Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: possible challenges to create?  (Read 1224 times)

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
possible challenges to create?
« on: March 19, 2011, 06:27:22 am »

Just wondering what challenges people have created for their adventures.
this ones probably been done but ill post it anyway
a series of rooms, each with cages linked to levers that open to the next room. massive treasure stockpile at the end. starts of small, moves on to dragons, hordes of cave spifders, etc...
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: possible challenges to create?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 02:08:13 pm »

"2 weeks of Fortitude"
you need DFMODE and maybe Dfusion for storage and selecting the adventurer. and Taskmastermanager

the challenge is to expand and last as long in Fort mode using DFMODE(from an adventure swap over then save while on the embark site for fort mode over use Dfusion and make a character adventurer either by the adv_tools pointer or the list in the tools folder), which grants you the ability to swap over to adventure mode and leave the fort while placing you on a timer which roughly gives you about either 2 weeks in game or less you will know when the game freezes and says it's crumble or abandoned aka "The Abandoning"(which is where Task manager or a kill command comes in handy) to survive the Abandoning the known solution is to swap over to adventure mode and wait out the timer which might be used as a excuse to collect night creature loot, sell the crafts to the store, do quests. while the challenge is to expand the FUN Comes either Losing to the timer or losing in the long run from taking a Companion from the fort with you and end up losing them in a raid.
oh one more thing before you leave the site make sure to reapply the perma swap on the person you want to play as or you might end up getting swap to a different body when you travel.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: possible challenges to create?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 01:58:45 pm »

I made an adventure mode dungeon some time ago, you can play it if you like.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=71646.msg1749077#msg1749077

It was made in 31.18 but I think it's compatible with newer versions.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01