Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Deepdungeons (succesion fort/community game)  (Read 7423 times)

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deepdungeons (succesion fort/community game)
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2011, 10:04:54 am »

An interesting observation - The bridge at the entrance? It's a retracting bridge.... not a drawbridge.

Happens when making bridges in a hurry sometimes in forgetting to set the lifting direction. Unless it was intentional, of course.

Quite. This was discovered, however, when there were three goblin ambushes at the gates. I'll be finishing up my turn after work today.

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2011, 11:10:16 am »

Whoops...

Saldric

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2011, 12:29:36 pm »

May i get a dorf please.

Name - Saldric
Military Dwarf
Non Military Profession - Furnace Operator/Hauler
Military Profession - Hammerdwarf and if it hasn't already been taken i would love to be the Militia Commander or the Sheriff (Commander Preferably)

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2011, 03:28:21 pm »

I was thinking we should have a moat of some kind, however I did not have time to construct it. However, I did not intend to make it a retracting bridge.

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2011, 05:18:28 pm »

could i take a turn?
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2011, 02:37:18 am »

if youve built it over flat ground then itll have to be ripped up anyways just to get rid of the floor tiles under it.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2011, 08:24:46 pm »

16th Felsite

Elven caravan arrived.

20th Felsite
We traded one single bracelet for everything we wanted off of their carts. Several bins of cloth, seeds, flour, bags of various types and even a Giant Leopard. Our broker also spotted an excellent opportunity; while a barrel of Golden Salve goes for a little over one thousand dwarfbucks, it's made from only a few leaves that these elves were only selling for fifty!

25th Felsite

We have many seeds gathered from the plantlife surrounding us, and farmers looking for work. I've ordered a pair of small above-ground fields set to be planted.

25th Malachite

More migrants. Eight more.

13th Galena

Some hunch made me carry out a safety drill this day, and I find that it was a well-worthwhile act. It seems that the gate to the castle had been constructed not so that it would rise up and seal any attackers outside, but rather politely offer them a clear path inwards. I've given orders that it be deconstructed, and a pair of stout doors installed for the interim.

17th Galena

Goblins outside the front gate! Archers, all of them. There was not time enough to complete the construction of the new drawbridge, so we've fortified the gates and set a watch nearby. It's lucky that these are only goblins, without their massive troll companions.

For the meantime, we are safe inside and construction on the Project continues. Several dwarves have been drafted into a militia, lead by a skilled Hammerdwarf named Saldric Endokzz.

17th Galena - Continued

And now a human caravan approaches from the north!

20th Galena

Joyous days. A second goblin ambush sprung out, one of pikes and speargoblins.

27th Galena

The caravan guards took care of a single bowgoblin before the freshly-arrived ambush slaughtered them. Kib Mesirdoren, perhaps affected by this sight, began screaming as if one possessed and threw our bonecarvers out of their workshop.

5th Limestone

Kib's construction has finished, a single shale earring he's called 'Akmeshiseth', or Tempestquests. Shale, encircled with shale, and menacing with spikes of macaque bone. Oddly, the deity of rain and trees is depicted as a thoughtful male bat on the piece.

5th Standstone

A cry arose from one of the watchtowers, a ragged band of migrants had been spotted to the south! It was nerve-wracking holding the gates open long enough for all of them to make it inside, but we did it.

5th Timber

The lingering goblins have decided to leave. ... The liaison from the mountainhomes has also decided to make an appearance at this point in time. We've opened the main gates and are not working on gathering the... remains from the human caravan.

20th Timber

I am not proud of myself, but it had to be done. This day I led a squad of axedwarves up to... take care of the human that has been threatening this fortress from the beginning. His remains cover three levels of the tower, a hand here, a foot there; his axe and shield scattered on the stairs.

23rd Timber

In our meeting with the liaison, I made it plain that we required metals to adorn the Project with. Precious metals, along with steel and flux to protect ourselves against further ambushes. He seemed less then attentive, and I could but grit my teeth in silence.

The caravan, too, stunned me with both their paltry offerings and the demand for nearly 100% profit! (Seriously, I've never seen a trader this greedy. Demanding 18k profit on an 18k trade, and adding more to their demands when I try to trade for additional items to lower the balance.)

27th Timber

Just as we were nearly complete on the new drawbridge, another bowgoblin ambush was spotted on the hill besides the castle wall.

19th Opal

The liaison and the caravan both showed signs of needing to leave, so we sent our squad rolling out the gate to take on this ambush. While we survived and they did out, it appears that the liaison took an arrow to the arm and immediately went berserk. So enraged was he, that he forgot the cage traps that currently adorn the inside of our gatehouse. I do not know what to do with the cage right now...

Fortress Wealth

Walled-off Mine Entrance

Mine Tunnel

First level of the dungeon

Check here for the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4075
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:30:01 pm by Magentawolf »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2011, 08:41:05 pm »

Hey, can I still sign up for a spot as overseer?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2011, 03:51:06 pm »

Downloading the save. I should be posting an update later today
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2011, 04:00:58 pm »

Hey, can I still sign up for a spot as overseer?

Sure.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2011, 04:32:13 pm »

Yah.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2011, 05:05:48 pm »

USEC_OFFICER, do you want me to dorf you, and, if so, as what?

Also, Saldric has been dorfed as the Sheriff.

Small teaser while I don't get the update ready:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2011, 05:31:19 pm »

USEC_OFFICER, do you want me to dorf you, and, if so, as what?

A engineer, please.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2011, 05:46:00 pm »

Spring update. two ambushes, elfs came, smoothing of first level of the Project is nearly done. Second level already dug out.

The Journal of Deathsword

This journal’s cover is stained with blood and other animal fluids.

Spring
So, apparently, I’ve been nominated overseer of Deepdungeons. No bloody idea why, and I don’t think the liason is capable of explaining. Magentawolf, once I managed to find him, simply said that it was my problem now. Bloody bastard.

Anyway, the situation of the fort is the following: We have twenty-five chicken clucking about, crapping on everything, making a blasted mess.  Time to butcher them all

Meanwhile, I’ve given the miners orders to keep expanding the Project.
Saldric is now our sheriff. Also, I’ve set orders for every single weapon or armor in the field to be brought to newly-designated stockpiles.

A horde of rhesus macaques has been spotted, I’ve dispatched the military to deal with them, get some training out of it too.
Migrants, wonderful. Twenty-two able-bodied dwarves in total. Our population is now at 73.

One of our weaponsmiths has been possessed and claimed a forge. I have heard of such things and the legendary artifacts (useful or not) that they provide.

Well, that was a nice one.

AN AMBUSH! CURSE THEM!
An ambush of four goblin lashers no less. And one crossbowman. The brave hunter who discovered them decided to stand his ground and shoot the goblins. The military has been dispatched to assist him. Apparently that wasn’t needed. All but one of the goblins has fallen uncounscious, struck by his bolts. Unfortunately he was wounded and incapacitated himself. A tomb will be prepared for him, should he die. His sacrifice shall not be forgotten.

One of the goblins escaped. Good, let him spread the word of our might.
A goblin snatcher has been captured by our cage traps. He will be sent to the Project.
Another snatcher and a badger have been captured. Two more to the project.

Those filthy hippies are here. I’ll order our broker to confiscate their goods, and once they are packing up, the soldier shall kill the lot of them. Good training, too.

An ambush at the gates! Good thing I had stationed our soldiers there to scare off some badgers.

The ambush was defeated, but one of our brave warriors has been wounded
One of our axedwarves has given birth to a girl. Time for a party.

It seems the hippies have suffered a tragic accident. How unfortunate.

I’ve also noticed that the hospital seems to be getting full, more beds have been placed there.

EDIT: forgot to put spoiler tag in one picture
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 05:49:24 pm by Deathsword »

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2011, 07:50:43 pm »

So hows Zech doing?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8