Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Deepdungeons (succesion fort/community game)  (Read 7401 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Deepdungeons (succesion fort/community game)
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2011, 08:25:02 pm »

So hows Zech doing?

Pretty well, since he's in a squad of his own.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2011, 04:17:54 am »

-whistles and watches-
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2011, 03:54:42 pm »

sorry about the lack of updates, but I am having very little free time. It should be done either tomorrow or saturday
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2011, 04:11:35 pm »

Hey, you guys think I could sign up for another turn? I didn't actually get to do much.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2011, 05:18:56 pm »

Feel free. I'd probably sign up for a second one, too.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2011, 05:34:06 pm »

Summer was pretty boring, until the end, when 3 or 4 ambushes appeared at the same time, right outside the gates.

Summer

Former Overseer Zech sent a dwarf to tell me there’s a baby crawling around outside the fort. No idea why.

It seems the lord of the castle decided to rebel, once he fully grasped the consequences of the Project. It seems, however, that he has suffered a tragic accident.

Apparently, our axedwarf has been screaming constantly that she needs to find her baby, but is unable to do so due to injury. The screaming is starting to become bothersome.

Every now and then I see the baby crawling outside of the fort, trying to reach somewhere north of our fortifications, but halfway there she gets thirsty and crawls back. Over and over. Mother keeps screaming, as always.

I’ve been thinking, and I believe that the Project should have a more imposing entrance. But chances are that such entrance will only be constructed much later.

The Axedwarf mother keeps screaming. I wonder if that might keep the goblins away.

On other news, the chicken menace has been defeated. The feathery fiends now fill our stomachs.

Apparently, the hunter that sustained major injuries  while defeating a goblin ambush has become the mayor. No mandates so far, maybe because he’s in the hospital.

Our animals are trying to kill each other. Not that it matters, I’ve been butchering them all, anyway.

More migrants. Eight of them, bringing our population to 82.

The screams of our incapacitated axedwarf have been so annoying that no one even cares to bring her food or water. Not my problem. Mayor is doing well.

The baby has been kidnapped while crawling outside the fortress. At least that madwoman will stop screaming now.

I’ve just received a report, it seems that the mother died at the same moment the baby was kidnapped. Goblin Assassins?

Another snatcher. This one was captured.

An ambush! One of the goblins managed to run to the hospital while the military were distracted by yet another snatcher. No one (besides the goblin and a turkey) was hurt, however. Shortly after, another ambush arrived, with a squad of crossbow-wielding goblins among them that managed to shoot some dwarves that were outside.

Human trade caravan arrived, hopefully, they’ll help us with our problem.

All the goblin archers have fled, but the rest still remain.

While pursuing the goblins another ambush showed up. Curses!

I’ve ordered the gate to be sealed, and wish good luck to those unlucky dwarves, military or not, that are stranded outside.

With the aid of the humans, the ambushes were defeated. But we took some losses. We’re down to 77 dwarves now.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2011, 03:14:43 am »

when you upload. just upload the entire file.

other than: sounds good so far man.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2011, 01:19:48 pm »

Strange thing that just happened: a ghost of a dwarf wood burner appeared and tried to kill a bone carver. Thing is, it's not one of our dwarves. It's not even in the deceased part of the unit list.

Going to put it to rest with a memorial, but does anyone have any ideas as to where it came from

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2011, 02:30:57 pm »

probably a dwarf that died in that fortresses history prior to your inhabitation of it.

no idea if it tracks world gen dead ghosts but thats the only logical explination for it not showing up on the dead list.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2011, 03:24:04 pm »

Here it is. Winter was pretty boring, except at the very end. Also found some intresting stuff, see them at the bottom of the post. Upgraded it to 0.31.25

File: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4115

Autumn

Boring.

Really. If there’s one word to describe early autumn, that word is “boring”.

Placed some statues in the hospital in order to make the patients happier. I think the mayor would like them, were he not in a coma.

One of our speardwarves has grown attached to his silver spear. Best not to think about it.

Idiots keep complaining they can’t build a floor because there is a boulder on the spot. Can’t those useless bastards just move the bloody thing? Or at least not come to me every single time to tell me that? I got hides to tan!

Migrants. Migrants and their filthy animals. Time to do my job.

Population at 83, as if anyone would even read this.

One of our cooks has been stung by a bee, but, more importantly, a ghost is haunting our fort and has battered one of our bone carvers! No idea who this ghost is, since I’ve ordered all dwarves buried. Ordered a memorial to be engraved anyway.

Ghost has been pacified. About time, too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The mayor seems to be getting better. I expect him to get out of that bed next year.

Traders came. Traded some of our stuff for extra booze, splints, crutches and another anvil.

Winter

Rhesus macaque raid. Dispatched the military to deal with it.

Stupid liaison trying to speak to the comatose mayor. Idiot.

Now the liaison is trying to speak with the comatose mayor, again, but this time from the other side of the hospital wall.

No migrants this season, it seems.

Ordered the miners to make a monument to my butchering prowess. The world shall remember my name.

Snatcher appeared and got caught. And another shortly after.

As the winter was about to end, along with my term as overseer, an ambush struck. Our fearless military charged them, but most got

captured before the soldiers got there.

Another ambush showed themselves shortly afterwards.

The goblins were defeated, with only one dwarven death. However, several soldiers and a few civilians now lie in the hospital.

END OF JOURNAL

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2011, 04:24:22 pm »

give me a PM when youve uploaded it man.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2011, 05:25:25 pm »

give me a PM when youve uploaded it man.

Check the top of my previous post

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2011, 02:28:39 am »

tah and sorry.

will get onto spring at least tonight after work.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2011, 02:52:13 pm »

Journal of Oversear Karakzon Year 254:

Well well well, what do i make of this eh? I got sent to this small project from the Obscure Silver outpost not far from this, well, what do i call it? Looks like one of those human flim flam buildings thatll come tumbling down at the first hint of an earthquake. By my beard and those of my ancestors, the dwellers of dungeons decided to build here? Bah!
Well, any spots as good as another i guess, lets get inside and see whats what.
Here is an overview of the fortress as i find it:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It also seems like these dungeon builders spend more time boozing it up than building, 48 idles!  Ill have to see about sorting that out. Ah, didn’t i mention?  As soon as i walked through the door with the last group of migrants, Deathssword shoved the job of running this shifty operation on me. I hope this doesn’t become a trend, i don’t get paid until were done here and ide rather get this sorted out just to start with. Point me to the booze stockpile, ill yell orders at those babe beards from atop a barrel of whisky.  I need a drink after that trek. After that, fetch me a pick. Ill do some dirty work and think on what to do. Oh and you! Yeah you! Babe beard! Fetch me the manager and book keeper! Ill need to get them to sort out all this unemployment around here and get realy building. Those picks in the stock piles will come in handy i tell ye.

-above 1/2 of the fort is no job as soon as i look at it, seems im going to have to put in alot of effort giving them jobs...  going to have to boost up the metal industry and dig that already exposed bitomous coal, ill have to rebuild the walls for that area later-

Ill get onto updating a bit more soon. No promisses tho. this looks like a doosey of a logistics job. good thing the foods plenty, ill need it to last wile i sort out giving everyone jobs.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2011, 04:15:24 am »

18th of Granite.

Things are proceding well, we now only have 2 or 3 idlers who are looking after the wounded. weve only got an archer in a traction bench for now, hes been given the title of hero by the last oversear and ill accept his word on it. Speaking of wich, who is the bare chinned sone of a babe who decided to make the millatery stand down, not train, and have our management dwarfs in it? i dont want them to be grumbling every time i need work done and have to stand them down, so ive given their old jobs to other dwarfs for now. just have to find were the hell their rooms are.... or make more...

Anyways, ive orderd a ditch moat be dug, upped the number of millatery, drafted all the marksdwarfs into an archery squad headed by the bed ridden hero, for when he gets out of bed again. Oh and ive told these fools to move their stockpiles inside. weve got good ground for growing those weird surface plants, theirs no point wasteing it on stockpiles wile weve got these towers full oh nothing.

Mining plans have been laied to extract more bitomous coal for iron smelting. We need more picks armour and weapons.

Plans on the project go on unabated.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8