Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 336700 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #2010 on: March 28, 2012, 03:27:28 pm »

To be fair, the slaughter of scores of colorful ponies vi crushing them is worth the splended metal that comes out. Best trade good ever. /kidding
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: March 28, 2012, 03:39:55 pm »

Here at Nightmare Fuel, Inc we adopt the "waste nothing" outlook. When the Diomedians come after us, we see it as an opportunity. After they are killed, we carefully remove their spines for spectra extraction, then tan their skins for Mrs. Raritavia to make stockings out of, bake *diomedian pony meat cupcakes* from their flesh and hand over the now-clean bones and skulls to Mr. Somber to make crafts and arrowheads.

And no, Somber was named by accident. I only just realised who the name is shared with, sleep deprivation and all. Although, this is interesting... I used to name my X-Com troopers afer people I know.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: March 28, 2012, 03:59:42 pm »

Here at Nightmare Fuel, Inc we adopt the "waste nothing" outlook. When the Diomedians come after us, we see it as an opportunity. After they are killed, we carefully remove their spines for spectra extraction, then tan their skins for Mrs. Raritavia to make stockings out of, bake *diomedian pony meat cupcakes* from their flesh and hand over the now-clean bones and skulls to Mr. Somber to make crafts and arrowheads.

And no, Somber was named by accident. I only just realised who the name is shared with, sleep deprivation and all. Although, this is interesting... I used to name my X-Com troopers afer people I know.

However, if you find Nightmare Fuel, Inc's methodes unruly or brutal, than I suggest the newest handy-dandy substance on the market for your fortress-helping needs. Whats that? Why, my dear boy, Flux! Yes, Flux, brought to you by Body Horror co*, improves a ponys livelyhood by removing most traits some might see as weak and replacing them with greater, more efficant abilites. Why, 100% of all inteligent users say that Flux has improved there lives beyond what the traditinal Spectra-derived drinks can do! With states like these, folks, why wait for a Flux bath when you can do it now?

*a F&F company.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: March 29, 2012, 02:22:31 pm »

The result of somepony being embarrased over lack of clothes.

Another pony nearly went insane, was miserable for some time. Close one.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: April 05, 2012, 02:00:29 pm »

I know you are collecting sprites for stonesense, so maybe this will be useful for PONY_LION with some editing. Source
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Lord Znorg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: April 14, 2012, 03:37:08 am »

Is this mod being updated anytime soon?  :D

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: April 14, 2012, 01:22:28 pm »

it's being worked on, I think.. if nothing else, the dream valley offshoot of mine is under testing at the moment-ish.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: April 14, 2012, 04:59:33 pm »

Hopefully, yes it is. Or at least is being finished up. Lots of stuff to add, you see.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: April 18, 2012, 03:07:46 pm »

I just thought about something.

You multiply castes by 10 to add more variety to coat colours and cutie marks. If you want proper cutie marks, multiply the castes by about 50 instead. Then you can have 4 cutie marks per skill (2 for males, 2 for females), and a cutie mark directly tied to much higher learning rate and maybe a NATURAL_SKILL. Wouldn't this make perfect sense? Apart from needing a script and maybe some issues with DF handling so many castes?
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: April 18, 2012, 03:28:58 pm »

So far as I know that should work.  The only problems you might encounter this way would be migrants still showing up with the wrong skills.  I'm not sure how this has changed in .34, but I bet you'd still end up with a pony with a cinderblock for a cutie mark who is a cheesemaker.

Adding natural skill would be a big step toward mitigating the problem though.  I hadn't thought of that.  So long as you don't add skill learning penalties to the other skills it probably wouldn't be a problem.  If you did put in skill learn rate penalties, I could easily envision a fort where you get nothing but a bunch of soap makers and potash makers, and can barely train up farmers.

Also... that would have interesting effects on your embark party.  Unless you put their skill in their caste name it's a crapshoot if you're picking the right skills for the right ponies.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: April 18, 2012, 03:30:41 pm »

That's actually done already in the my little darkness mod, He said he's holding on to the program he wrote to make the files tho, so i guess if you want to replicate that you have to do it manually or write your own program.

The biggest issue is that even with just ten extra castes of each type (fanon is magic has 3*2*11+1 = 67) increases the file size of the entity to several hundred KB. The one for MLD was over a meg and a half last i checked,(a month ago) and used a common description list per race, resulting in all earth pony males looking identical. Adding the colors on a per caste basis would probably add another megabyte to that.

Wether entity file size has any effect on the game running or not or if there's a limit, I can't say. But I can't imagine having the filesize 30 times of the intended file is very good :P

Edit: Telgin, you could identify your pony "class" by their cutie mark, pickaxe or shovel or mining cart would be better at mining and such. a flower or apple would be better at farming

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: April 18, 2012, 03:33:51 pm »

Oops, forgot you could actually view the pony descriptions when embarking.  Yeah, that wouldn't be a problem.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: April 18, 2012, 04:05:39 pm »

As Sorcerer mentioned, I've made ponies with fully realized cutie marks. Description: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104802.0

The file contains over 300 castes (Duplicated by gender), each now with its own color set, making the file size a round 2 MB. So far it seems game speed is unaffected.

Here's the mod they're in: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=107383.0

Plans are in the works to release a stand-alone version, but first I need to develop the Career Fair update that will allow many of the talents to gain unique interactions (Ie: Ninja ponies that can hide when fleeing, Musicians that can perform at the theatre, Priests that can heal, etc.). Various unicorn spells such as Time Dilation, Bind, Disorient, and Heal are already in place with a arcane research system.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:12:00 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: April 21, 2012, 02:03:25 pm »

Just watched the wedding episodes. Nido is going to flip.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 02:18:58 pm by Zarhon »
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: April 21, 2012, 03:06:14 pm »

Just watched the wedding episodes. Nido is going to flip.

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 140