Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tileset  (Read 1721 times)

X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tileset
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 09:33:00 pm »

Lots of ace tiles. Zombie swordmaster's weapon is great, all the baby-versions of things are supa cute.

X

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 05:23:00 pm »

i've made an edit in my own version, but i gotta tell you that you've got the tentacle demon wrong.  its not like the squid demon from the recent (and effing-awesome) ThreeToe story.

anyway, based on some awesome crayon art (and coroberated by the RAWs) the tentacle demon should be a regular humanoid (2 arms, 2 legs) with the addition of four extra tentacles.  in Toady's version, the tentacles came out from the back in an x-shape, kinda like Doctor Octapus.

DR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 06:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by puke:
<STRONG>i've made an edit in my own version, but i gotta tell you that you've got the tentacle demon wrong.  its not like the squid demon from the recent (and effing-awesome) ThreeToe story.

anyway, based on some awesome crayon art (and coroberated by the RAWs) the tentacle demon should be a regular humanoid (2 arms, 2 legs) with the addition of four extra tentacles.  in Toady's version, the tentacles came out from the back in an x-shape, kinda like Doctor Octapus.</STRONG>

Awww... I really liked that tile.

[ August 06, 2007: Message edited by: DR ]

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 07:29:00 am »

Too bad i can't use it because i use 1024X768   :(
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

N0ught

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 12:15:00 pm »

quote:
Too bad i can't use it because i use 1024X768  :(

I use 1024x768 too - it doesn't fit the screen in windowed mode, but in fullscreen mode it works great! Give it a try in fullscreen mode.

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 03:35:00 pm »

Awesome, as always. I've gotten quite used to your tileset, so it'll be kind of strange to go back to pure ASCII mode when the new version is released.

By the way, some time ago I made an Elven Master Lasher by having her train with a whip she bought somewhere along the way. There doesn't seem to be any graphic tile for that (she was still displayed as a wrestler), but since that's a REALLY exotic occurance I'm not sure if you're going to bother with fixing that.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 05:09:00 pm »

How is the DF GFX engine is working exactly? Why can't we have bigger sprites? These are tiny..

DR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 05:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gimmick Account:
<STRONG>Awesome, as always. I've gotten quite used to your tileset, so it'll be kind of strange to go back to pure ASCII mode when the new version is released.

By the way, some time ago I made an Elven Master Lasher by having her train with a whip she bought somewhere along the way. There doesn't seem to be any graphic tile for that (she was still displayed as a wrestler), but since that's a REALLY exotic occurance I'm not sure if you're going to bother with fixing that.</STRONG>

I did a test for this ages ago, and I seem to remember that even if an adventurer gets a non-racial primary skill like yours did, their sprite doesn't change. I may be wrong, but I think that's how it is. I'll do another test at some point.

Zaratustra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://zarat.us/
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 08:49:00 pm »

Pity DeepQantas didn't work any further on their version. It was looking cool.
Pages: 1 [2]