Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 336422 times)

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1185 on: November 19, 2011, 12:27:09 pm »

Coray eels? Yup, looks like a winner. You know, the way she calls the tortoise "Tank" almost makes me think it's referencing this mod, naming the small, shelled reptilian after a big, shelled reptilian. But it's probably just a coincidence and me reading too much into things. After all, my first reaction when Rainbow Dash said Twilight couldn't be her pet because she didn't know the difference between cool, radical, awesome, etc, was to wonder if she'd already considered the possibility. It's almost like I'm part Malkavian.

About D&D manuals, aren't their wikis aplenty that should have the broad strokes of what's in there? Just an idea.

Anypony know much about the barony bug? My mayor started the barony convo before the caravan left, so it seems to be stuck going on endlessly. Can I just distract or isolate the mayor until the liaison leaves and do it properly next year, or will I have to give the mayor a new office in the irrigation system?

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 19, 2011, 02:15:22 pm »

So from the new episode: Gigantic cave eels? 

My first thought on seeing those things:

"What shall Kkat do with those things?"

Second thought:

"When will I get the chance to cook there tallow?"
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 19, 2011, 02:41:14 pm »

bay12 in a nutshell "ooh, awesome! I wonder what it tastes like./How can I weaponise this?"

also, looking more and more like pony tails should have [grasp] I know that would probably cause more chirality issues.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 19, 2011, 03:42:36 pm »

The problem about giving pony tails that tag is that it would make them put gloves and stuff on it. That, and we would get realy weird combat logs. Griffons can be excused for having longish nearly prehensil tails, while pony tails are mostly hair and are rather short.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 19, 2011, 04:17:56 pm »

while pony tails are mostly hair and are rather short.

Apparently, not *these* pony tails, if The Cutie Pox is anything to go by.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 19, 2011, 08:06:50 pm »

If only I had a D&D monster manual on hand, I could probably come up with a few.

All D&D books can be found in torrents, even really old ones.

Just google for it.

Ah, yes, but that wouldn't be legal.  Err, unless Wizards of the Coast put that in the Open Game license, which I doubt.

I actually have a copy of the mostly equivalent Everquest pen and paper RPG monster guide somewhere.  I'd just have to dig it up.  Or search on Allakhazam's bestiary, but I'm too lazy to go picking through random NPCs looking for something interesting.
Not like you're using it for it's intended purpose, just delete them afterward.

It's only for inspiration right?  ::)

Just google "D20 System Refrence Document". That's the name of the legally redistributable expurgated* version of the D&D rules.

Here's a version that I find particularly handy

EDIT: Here's a link directly to the monsters section of the linked version shown above

*(no mindflayers or beholders; no campaign setting specific info; severely trimmed flavor text)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:11:35 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 20, 2011, 06:43:13 pm »

Indeed, all someone needs is a SRD. Pathfinders is very nice.

Here you go.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/home

Realy, its almost completly complete.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 20, 2011, 10:09:27 pm »

There is earlier reference in Season 1 with Applejack using her tail for that lasso of hers.  Either way, ponies don't really need 'gloves', they got 4 hooves.  Not a problem if they can put something on their tails, but I guess that wouldn't jive with the mouth graspers and what-not...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1193 on: November 21, 2011, 07:39:34 am »

The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 21, 2011, 09:29:04 am »

There is earlier reference in Season 1 with Applejack using her tail for that lasso of hers.  Either way, ponies don't really need 'gloves', they got 4 hooves.  Not a problem if they can put something on their tails, but I guess that wouldn't jive with the mouth graspers and what-not...

No gloves = death from walking over deadly syndrome dusts on the floor. Maybe add "horseshoes" for hooves that dusts can gather on, instead of bare skin/hooves that would cause infection?
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 21, 2011, 01:47:33 pm »

they seem to have no problem wearing boots, other than the fact you need twice as many.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 21, 2011, 03:54:42 pm »

Well, it's fairly easy to rationalise using the existing handkerchiefs and bandanas on the tail so that picking up stuff with forgotten beast splatter isn't lethal. I suppose you can just assume that they keep those bits on them for when they have to pick up something grubby. I'll add some optional files for grasping tails that can be downloaded as a separate module, since I'm not too enamoured with the idea myself.

You think regular pony forts are bad for boots, I have a cave pony fort. That's a whole lot of  ☼steel high boots☼. I'm probably going to have to turn this tetrahedrite into armour for the civvies at some point, just to be safe, that's gonna be fun.

Haven't done all that much work on the mod recently, I've been struck down by what seems to be two or three types of flu/colds/sore throats in quick succession. Here are the current goals:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And in addition to that, general tidying up, readability increase and a fork into Traditional and Simplified versions.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 03:56:21 pm by Nidokoenig »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 21, 2011, 04:05:31 pm »

I would like to note that they are Quarray Eels, not Coray eels.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 04:34:16 pm by Dsarker »
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 21, 2011, 04:19:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's serious O_o

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: November 21, 2011, 04:27:52 pm »

I would like to note that they are Quarray Eels, mot Coray eels.

Noted.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 140