Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58

Author Topic: Godhood IV OOC Thread  (Read 43190 times)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Godhood IV OOC Thread
« on: March 20, 2011, 06:06:07 pm »

Godhood IV OOC

Godhood: A game where the players ascend to Godhood, creating a world from the Essence and the Void. An empty world with its lore written by players, yet filled with untold stories of its origins.

Related pages:
Godhood IV Game Thread
Godhood Wiki (Managed by the players.)
I write like.. (For those willing to see what writer would apparently write in the same way as they.)

This thread is meant for discussions about the Godhood forum game (both silly and serious), discussing one another's writing style, and even for comments from visitors. It is also where you can make suggestions, post your template if you have been accepted to the game, and point out mistakes I made. You can send me a PM here:

PM Caesar

The spirit of this game lies in writing a story together. Every player plays a God of their own, influencing the world through godly acts. I myself take the roles of 'Overgod', 'fate' and 'time', which means that I mainly look at the influence the actions of the Gods had on the world and turn them into another part of the story, showing you the consequences of their actions.

We expect a certain degree of maturity, writing skill (including proper knowledge of grammar and spelling) and sincerity. Players are required to use their common sense. (Which I trust they have.)

Game Rules

God Template
Spoiler: Empty Template (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Examples (click to show/hide)

Acts
- At the start of every turn, all Gods receive acts. The amount of acts they receive are based on their connection with the essence (which should be strongest at the start), the combined strength of their received worship (several fanatic cults could be just as strong as an entire moderate population) and secret factors.
- Theoretically you can store as many acts as you want. At a certain point, however, it might start giving drawbacks to store so much divine energy. Five acts is always safe.
- Going into a negative amount of acts might have severe consequences, potentially ranging from being helpless while your enemies destroy your interests to canceling out your acts and finally to twisting your acts into unintended harmful events. There is also a chance nothing bad happens, if the negative is shallow.
- Any thing you decide to do in each turn will take up acts (except for storing them). Some will be worth even more, although you should try and estimate how much each of them would be worth.
- Try to flavor your acts first in italic text, then summarize the actual effects in bold, like in this example:

He smiled cynically, and then finished his creation, watching as the steam rose from the new pit.

T'kernas creates the first automaton.

The following two acts would cost one 'number of acts':
Spoiler: Example - Acanthus117 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Example - Fortis (click to show/hide)

Current Players:
Code: [Select]
Atilliano: -
Fortis: -
Ghazkull: -
Karnewarrior: -
Evergod41: -
forsaken1111: -
Digital Hellhound: -
Humaan: -
Dragnar: -
Iituem: -
ragnarok97071: -
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:26:12 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood IV OOC Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 06:07:10 pm »

Oh. Hey. New Godhood. Cool.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 06:09:31 pm »

Damn. I needed the second post.
All players, you are welcome to post and PM your templates and, of course, talk about any suggestions/ask me questions about the new Godhood.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 06:11:06 pm »

Err... Sorry bout that. I may join.

I tried to join the 3rd one, but the turn was taking far too long. I got bored and stopped waiting.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 06:13:11 pm »

I've set a limit on the amount of players I let join.
If you do want to join in the future, you may send me an application piece that demonstrates your writing skill. Based on that I will add you to my waiting list, and if the opportunity is there, you might get to play a God/a more minor character yourself.

Edit: If you'll excuse me- I'll read up on the thread/my messages tomorrow again.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 06:50:02 pm »

If it's alright, Caesar, I'll just put up my God Template here.

And I also want to keep track of this thread, so it would pay to post already >_>

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 06:53:53 pm by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 07:02:41 pm »

God Of Dark Arts

Name of God: Atheres
Titles: None
Description of Character: He loves all dark arts, but impraticular he loves the art of necromancy. He cares for his creations, and wishes to spread the art of necromancy among thousands of creatures. He is pretty straightforward, but may lean towards sarcasm, or aggression if he needs to
Spheres: Sphere of The Dark Arts
Manifests as: When he appears you can only see a cloak, and no part of his body with him he carries a scythe. Inscribed on the blade is the words " Trust in me, and I will help you. The dark arts will always protect those ineed of them. " Underneath the black robes he is just a skeleton no flesh just the bones of a long forgotten god.
Characteristic Animal: Skeletal Wolf
Secondary source of Power: None
Divine responsibility: None
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 05:51:08 pm by adwarf »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 08:04:55 pm »

I could have sworn I was on the list >_<
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 08:21:54 pm »

Name of God:  The Lady, The Lady in Red, Astra'lith
Titles:  None yet earned.
Description of Character:  The Lady is jealous, fickle and duplicitous by nature.  She will always act under a false name or guise given the opportunity, or even through a patsy if need present itself.  She is intensely jealous of her name (which is known to all the gods) and will go out of her way to destroy any record of its existence.  She is short-tempered, has a vicious sense of humour and smiles upon strength, guile and above all victory.
Spheres:  Strife
Manifests as:  A woman in red, face veiled, with long frayed copper hair.
Characteristic Animal:  Viper
Secondary source of Power:  Not yet earned.
Divine responsibility:  No requests yet made.

Special Restriction:  The Lady is bound to her name.  If spoken by a mortal, she will hear it spoken.  If spoken three times, she will be summoned to the speaker and bound to perform a task for them in return for a favour.  As a special further restriction, that mortal is thereafter protected from direct retribution from her.

Eh, I probably shouldn't post this since we have a god of War already, but I figure she's different enough in character that she should be able to fill some other roles.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:23:53 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 08:34:51 pm »

Iituem, I love your Goddess idea, especially the whole "speak my name and I help you" bit.

Lulz will definitely ensue.

It's a lot more imaginative than mine >_>

If anyone can guess whose appearance I based Alcinoe off of, you get a cookie.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 08:36:37 pm »

Spoiler: Chlorine (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 08:37:15 pm »

Artemis or Athena correct ?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 08:39:08 pm »

Well, I based her goddess traits from a mix of Athena and Artemis, yes, but I was talking about how she appears.

I'll give you a clue: She fights in a contest for something that's pretty fucking hax.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 08:40:39 pm »

Well, I based her goddess traits from a mix of Athena and Artemis, yes, but I was talking about how she appears.

I'll give you a clue: She fights in a contest for something that's pretty fucking hax.

The girl from the hunger games ?

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 08:42:03 pm »

Name of God: Altair

Titles: [None]

Description of Character: Altair is smug, and sort of a prankster. He wont ever forget a grudge, and would never let any of his own creations die out of existence, even if it required encasing them in clear crystal so that they may forever be seen by him and passer-by.

Spheres: Technology

Manifests as: A fairly tall man, wearing an old leather trenchcoat and flaxen pants. Each of his arms represent a part of what makes up technology. His left arm represents imagination, it's a dark obsidion color with runic lines racing across it, they glow with odd colors. His right arm represents ability, it's a white sand color, and in-fact is sand, but has chunks of other materials sifting through it, occasionally surfacing.

Characteristic Animal: The Hawk

Secondary source of Power: [None]

Divine responsibility: Overseing the technological advancements of sentient races

There were two ways I could have gone with a god of technology, a seriously badass one, or a complete lunatic, I started with the foremost, but ended with the ladder.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58