Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 336372 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #2055 on: June 17, 2012, 02:28:10 am »

Looks like this thread is kind of abandoned, but here's a question for anyone who knows: how the heck do I get the bakery to work properly?

I've made a few types of dough with it, but the make baked goods reaction is never available.  Trying to queue it with the manager doesn't work either, and I'm pretty sure it complains that I don't have any pony dough cheese (which is just dough, I'm all but sure, after looking through the reaction raws).  I do have some though, and it's not forbidden.

Looking at the reaction raws, it looks like I've got everything I need.  Is the reaction broken somehow?  I admit that I'm not an expert on modding, so the syntax might be wrong and I wouldn't notice.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: June 22, 2012, 01:42:15 pm »

Has anyone solved the armor weight problem? It's probably worse in my mod than the other because there's several non-standard castes with different body sizes, but I imagine the 'default' one has this too.

(armor, when scaled up to the size of a pony, weights too much and slows soldiers down)

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: June 22, 2012, 02:14:20 pm »

Has anyone solved the armor weight problem? It's probably worse in my mod than the other because there's several non-standard castes with different body sizes, but I imagine the 'default' one has this too.

(armor, when scaled up to the size of a pony, weights too much and slows soldiers down)

Try increasing the base speed of ponies to compensate.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: June 22, 2012, 02:41:59 pm »

Then they will be (more) OP because the speed token governs every action, including attacks...

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: June 22, 2012, 03:48:14 pm »

Then they will be (more) OP because the speed token governs every action, including attacks...

Won't the heavy armor slow down their attacks too?  The ones that aren't wearing any armor at all could be considered monks.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: June 23, 2012, 01:16:59 am »

You'll need to increase their strength, if anything. The larger the creature, the larger the armor, and the game doesn't compensate for larger armor's encumbrance.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: June 23, 2012, 07:15:57 am »

Well, I have. Strength is now

[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:STRENGTH:1000:1500:1750:1900:2050:2200:3000]

and the castes are all 90-120K in size, with 150K alicorns. On a test fort, I tried dressing up some ponies (from "normal" to "very strong") in full copper, with Skilled armor user. Movement still not really fast. :/

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: June 24, 2012, 08:31:29 am »

Well, readded the shaped tag to the leggings item and did the same test at the same time with a group of dwarves, armored ponies have about the same speed. Ok.
Have to rebalance all creature sizes now.

Draegur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: July 14, 2012, 01:06:01 am »

Edit: I retract my query! Oh crap. Necro...! Ummm.. is there a way for me to delete this post? I'm panicking and not seeing the option if it's there ;_;
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:10:09 am by Draegur »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: July 19, 2012, 04:19:35 am »

don't worry, it's a less-than-one-month necro

catvanbrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: August 25, 2013, 12:00:06 pm »

can I shoot my self?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: August 25, 2013, 03:05:48 pm »

If anyone wants to play a pony mod, this thread and version is outdated. It was for a pre-2012 version of Dwarf Fortress (31.25).

A spiritual successor to this mod (albeit buggy) is here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117374.0

There is also a Fallout Equestria mod. It is quite awesome and stable, but unfinished and it's maintainer quit. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118893.0

Finally there is Vadiku's Creepypasta (or "various derivative works of R-rated fiction" as he calls it)  Pony mod. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121116.0

Take your pick.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:00:52 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: August 25, 2013, 03:18:45 pm »

can I shoot my self?

okay, worry, it's a more-than-one-year necro

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: August 28, 2013, 02:15:48 am »

I really hope Lycaeon comes back sometime. Always nice to have something (and someone) to strive towards.

Also, I'm happy that Sorcerer did come back. If it was considered that he had left, that is. If it wasn't... well, I'm just glad that he keeps up his creative vision. I don't know if I'll ever be non-lazy enough to create something like that cutie mark system of his.

Also, I somehow don't like the word "creepypasta". I'd prefer "various derivative works of R-rated fiction".  8)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:22:20 am by Valikdu »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: August 28, 2013, 08:49:17 am »

Suuuuuure :P
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140