Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 334757 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #705 on: October 19, 2011, 08:33:20 am »

Guzzling critters.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

DarkGenesis

• Bay Watcher
  • Darkness Shall Rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 19, 2011, 08:37:09 am »

I haven't seen any parasprites yet, how are they represented in game?  As vermin or as fast thieving critters of some sort?
They are basically Dark Gnomes in vanilla... Except they can FLY! I ended up getting rid of them by drafting all pegasus into the military and declaring all out war on the buggers! Had to hunt down every last one of them... The jaguar that was the replacement mob was a happy sight indeed.

Guzzling critters.
Indeed  :'(
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:42:16 am by DarkGenesis »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 19, 2011, 04:02:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The amount of severed limbs is due to the presence of Baneblade (not visible in the screenshot), who had taken so many heads with her scimitar that it's an artifact now.

New question: can unicorns correctly use a multigrasped weapon (like a 2H sword or a great axe)?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:04:53 pm by Valikdu »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 19, 2011, 04:10:21 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The amount of severed limbs is due to the presence of Baneblade (not visible in the screenshot), who had taken so many heads with her scimitar that it's an artifact now.

New question: can unicorns correctly use a multigrasped weapon (like a 2H sword or a great axe)?
Eeyup.

Earth ponies can use them onehanded as well  :P

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 19, 2011, 07:22:54 pm »

Actually, I haven't seen any sieges or ambushes in 3 or so game years, and only that forgotten beast that killed Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo with its bad breath.  I had a keshi pony diplomat show up and talk to my baroness (Celestia), did they organize a peace treaty or something?  I've seen no mention of any such thing, and the civilization screen still shows terror and vengeance as the imports and exports to a diomedian pony civ.

I'm still a bit new to the terminology, but what's a draltha pony?  I see in the combat logs one of them recently hacked a random wolf apart with his lash, but I see no sign of him elsewhere.  I'm guessing this was some sort of sneaking thief, who ran when he encountered the wolf, right?

It's probable that that keshi diplomat was from a rainbow pony civ, and the draltha, too, possibly a guard. Draltha ponies are basically just big buggers with manes, though they're also alcohol dependent.

Parasprites are always great fun, especially if you have slippies on hand, vast amounts of web at virtually no risk. They're not just guzzlers, they're eaters, too, like bears.

I'll comment out use of mounts, there should be a sanity check just to make sure a dark princess isn't riding a jaguar less than a tenth of her size, but there's no way to mod that in that I know of, unless I rejig mount tags with ponies in mind. Although, I suppose they'd come riding tanks or elephants, then.

Edit: Wait, jaguars aren't mounts. Giant jaguars are, but they're three times the size of most ponies so that's sensible enough, at least by the prevailing standards of the mod.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:37:19 pm by Nidokoenig »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 19, 2011, 08:35:54 pm »

Actually, I haven't seen any sieges or ambushes in 3 or so game years, and only that forgotten beast that killed Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo with its bad breath.  I had a keshi pony diplomat show up and talk to my baroness (Celestia), did they organize a peace treaty or something?  I've seen no mention of any such thing, and the civilization screen still shows terror and vengeance as the imports and exports to a diomedian pony civ.

I'm still a bit new to the terminology, but what's a draltha pony?  I see in the combat logs one of them recently hacked a random wolf apart with his lash, but I see no sign of him elsewhere.  I'm guessing this was some sort of sneaking thief, who ran when he encountered the wolf, right?

It's probable that that keshi diplomat was from a rainbow pony civ, and the draltha, too, possibly a guard. Draltha ponies are basically just big buggers with manes, though they're also alcohol dependent.

Parasprites are always great fun, especially if you have slippies on hand, vast amounts of web at virtually no risk. They're not just guzzlers, they're eaters, too, like bears.

I'll comment out use of mounts, there should be a sanity check just to make sure a dark princess isn't riding a jaguar less than a tenth of her size, but there's no way to mod that in that I know of, unless I rejig mount tags with ponies in mind. Although, I suppose they'd come riding tanks or elephants, then.
Go into notepad, select "Replace with...", and replace the mount tag with nothing. Then you can punch in mount tags to whatever animal seems fit (BEAR CAVALRY)

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 19, 2011, 08:41:31 pm »

Trust me, we wouldn't have anywhere near as many hair colours or wood varieties if I didn't know about find and replace. Bears are actually smaller than any pony, except slippies and gorlaks. In light of S02E03, I might have to change that.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 19, 2011, 08:50:40 pm »

Trust me, we wouldn't have anywhere near as many hair colours or wood varieties if I didn't know about find and replace. Bears are actually smaller than any pony, except slippies and gorlaks. In light of S02E03, I might have to change that.
The bear claws Fluttershy!
Fluttershy dodges!
Fluttershy charges at the bear!
Fluttershy kicks the bear in the upper body!
The bear is surprised by the ferocity of the attack!
The bear is knocked over!
Fluttershy grabs the bear by the neck!
Fluttershy snaps the joint!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 19, 2011, 08:54:08 pm »

Fluttershy dodges!
Bear is no longer enraged.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 19, 2011, 08:55:13 pm »

Fluttershy dodges!
Fluttershy has left the martial trance

DarkGenesis

• Bay Watcher
  • Darkness Shall Rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 20, 2011, 03:32:24 am »

Fluttershy dodges!
Twilight Sparkle cancels talk to Fluttershy: went insane!
Twilight Sparkle has gone stark raving mad!

With regards to the mount thing, even with the sizes being right I struggle to picture the ponies actually riding anything aside from chariots or carriages judging from the show.

Also we need more votes for the ponies in Ult1mara's thread, the power of friendship cannot lose to fortress defense!  :P
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 03:40:00 am by DarkGenesis »

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 20, 2011, 05:41:44 am »

Well, with really big animals like water buffalo, it's possible they could stand on their backs, perhaps using a "saddle" that makes a more convenient platform. And, of course, the tops of tank shells are conveniently flat because I say so. I suppose I could do two sets of files, one with some larger creatures allowed as mounts(elephants, water buffalo, tanks, bears once I'm done with them, horses for lulz) and one without any mounts. I'll definitely disallow mounts for buffalo, though. Does anyone know if making civ creatures mountable has any effect? Like, if I make draltha ponies mountable, will slippies and gorlaks ride them into battle? Knowing my luck, it'll be Underlords doing the riding, "Giddy up, peasant!".

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #717 on: October 20, 2011, 10:47:32 am »

Nido are u perfectly ok with me doing an LP of this mod? And a review of it?

As it seems a lot of ppl are wanting me to do this mod over Genesis or Fortress Defence
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

SeigeOps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 20, 2011, 11:33:21 am »

Fluttershy dodges!
Twilight Sparkle cancels talk to Fluttershy: went insane!
Twilight Sparkle has gone stark raving mad!
Twilight Sparkle withdraws from society...
Twilight Sparkle has created 'Smartypants' an artifact rope reed cloth doll!
[This is a sheep wool cloth doll. All craftponyship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with buttons of cobaltite and bauxite. It is decorated with midnight bulb dyed pig tail cloth, peafowl feather, and papyrus ream. The object is adorned with hanging hair of sheep wool yarn. On the item is an image of unicorn and stars.The unicorn is surrounded by stars. The artwork relates to the apprenticeship of Twilight Sparkle the unicorn to Celestia, the royal pony leader of the Lands of Equestria.]

I too want to see an LP/review of this mod, but I also kinda want to see the next update come out before a review is done of it since a lot of content and fixes are coming apparently. It's up to Nido though.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 20, 2011, 11:42:50 am »

I've got no problem with using this mod for LPs, doing reviews, or even making their own add-ons for it. I am trying to get the next update out within the next ten days, though, so if you want to start the LP before then it might be better to do one of the others. I don't mind either way, though, more pony, more better.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 140