Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Creating a custom TrueType font tailored to Dwarf Fortress  (Read 8453 times)

KurzedMetal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creating a custom TrueType font tailored to Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 10:53:28 am »

mmmm, i think you are right, i saw "product version" set to 0.31.18 and "fixed in" set to "next realease" and i guessed it would be 0.31.19, but the bug has many duplicate and some of them are from .25 (which i forgot to check).
Quote from: ARandomGuyOnTheInternet
When 80% of your fans use 3 different external programs simultaneously to play your game comfortably, you might need to stand back and think "Maybe...Maybe I should get around making a UI designed to be used by carbon-based entities, like mammals".

Sirelde

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 10:42:05 am »

Sorry for posting on such an old topic...
I want to know if there is a way to make every text on DF to be displayed on Truetype.
This screen, for example. Because the tileset is messing with some characters.
Thanks.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:45:35 am by Sirelde »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 04:22:07 pm »

I thought the whole point of TTF usage was so that the kerning wasn't just a golfbag of clubs thrown all over the place. By creating a big bulky font with wide kerning, kinda defeats the point of that. Based on what you're doing there shouldn't really be any major differences between TTF and tileset, especially if it's monospaced. I get what you're doing, but at the same time, I don't. Why not at least allow the letters to be properly kerned instead of worrying about grid alignment, as long as its the same type style.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:24:39 pm by Vherid »
Pages: 1 [2]