Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Random Creature Generator  (Read 51036 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Creature Generator
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2011, 11:26:23 pm »

I was looking at this thread, snad i think i can't wait for when Hat finishes this. also, i tried the dragonoid generator, but when it asks me to push a button, it just closes when i comply.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It just requires one button press, creates the creature and puts it in a text file, and closes itself. look for creature_dragonoid.txt in the same folder as it.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2011, 11:50:23 pm »

Tab alignment, tho useful, is not exactly what I meant. Neither is well-formed, legal tags that don't make the creatures spit out gouts of extra body parts , tho that is obviously very important as well.

What I meant is there is a difference between a creature that you COULD make, and a creature that will survive more than 4 years of worldgen.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 28, 2011, 01:52:03 pm »

oh. Well that would also be fairly easy. But I don't think creatures can go extinct during world gen though. Breeding isn't a problem for harpies being all female and elephants don't starve despite having a stomach a smaller than it needs to be, until tamed. What are you thinking would actually kill them off without putting them in an entity?

And where is girlinhat!? You haven't forgotten about this wonderful project, have you?  :(
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 03, 2011, 04:27:38 pm »

More DATA!

Changing the contact percentage token of an attack also has a serious effect. Smaller values applies the same force more directly, resulting in greater damage. This may also be changed around wildly for humorously difficult to guess combat. Now WHERE ARE YOU GIRLINHAT!?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2011, 02:05:36 pm »

I've seen you there, girlinhat.  Any updates or have you given up on this fine idea?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 02, 2011, 02:11:28 pm »

Where are antlers!? We MUST have antlers!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 02, 2011, 02:20:33 pm »

Sorry what?  I've been staring at this fabulous boulder for the past month.

Oh right, this thing.  Now, where was I...

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 02, 2011, 02:42:03 pm »

Sorry what?  I've been staring at this fabulous boulder for the past month.

Oh right, this thing.  Now, where was I...
At least you haven't gone berserk, or melancholy, or stark-raving-mad for lack of required materials for this. ;)  Oh, and don't forget to get a good bit of your preferred drink before diving back into it. :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 02, 2011, 02:53:11 pm »

Girlinhat mutters "RCG needs bones... yes..."
Girlinhat mutters "RCG needs a shell..."
Girlinhat mutters "RCG needs bones... yes..."
Girlinhat mutters "RCG needs cloth... string..."
Girlinhat mutters "RCG needs a shell..."
Girlinhat mutters "RCG needs a corpse..."

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 19, 2011, 07:03:40 pm »

I know how to write a really basic name generator.
It has only one goal, to make it pronouncible.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now the same thing may be done for consonants just do consonant-vowel-consonant vowel and so on (length works well randomly chosen above 5) and you will have a perfectly pronounceable name.

EliProphet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 19, 2011, 11:37:03 pm »

do you have tentacle arms yet? they could be like arms where they are 2 or 4 and can end in claws or just tentacle which would be the same as hand.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 21, 2011, 11:35:38 pm »

Sorry for the necro, but I had pretty much the same idea and I found this while searching to make sure someone hadn't already done it. It's good to see there is interest in it, despite the problem of "gray goo".

Anyway, I just wanted to know if you are still planning on finishing this project, and what its current development status is if you are.

If you do plan on finishing it eventually, I wish you luck, and offer whatever meager assistance I can provide.

If you've abandoned the idea, I'd like to give it a shot. I've been toying with the idea for a while now, and I think it would be a fun and educational challenge. I'll admit that my limited knowledge of editing creature raws would probably be a significant obstacle, but I'd like to attempt it nonetheless.

Either way, I think a random creature generator is a great idea and shouldn't be allowed to die.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 22, 2011, 12:10:09 am »

Fine, I'll poke the old thing...  My problem is that I try to make something finished totally.  I do bad in making an incomplete release.  "Just need to add this last daunting task!"  I think I'm gonna strip down everything and make a very basic generator to start with.  Biomes and tissue thickness be damned.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]