Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 334710 times)

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« on: March 21, 2011, 04:32:28 pm »

Version 1.71

Adds a new creature, the Little Pony, with six castes, Earth, Pegasus and Unicorn in both genders, and a playable pony civilisation. Also changes meal names to cupcakes, muffins and baked bads, adds five pony armour items, a topiary toy and a birds nest(just a renamed nesting box, really), and adds four hundred and forty one different stripe patterns for use in pony hair. Ponies have a grasping mouth, are much larger than dwarves and have higher than average creativity, endurance and empathy.

Caste differences:
 Earth ponies are closer to nature and thus gain skill in most farming related and some other nature-related jobs 30% quicker than others, at the expense of learning delicate crafting skills, leadership and admin skills 20% slower.
 Unicorn ponies have a grasping horn in addition to the standard grasping mouth and the opposite skill changes to earth ponies.
 Pegasuses... Pegasi... Pegasodes..? The pretty, flying ponies, have the FLIER tag, which apparently does nothing, learn dodging 60% faster than all other ponies and have been made 20% cooler and faster with a base speed of 777, though this is balanced by making them 10% slower at learning many skills.

Earth ponies learn these skills faster: MINING, WOODCUTTING, ANIMALTRAIN, ANIMALCARE, BUTCHER, BREWING, MILLING, PROCESSPLANTS, MILK, COOK, PLANT, HERBALISM, FORGE_FURNITURE, CUTGEM, WOODCRAFT, STONECRAFT, LEATHERWORK, SHEARING, POTTERY, PRESSING, BEEKEEPING.

Unicorn ponies learn these skills faster: GLAZING, SPINNING, BONECARVE, MECHANICS, DESIGNBUILDING, DIAGNOSE, SURGERY, ORGANIZATION, RECORD_KEEPING, METALCRAFT, GLASSMAKER, ENCRUSTGEM, FORGE_WEAPON, CLOTHESMAKING, TANNER, WEAVING, CARPENTRY, DETAILSTONE, MASONRY, CHEESEMAKING, LEADERSHIP.

Aside from regular ponies, there are also zebras, cave ponies, evil diomedian ponies, buffalo, lions(manticores, griffons and sphinxes) and the combo-platter rainbow ponies, each one distinct. Parasprites, animal ponies, tanks(herbivorous reptiles with blue skin and rainbow shells), jays of many colours, apple, citrus and banana ents, the ability to paint wood and make bread and cake, and umbrella hats.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 05:52:20 pm by Nidokoenig »

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 05:58:20 pm »

I'm already shaking my head and saying "this is so wrong," as I smile and download it out of morbid curiosity.

Just warn me in advance: Will I be vomiting sugar?

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 06:02:02 pm »

Confound this mod, it nigh drives me to not wait for the next update!
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 06:53:50 pm »

I'm already shaking my head and saying "this is so wrong," as I smile and download it out of morbid curiosity.

Cat meat and dwarven sugar cupcakes, maybe. But given their size and weight relative to dorfs and such, ponies tend to be pretty brutal in battle. I once embarked on a terrifying site and I had no trouble sending green wrestling ponies out to kill ogres. So they're great for gruesome embarks. They just giggle at the ghosties.

Confound this mod, it nigh drives me to not wait for the next update!

It's not all that complex, it should be easy to downgrade it a little way. Which version do you use?

[5th]Lupin

• Bay Watcher
  • Since '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 08:03:48 pm »

Ha ha, oh man. I was thinking about a mod like this last night, and lo and behold, here it is.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 09:02:19 pm »

Cat meat and dwarven sugar cupcakes, maybe. But given their size and weight relative to dorfs and such, ponies tend to be pretty brutal in battle. I once embarked on a terrifying site and I had no trouble sending green wrestling ponies out to kill ogres. So they're great for gruesome embarks. They just giggle at the ghosties.

Yeah, a little bit of play time, and these ponies kick ass. I'd almost say this is the opposite of Kobold Camp, while that one's a fair bit harder due to being smaller and weaker than most things, this is more like an "easy mode," at least until you get a more balanced evil civ in.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 09:25:28 pm »

I was thinking a dark pony civ. Ogre ponies instead of earth, vampire ponies instead of pegasi, and unitentacles instead of unicorns, that sort of thing. And/or a dragon civ, maybe, since there's support for the idea in MLP lore. Did I just say "MLP lore"? Goddammit, /co/, you've made me slightly gayer!

rynait

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 12:28:46 am »

Heh,

moving my mouse for a download.  thinking perfect hopefully clean game to hook older kids on.

Oh gee, cancel that thought, no kid here in my house. sheesh.

Rynait

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 01:15:47 am »

Don't forget to add four castes of apocalypse :P.

Oh gee, cancel that thought, no kid here in my house. sheesh.
Omg no kid?! Quick, make it nao!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

DanielLC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 01:24:32 am »

Why do the unicorns have prehensile horns?

Do the pegasi have wings?

You were confused about the plural form of pegasus. The correct answer is that there is no plural form because Pegasus was a specific horse.

If you want to make one up, it's Latin, so most likely pegasi.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 01:34:38 am »

The correct answer is that there is no plural form because Pegasus was a specific horse.
This. The same actually should be for cyclops (cyclopi) since it was a specific mythology name and collossi (comes straight from latin).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 06:35:51 am »

You were confused about the plural form of pegasus. The correct answer is that there is no plural form because Pegasus was a specific horse.

Unicorns in MLP:FiM have telekinetic abilities, and their horns glow when they do it. Making the horn prehensile is just a kludge to represent that. Pega-whatsits do have wings, and the wings have their colours individually defined, like how the toys tend to have wings in a darker colour. Or at least the G3's I got a crate full of off of eBay do.
 I was under the impression that Pegasus was a Greek legend, so he'd have a Greek plural like octopus-> octopodes. I know enough about Latin to say that it's not a matter of making it up, there are firmly defined declension and the plural is linked to the singular form, and you've assumed that his name would be second declension rather than fourth, which you can't tell without a genitive(It's a safe bet, mind). It could even be an irregular third declension noun. But yes, pegasi is the most likely plural, I was just acting derpy for lulz.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 07:04:53 am »

Unicorns in MLP:FiM have telekinetic abilities, and their horns glow when they do it. Making the horn prehensile is just a kludge to represent that.
so staring at their horns will reveal glowing digits then nothing at all due to being blinded by glowing light.
dang if I wasn't too busy messing around in DFmode Forts I would so code a silly mount code in Dfusion and allow any one to ride one (though you might be caught not having any control of the beast). though I can see problems with the flying ones and the off chance of death by falling.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Monkey King

• Bay Watcher
  • I MUST HAVE BODY PARTS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 07:16:16 pm »

Holy crap. Not only was I just working on the exact same thing, it looks like you went about it in almost the exact same way I did. Well, except that yours works. :p

I was going to go one step further and outright forbid the hunting profession, along with the normal kitchen, and invent a custom "vegetarian" kitchen for them. Supposedly they're all herbivores, so they shouldn't be chowing down on puppy burgers.

Also, shoulda called it Slaves to Celestia: My Little Fortress.

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 07:19:21 pm »

I have to say it.

Has anybody travestied the RAWs for this mod yet? I can only imagine the possibilities!

Rochndil, who will have to do it himself when he has time...
Build an Elf a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Drown an Elf in magma, keep him warm for the rest of his life!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 140