Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 336525 times)

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1170 on: November 17, 2011, 01:28:40 pm »

After playing My little cannon: Shooting is Magic for half an hour, I must ask this: Can a "cupcake cannon" be modded in?  :P

well, could stuff them into a ballista, I suppose..
... and now I feel compelled to attempt to add tactical baguettes.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 17, 2011, 01:30:38 pm »

well, could stuff them into a ballista, I suppose..
... and now I feel compelled to attempt to add tactical baguettes.

Tactical rainbow baguettes. From orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 17, 2011, 03:22:41 pm »

So, between royal animal ponies and general big beasties, what semimegabeasts would you like included in the mode? We have a nice list to choose from, ranging from mythical beasts to real-life creatures ( What could be a better giant replacement than the Girraffe?), but I was thinking that it would be nice to see everyones input on this one, most importently Nidoking. :D
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 17, 2011, 05:07:25 pm »

The hippogriffs idea does sort of imply the possibility of having twisted crossbreeds, like sphinx/gorlak pony hybrids, or slippy buffalo. Ent ponies(and other things) are another possibility, maybe make them non-sentient, non-tameable but with valuable fruit and wood.

Had an idea brought on by a cheese thread: what if we could use wheat worm cocoons to make casu marzu, worm infested cheese? The benefit would probably be a slightly increased material value.

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 17, 2011, 05:48:42 pm »

I'm surprised nobody thought of Okapi yet. Zebra civ nobility perhaps?
Or maybe give it absurdly powerful magic (lots of graspers?) and make it a semi-megabeast that's armed with dozens of weapons. Or just make it bigger...  :P
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 05:51:18 pm by Zarhon »
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: November 17, 2011, 06:13:40 pm »

Manticores are part of the new lion civ, right?  They would have made nice semi-megabeasts if that wasn't the case.  Perhaps a feral version would work though.  Same with griffons.

Surprisingly, I'm having a hard time coming up with new ideas for semi-megabeasts that aren't in the game or mod already.  The only thing I thought up was maybe golem ponies of some variety, but that's basically what the bronze colossus is already, and from what I understand there are trojan ponies and things like that in the mod which I haven't seen yet.

If only I had a D&D monster manual on hand, I could probably come up with a few.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 17, 2011, 06:56:38 pm »

I think that, from my own personal list, that Gorgans, Chimeras, Slepnairs, and perhapes a few "true" african ex. (None pony) animals with graspers, such as Girraffes and 'phants. Because, realy, what could be worse for a fort that a gigantic mammal with tusks, two weapons ( one in mouth, one in trunk), and high weapon skill? A elephant never skill rusts, after all.

On the other hoof, a good amount of mammels could be given graspers. Rhinos and Camels, anyone?

I'm surprised nobody thought of Okapi yet. Zebra civ nobility perhaps?
Or maybe give it absurdly powerful magic (lots of graspers?) and make it a semi-megabeast that's armed with dozens of weapons. Or just make it bigger... 

Indeed, this is nice. Zebra Emperers ( or should it be Czar?) are good where they are, but the Okapi sounds like a nice idea. We could give it several magical "syndromes", like shooting "lightning" or throwing bolts of frost. They dont even have to be larger than real life, seeing as they could fit the sadly little seen " sage" race, being skilled in most things and having powers unknown to anything else. Naturaly, this makes the prospect of one visiting your fortress the stuff of nightmares.

The hippogriffs idea does sort of imply the possibility of having twisted crossbreeds, like sphinx/gorlak pony hybrids, or slippy buffalo. Ent ponies(and other things) are another possibility, maybe make them non-sentient, non-tameable but with valuable fruit and wood.

Sweet Celestia, Ent Buffalo! :o

Manticores are part of the new lion civ, right?  They would have made nice semi-megabeasts if that wasn't the case.  Perhaps a feral version would work though.  Same with griffons.

Also, I have a better term for them. How do Primal Manticores/Griffons/Alicorns (There were once two sisters who ruled the night and the day)/ex. sound?

These are the sort of things that myths and stories were made about, not those silly old degenerates that have to band together to survive!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:58:32 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 18, 2011, 04:01:52 am »

Goddamn it, nothing's working. No matter how I mess with the entity raws Zebras still end up claiming huge empires while ponies are reduced to small 5-6 square civs at most. This is with ponies modded to be the size of Buffalo to give them a fighting chance in case any fun happen in worldgen.

Could anyone explain how is it Zebras seem to outnumber everything else?

EDIT: Finally managed to gen a world where ponies are dominant. Having both [INDOOR_FARMING] and [OUTDOOR_FARMING] might have something to do with it, causing them to starve if they don't have access to both.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 04:15:35 am by Kaiser Reinhard »

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 18, 2011, 05:58:19 am »

If only I had a D&D monster manual on hand, I could probably come up with a few.

All D&D books can be found in torrents, even really old ones.

Just google for it.
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 18, 2011, 11:06:50 am »

Just google for it.

Ah, yes, but that wouldn't be legal.  Err, unless Wizards of the Coast put that in the Open Game license, which I doubt.

I actually have a copy of the mostly equivalent Everquest pen and paper RPG monster guide somewhere.  I'd just have to dig it up.  Or search on Allakhazam's bestiary, but I'm too lazy to go picking through random NPCs looking for something interesting.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 18, 2011, 12:57:36 pm »

Have Leucrotta been mentioned? Seems like a perfect fit for a evil monster.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 18, 2011, 02:49:30 pm »

Have Leucrotta been mentioned? Seems like a perfect fit for a evil monster.

...Is that a Badger Pony?  :o

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 18, 2011, 07:21:53 pm »

I'm surprised that the kelpie hasn't been mentioned yet. Perfect equestrian equivilant of a pond grabber.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 18, 2011, 10:36:53 pm »

Just google for it.

Ah, yes, but that wouldn't be legal.  Err, unless Wizards of the Coast put that in the Open Game license, which I doubt.

I actually have a copy of the mostly equivalent Everquest pen and paper RPG monster guide somewhere.  I'd just have to dig it up.  Or search on Allakhazam's bestiary, but I'm too lazy to go picking through random NPCs looking for something interesting.
Not like you're using it for it's intended purpose, just delete them afterward.

It's only for inspiration right?  ::)
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 19, 2011, 10:44:48 am »

So from the new episode: Gigantic cave eels?  :P
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 140