Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: You have found..  (Read 142441 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: You have found..
« Reply #240 on: December 09, 2014, 10:01:34 pm »

This is no longer going well. Many demons are dead, but so is nearly my entire army. There were more than I thought. The remaining soldiers are holding out in the final room between the demonic horde and my base. They fight valiantly, and are a credit to their kind, but it is inevitable. They requested I lock them in, so give my masons time to erect a wall, sealing the way shut. Never Forget what happened here today.

Never Forget.

"it is inevitable"

foreshadowing... hmmm
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 10, 2014, 01:52:49 pm »

I feel like that should be the first line in a 'how to play DF' guide.

"Losing is fun, and also inevitable.''
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 10, 2014, 01:54:48 pm »

Are the structures still around? I've heard they were removed, AKA the worst thing ever.

If so, petition to have them added back in!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Firearrow15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 13, 2014, 12:13:03 am »

I first found this thread a few days ago on the front page. I read through the first page of the thread and shrugge it off as another noob looking for help (hey, just like me!) but I didn't notice the date. I actually found it earlier today when I was browsing the hall of legends and recognized the name.

Just want to say: FAN-DANGLING-TASTIC

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2014, 07:48:22 am »

Wise fwum your gwave! If 20 days is a necro(I'm still new to foruming ok?)

But seriously this thread and the tvtropes succession games make me want to download it and actually play some DF. Wish me luck and hope the steam sale doesn't keep me away from DF again.those savings...
This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2014, 07:57:19 am »

The stories people tell is a great leverage to play DF :P Beautiful works of aesthetic art and literature they are.

If you see the:

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Then that is generally necro'ing.
Welcome to the Bay12 forums there, shroo! (Nice work mimicking a bot :P)

Also Happy New Year (soon) to you all!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:00:36 am by Tiruin »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 28, 2014, 09:24:50 am »

I didn't know these were removed! They should definitely be put back in they're so cool and as said, fit df perfectly.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 28, 2014, 10:53:57 am »

If you see the:

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Then that is generally necro'ing.
Ah, thanks for the tip.
(Nice work mimicking a bot :P)
Beep boop that wasn't on purpose beep :P
This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 28, 2014, 04:17:15 pm »

I have yet to breach hell, but this is too awesome. It also appears to have more than one twentieth of a million views. Considering the sheer craziness of the story, I think it's safe to say that it was inevitable.
I wonder what happens if you breach hell, let the magma sea flow into it, and then try to breach it again from an adjacent embark. Should be interesting.

At any rate, here's hoping the structures are added back in at some point.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 04:20:15 pm by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Owsumpawz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2015, 01:31:27 am »

WOO! My first post is a necro! I've never played Dwarf Fortress before, but now I really want to. The only problem with that is that I don't think my laptop could handle the world generation. Regardless, this is a story for the ages, and I'm glad its in the Hall of Legends.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:33:14 am by Owsumpawz »

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 18, 2015, 02:36:54 am »

Believe me, my laptop, which lags when dealing with GIFs, can handle world generation, at least if I make a pocket world. It even runs the full arena with 200 creatures fighting all at once, so you should definitely be capable of having a 1x1 format fort in a pocket world. Just avoid the more ambitious megaprojects (stuff with lots of fluids) and you should be fine.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Linkxsc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 18, 2015, 02:28:08 pm »

WOO! My first post is a necro! I've never played Dwarf Fortress before, but now I really want to. The only problem with that is that I don't think my laptop could handle the world generation. Regardless, this is a story for the ages, and I'm glad its in the Hall of Legends.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

World gen can be a bit of a strain, but not impossible. My biggest laptop problem is embark size, and the "3d" view included with more recent LNP.
For world gen go with a small world with a short history. You can do large worlds, but you might as well start worldgen, and go grab lunch or something.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 17, 2016, 10:16:52 pm »

Rise.. Rise once more and spread your gloryyyy! 

Over 63,000 views. And a mention on Dwarf Fortress TVTropes. I never asked for this, but damn if I didn't enjoy it. Years later, and DF is still one of my favorite, and probably most merciless, game. I love you guys. <3
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 17, 2016, 10:33:08 pm »

I think more games should do things like this. Have a strange 'reward' for going so far and to such extremes. Like opening a path to hell for taking your sword.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 17, 2016, 11:07:55 pm »

Rise.. Rise once more and spread your gloryyyy! 

Over 63,000 views. And a mention on Dwarf Fortress TVTropes. I never asked for this, but damn if I didn't enjoy it. Years later, and DF is still one of my favorite, and probably most merciless, game. I love you guys. <3
Huzzah for you and your writing skills :3 I've still loved reading the stories ever since I joined this forum (wow I feel old. 3+ years!).

Currently though, it seems that there's a lack of *that special something* given the most recent versions! I wonder what Toady will bring in though.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18