Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 334735 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #690 on: October 17, 2011, 02:48:01 pm »

Also here: a holiday in life of Catweak.

This is somewhat appropritate. Cupcakes cupcakes cupcakes!
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 17, 2011, 02:50:08 pm »

Also, picture this: a huntress takes her baby with her when going hunting. A snatcher sneaks up on her, and she immediately PUTS A MASTERWORK BOLT THROUGH HIS FOREHEAD.

BOOOM HEADSHOT!

[upd] This just happened again, with the same huntress. This time she wasn't content to just kill the snatcher with one bolt; she crippled both his front legs and shot him full of bolts while he was on the ground, in pain.
If they were werewolves, I'd call out Scarlet Robe  :P

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 17, 2011, 11:41:43 pm »

Yes, the entity_default file is like that, and no, they were wild.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #693 on: October 18, 2011, 12:40:16 am »

well, I got time tomorrow during school, time to get my pony on!
(it's DF, nobody but me can see anything more than colorful letters :P)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 18, 2011, 11:43:31 am »

Couple of gameplay questions... here  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=94964.0

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And yes, the first one IS me trying to decorate my militants' armor with the bones of fallen enemies. Because it's cool.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 18, 2011, 02:04:07 pm »

Problem: Gorlak tusks do not heal after fractures.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 18, 2011, 02:22:33 pm »

Doesn't that make sense? Normal tusks don't, either.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 18, 2011, 02:34:40 pm »

They don't? :(
Well, I guess it's ok then.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 18, 2011, 02:35:35 pm »

Yeah. If pretty much any animal - elephants and boars, for example - break a tusk, it's broken. They don't grow back.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 18, 2011, 03:24:29 pm »

Yeah. If pretty much any animal - elephants and boars, for example - break a tusk, it's broken. They don't grow back.

Horns are usualy different, however. A tusk is mearly a modifed tooth, rather that a actual growth.

Unfortunatly, say that to my hornless one winged Royal. :(
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 18, 2011, 04:53:08 pm »

Had a massive siege just now O_O Actually it was two sieges, goblins and Diomedans. They each had 3 squads lead by an eilite (plus the trolls and war eagles).

First time I saw a full-scale action involving a trap corridor. Ugh. That's... almost too many severed limbs (although there can never be TOO many, just like dakka).

Turns out, watch towers are really useful. Legendary marksponies can really rack up kills from up there.

Also, now all the ponies from the melee squad don't care about anything anymore. And I can understand that: compared to this siege, the third F-beast that wandered in was a pushover (it had a potential not to be, but kindly chose not to use its deadly spittle).

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 18, 2011, 05:16:25 pm »

My last siege was pretty massive by my standards.  I think it was about 30-40 diomedian ponies, including at least one dark princess who spent 8 combat pages trying to stab my unconscious militia commander in the head before she got it right.  All were riding camels or jaguars.

My marksponies kind of suck.  They managed to kill most of the mounts, but not many diomedian ponies.  Instead, since my roof isn't done yet, the pegasi flew out and started trying to melee them with wooden crossbows with predictable results.  That dark princess got at least 3 herself.

I had to replace probably half of my militia, and from the sounds of things, that wasn't really even a large siege.  Good thing I finally have some adamantine gear instead of just copper.  I also installed a lot of traps around my fort, we'll see if they help.

Actually, I haven't seen any sieges or ambushes in 3 or so game years, and only that forgotten beast that killed Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo with its bad breath.  I had a keshi pony diplomat show up and talk to my baroness (Celestia), did they organize a peace treaty or something?  I've seen no mention of any such thing, and the civilization screen still shows terror and vengeance as the imports and exports to a diomedian pony civ.

I'm still a bit new to the terminology, but what's a draltha pony?  I see in the combat logs one of them recently hacked a random wolf apart with his lash, but I see no sign of him elsewhere.  I'm guessing this was some sort of sneaking thief, who ran when he encountered the wolf, right?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 18, 2011, 07:06:46 pm »

I'm still a bit new to the terminology, but what's a draltha pony?  I see in the combat logs one of them recently hacked a random wolf apart with his lash, but I see no sign of him elsewhere.  I'm guessing this was some sort of sneaking thief, who ran when he encountered the wolf, right?

Dralthas are big buggers, about the size of big macintosh on average. There powerful, but can still be put down by a armed pony. If one is there, that means there are Cave Ponies near you. Lock yourselves up: your in for a bumpy ride.

DarkGenesis

• Bay Watcher
  • Darkness Shall Rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 19, 2011, 06:09:29 am »

My last siege was pretty massive by my standards.  I think it was about 30-40 diomedian ponies, including at least one dark princess who spent 8 combat pages trying to stab my unconscious militia commander in the head before she got it right. All were riding camels or jaguars.

That really needs to be fixed...

I had my first encounter with parasprites yesterday... Was not pleasant as my lone warpony chased them around in vain and they ate EVERYTHING!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 19, 2011, 08:28:01 am »

Agreed on the mounts thing.  My weapon traps mostly dealt with the camels and jaguars (so many severed parts sailing off in an arc!), but by that point my marksponies had used up all of their ammo on the mounts and I was left facing 30+ diomedian ponies with just melee.

Fortunately the adamantine armor I gave my melee ponies did its job and I only lost 2.  Then my marksponies charged into combat and 3 of them got cheap shotted with fatal kicks to the head.  Guess it's time to give them adamantine armor too.

I haven't seen any parasprites yet, how are they represented in game?  As vermin or as fast thieving critters of some sort?
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 140