Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 336159 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #750 on: October 22, 2011, 11:09:29 am »

Would it be possible to make a limbs/tissue out of non-tangible materials to make something similar to the Ursa Major/Minor (maybe a special "stardust" material)? Or would such a creature fall apart from being pinched by a fly due to the dubious quailites of the material?

Also would it be possible to make scythes that have superheated/corrosive edges, effectively laser-cutting your foes, or would that cause it to hurt itself?
(Imagine the "wavy mane" Nightmare Moon has, and having it be a scythe/tentacle/extra limb thats incredibly harmful to touch alone, and/or being made of stars  )

1. Yes, but it is usualy a very bad idea to do so, unless you put some sort of tissue on top of it. Look at the storys of killing Titans made of fire or water to get a good idea on how fragile something like that would be. There is a reason why most powerful flame based beasts have a shell of obisdien protecting them. Now, on the other hand, "stardust" as a actual dust attack would be interesting...

2. Yes, but it can get rather tricky on keeping your pony alive if it was super hot. Rather, make the point of contact super thin, like a fluffy wambler or a whip. That should simulate what you would want.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 22, 2011, 11:37:08 am »

Because Ponies>Trolls.
Also it may be my inner-cynic talking but this seems like a shameless plug to try get more traffic to your mod.

My inner cynic thinks that about near every post I make v_v

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 22, 2011, 12:37:20 pm »

Wanted to add a Termagaunt caste to the Gaunt pony creature, but found out that the liquid glob attack is not functional (and to give a frequently-appearing creature a mass-affecting acid attack would be too much... fun).

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 23, 2011, 08:59:07 am »

Oh crap. Gaunt pack entered the map, and I'm not ready. Have to hide.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 23, 2011, 09:07:32 am »

Would it be possible to make a limbs/tissue out of non-tangible materials to make something similar to the Ursa Major/Minor (maybe a special "stardust" material)? Or would such a creature fall apart from being pinched by a fly due to the dubious quailites of the material?

Also would it be possible to make scythes that have superheated/corrosive edges, effectively laser-cutting your foes, or would that cause it to hurt itself?
(Imagine the "wavy mane" Nightmare Moon has, and having it be a scythe/tentacle/extra limb thats incredibly harmful to touch alone, and/or being made of stars  )

1. Yes, but it is usualy a very bad idea to do so, unless you put some sort of tissue on top of it. Look at the storys of killing Titans made of fire or water to get a good idea on how fragile something like that would be. There is a reason why most powerful flame based beasts have a shell of obisdien protecting them. Now, on the other hand, "stardust" as a actual dust attack would be interesting...

2. Yes, but it can get rather tricky on keeping your pony alive if it was super hot. Rather, make the point of contact super thin, like a fluffy wambler or a whip. That should simulate what you would want.

Although Gizogin found a way to make a creature semi-tangible.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 23, 2011, 01:32:13 pm »

The world has passed into the age of bronies

*remembers the Babylon 5 pilot intro speech*

...The name of the place is Bay 12. *epic music*

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 24, 2011, 11:20:55 am »

Hmmm.
Maybe I should make the Tyranid Ponies into a unplayable civilization. They'd have a pop rate of about 100:10:1 gaunt:carnifex:bio-titan (maybe some new castes too, like HydralRaveners) and would be as evil as possible and do sieges. That way, not each siege would have a bio-titan in it, but they would be there... and you'd have to really prepare for them.

Of course, they would have no weapons and armor exept their natural ones, and no mounts.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 24, 2011, 12:00:41 pm »

Each time I get back into DF, I learn something new about not getting my dwarvesponies killed.

That next update is coming soon?  Cause yea, my fort crash and burned, unable to self-sustain in the face of siege.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 24, 2011, 12:16:41 pm »

Each time I get back into DF, I learn something new about not getting my dwarvesponies killed.

That next update is coming soon?  Cause yea, my fort crash and burned, unable to self-sustain in the face of siege.
It could be a while. Not sure when he said he'd think he would be finished.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 24, 2011, 12:21:24 pm »

I think it was sometime before Oct31.

Btw, yet another question: is there a way to give a creature a projectile (as in, hydralisk needle spines) attack?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 24, 2011, 12:25:16 pm »

I think it was sometime before Oct31.

Btw, yet another question: is there a way to give a creature a projectile (as in, hydralisk needle spines) attack?
You can get them to hurl globs of stuff, but no way to have edged attacks yet  :(

And thank you for the date, I'm excited  :D

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 24, 2011, 12:39:30 pm »

...and yet another question.
I apparently screwed something up. The gaunt packs do not actively attack. And I found this out only now, about 6 hours into the fort. :/
Probably it's the size: they're a bit smaller than ponies (200000) and [LARGE_PREDATOR] (also [LIKES_FIGHTING]), so they need to be made bigger to be an active menace.
Question: will this happen if I modify the save world folder's raw file?

And if there's another way to make a creature actively attack, please tell me.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:44:47 pm by Valikdu »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 24, 2011, 12:47:59 pm »

Yes, changes to a creature will take effect immediately.
Also, [PRONE_TO_RAGE] might help with that. I think it also gives combat bonuses, though, so be careful with it.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 24, 2011, 04:36:16 pm »

Might want to put a lictor pony in instead of the ravener, at least at first. Them you can just add the ambush tag to.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 26, 2011, 02:58:26 pm »

When the next update hits, a goal of mine will be to find a book with a story somewhat resembling the series opener. :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 140