Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 336218 times)

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2011, 10:13:08 am »

Ah dun derped. There's a few stray tags gone wrong. Nothing major, just things like slippy ponies having the [FLIER] tage for no good reason and angel hair worms still being called wheat worms. I'll fix it up and add the pegacorns, should be done by tomorrow or so.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2011, 05:27:04 pm »

Fixes added, pegacorns finished, file uploaded, link in the first post. Tentacle ponies' tentacle whip attacks are more whip-like now. Dark Royal Ponies have the attack too, if you feel the need to change it.

Pegacorns have a one in thirty seven chance of appearing by default, but their pop ratios are set at 5, so you can change it to as rare as one in 185 by setting it lower. I'd appreciate some feedback on combat balance. Cave ponies seem to be a little overpowered, they either have web, size or two tusks just right for smashing skulls and jamming them into brains going for them, even though they're either giving up either size or speed.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2011, 09:59:04 pm »

Aw great. Looks like I have to update. :P

Can't wait to see these changes in game, though.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2011, 02:22:26 am »

This is the only mod I have ever downloaded. Thank you :)

(Though it is funny trying to explain to my 12 year old daughter that my little pony is cool...)
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2011, 02:49:33 am »

Thanks for the support!

Well, the creator is Lauren Faust, who worked on Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends and the Powerpuff Girls, and Twilight Sparkle is voiced by Tara Strong, who's also the voice of Ben 10 amongst many other things, and the other voice actresses all have pretty good resumes. So they've pretty much got everyone they need together to make a good cartoon, even if it is aimed at little girls, and Lauren Faust has specifically said the new cartoon was designed for family viewing, i.e. wouldn't be utter torture for parents who had to be subjected to it. Now get your little girl to play dorf fort!

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2011, 03:10:21 am »

Don't forget Tara Strong as Rikku! Hehe.

"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2011, 08:56:52 am »

Though many people talk of milking elves, I think it only works on domestic-type creatures.
Well, domesticated/trainable dwarves works (hunting dwarves, wardwarves, they appear in the animal list an can be slaughtered, and can be bought as pets or from caravans) I haven't tried milkable elves yet, that may be next. I currently have a world where all pack-animals are dwarves (my wagon pullers were "stray peasant (tame)" for example).

EDIT : Just did a worldgen with [PET][COMMON_DOMESTIC] on elves, bought some pet elves, and tried milking (copied milking tags from donkey raws). No luck here until i removed the [INTELLIGENT] tag from elves in the save game, then elf milk and elf cheese were produced.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 09:28:55 am by Reelyanoob »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2011, 09:32:11 am »

a good cartoon, even if it is aimed at little girls
Wow.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Munchie13

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2011, 12:12:41 pm »

Code: [Select]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE]
Uhhhhhh???? I have only seen the first episode of MLP but this seems wildly out of character.

cupcakes

oh god cupcakes

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2011, 10:39:21 pm »

I've been thinking about how good this would be for a community game. Has anyone else thought of that? I'm no community game expert, really. I've never participated in one... But I know I'm going to have to try one at some point... And this mod would definitely be incentive for it.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2011, 10:45:50 pm »

I'm in! But too lazy to start...

Whoever starts one, message me or mention it here hehe.

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2011, 07:49:56 am »

I wonder if you could mod in paintable houses... Ain't no ponyville without happy-coloured domiciliae!
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2011, 11:06:51 am »

Community game? Boatmurdered sort of thing? Should be fun, and there's less need to worry about messing up because messing up is funny and with ponies, it's slightly harder to really screw up. I'm really paranoid and picky about embarks, though, so I probably shouldn't start it either.

As for paintable houses, that's a puzzler. Two ideas spring to mind, either using a reaction to convert wood or stone into thread or silk, dye it, then change it back, or just use a mod that adds a cloth blocks reaction. Or... Glazing wooden and stone blocks, with a custom reaction and an expanded set of glazes.

I'm feeling a lot less worried about combat balance now: had a horn silver mite FB with deadly dust massacre nearly sixty cave ponies yesterday, despite being webbed up most of the time and having every body part broken(would forty wooden axes have had any effect?). Reverted to an earlier save and drafted everyone into masonry to get the caverns sealed quickly,  because this embark is awesome(deep soil, massive river, gold and silver, found all three caverns and the magma sea right off) and deadly dust is stupidly overpowered for a first FB, especially since it came in my first winter. I don't even have anything to equip my ponies with yet, ffs.

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2011, 12:02:17 pm »

possibly add in 'red painted wood' material etc., then add reactions that turn regular wood into those woods?
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2011, 12:29:07 pm »

That's a bit inelegant for my taste. After all, if you paint a particular type of wood, you can usually still see the grain, and it will still have the same feel and weight. I think having a reaction to glaze blocks, with colours expanded, would be neater. Sure, it would say "blue glazed oak" or "white glazed bloodthorn" instead of saying they're painted, but at least they're not being transformed into a new material.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 140