, survivor, mafia; uncommon; 4+ players): You may shuffle the setup, exchanging two random players' roles. You don't know whose roles were exchanged. Actions: shuffle

There ya go. Seems pretty groovy.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 11, 2011, 02:32:23 pm »

I found out that we either have two Drs. Jekyll, or someone made me get the same result twice. Thoughts?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 89