Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 334732 times)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 11:36:34 pm »

I was going to go one step further and outright forbid the hunting profession, along with the normal kitchen, and invent a custom "vegetarian" kitchen for them. Supposedly they're all herbivores, so they shouldn't be chowing down on puppy burgers.
Then what's in the hot dogs, not to mention they herd pigs like cattle...

You could make a strong Diamond dog faction though as well. Along with powerful swarming parasprites that both can steal, and cause massive destruction to both ponies and buildings.

Ves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 11:44:24 pm »

This mod doesn't have any Griffons?

I'm out of here, dweebs.

Stormcloudy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 12:58:46 am »

I love you. I'm not going to download this, 'cause it doesn't seem like my kind of mod (I like my civ to be Dwarves.), but the ponies needed to take over this game. Combine with CandyFortress for great justice.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 11:50:15 am »

I love you. I'm not going to download this, 'cause it doesn't seem like my kind of mod (I like my civ to be Dwarves.), but the ponies needed to take over this game. Combine with CandyFortress for great justice.
so you don't want to modify it so there just a another playable race(and keep your Dwarves?) and get unicorn caravan plus this with that MSPAHomestuck mod and you get both Fan-trolls and Fan-ponies dying at the depot.
leading to RAINBOW BLOOD, RAINBOW PUKE All over the lawn! If your dwarves think sun light hurt then pure concentrated Friendship, Love, and 4 relationship quadrants would make them collapse in pain. Making the hidden siege of Trolls on ponies all the much easier.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 12:07:16 pm »

The ponies don't replace the dwarves. You actually have to consult the the Legends to be sure you're picking a pony civ from the lit on the site locator(though pony civs tend to have more flowery and happy names because of their preferences). They also have different morality modifiers to dwarves and you'll sometimes find them at war with them. You could also strip out the smart-makey stuff and make them pets and grazers so you can just have pet ponies. Om nom nom, pegasus pony meat cupcakes.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 12:29:56 pm »

The ponies don't replace the dwarves. You actually have to consult the the Legends to be sure you're picking a pony civ from the lit on the site locator(though pony civs tend to have more flowery and happy names because of their preferences). They also have different morality modifiers to dwarves and you'll sometimes find them at war with them. You could also strip out the smart-makey stuff and make them pets and grazers so you can just have pet ponies. Om nom nom, pegasus pony meat cupcakes.
Alternian Trolls riding on War UniPonies both having swords rushing down to kill your dwarves because you have a horse feeding from a pail/bucket. though the music for fort mode and the menu has to be change to MLP Themes and scores so those playing this know there not playing no normal DF, Their playing My Little Fortress.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Panboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 07:43:01 am »

I had posted here asking how to do stuff.
Then I found out how like a smart little pony.

I will now head in to the earth with a cute army of ponies spilling blood for the Friendship god. :3
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:47:51 am by Panboy »

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 08:55:35 am »

The correct answer is that there is no plural form because Pegasus was a specific horse.
If you want to make one up, it's Latin, so most likely pegasi.
This. The same actually should be for cyclops (cyclopi) since it was a specific mythology name and collossi (comes straight from latin).

Close. Cyclops the Latinised version of the Greek word Κύκλωψ; in both languages they belong to the third declension of nouns and as such take -es in the nominative plural, so the plural of cyclops is cyclopes.
Pegasus and colossus are both loan words in Latin from Greek, too, but they belong to the more familiar second declension in both languages and take -i in the nominative plural, so pegasi and colossi are correct.

DanielLC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 11:34:20 am »

I was under the impression that Pegasus was a Greek legend, so he'd have a Greek plural like octopus-> octopodes.

It was a Greek legend, but Pegasus is the Latinized name. If you want it in Greek, the singular would be Πήγασος, or Pegasos. I don't know the plural.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 03:14:28 pm »

how do i get this to work >.> never tried using a mod...other then the ironhande graphics pack

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 06:06:13 pm »

I was under the impression that Pegasus was a Greek legend, so he'd have a Greek plural like octopus-> octopodes.

It was a Greek legend, but Pegasus is the Latinized name. If you want it in Greek, the singular would be Πήγασος, or Pegasos. I don't know the plural.

The putative nominative plural would be Πήγᾰσοɩ - it's second declension. "Podes" in octopodes is from "pous", which is third declension and so takes -es in the nominative plural.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 07:12:41 pm »

how do i get this to work >.> never tried using a mod...other then the ironhande graphics pack

First, you'll need 7Zip to extract the files. You'll find thirteen text documents in extracted folder, put these in the objects folder inside the raw folder inside the folder you have Dwarf Fortress installed in. You'll know you have the right one because you'll be asked if you want to replace item_food.txt. Click yes if you want to replace biscuits, stews and roasts made in kitchens with cupcakes, muffins and baked bads, or click no if you don't. Now that that's done, all you need to do is generate a new world.

Be sure to check the civilisations in the legends mode, so you can make sure you pick a pony civilisation, which you do by tabbing through the menus on the site locator until you see a list of playable ones, so you can pick whichever dwarven or pony civilisation takes your fancy. I'd advise you to set the number of civilisations fairly high, because I'm pretty sure worldgen only checks to see if at least one playable civ survives world gen, and the ponies seem to hate the goblins more than anyone else judging by the frequency of wars between the two in legends mode, so dorfs might outlast them.

I'm currently playing this mod a bit to give it a chance to show me any bugs so I can fix them before it becomes too ungainly. Some changes I'm already going to include in the next version so far include:

Reducing pony size from 450 kilos to just 300, unless there are violent disagreements*
Giving ponies more suitable gloves, as they'll currently wear mittens, gloves and gauntlets in their grasping mouths and on their horns. I'm a bit stuck for what to call these. I suppose a handkerchief or bandana could be used to cover a mouth or horn, and making sure they have appropriate helms that cover the head and all it's dependants should be enough for defensive purposes.
Add parasprites. I'm currently imagining them as food thieves, guzzlers and grazers with prolific cluster sizes, and either slightly sentient like gremlins or vermin hunters like cats to make slaughter difficult if anypony is foolish enough to tame them. Maybe add musical instruments as weapons?
Evil pony civ, including dark and evil-looking hair stripe patterns. Perhaps also a more dorfy, "cave pony" civ, too, and split the animal and plant use permissions up a bit(they're far too generous as is, unicorns as embark supply options?).

*Actual pony sizes vary quite a bit, from 150 kilos to 500 kilos, but zebras, which we can use for comparison because of Zecora, range from 225 to 430.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 09:09:11 pm »

As per suggestions above, perhaps a civ of trading zebras like zecora, and a race of griffins who are normally peaceful but likely to be at war?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 09:20:29 pm »

ALERT THE 4chan /co/ INTERNET!

Brutally kill and maim MLP:FiM characters in dwarf fortress! :o
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Monkey King

• Bay Watcher
  • I MUST HAVE BODY PARTS
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 10:02:27 pm »

I think it goes without saying that this is the version of FiM that appears in all those "grimdark" stories. Sure, they seem cute and innocent, until you watch a pony with a battle axe systematically chop a goblin's arms off.

I would have made the ponies smaller, anyway. As is, they're not too much lighter than horses, so it's a fair balance adjustment; only Celestia would seem to be that big. I hadn't thought about them wearing mittens on their faces, though. I guess bridles wouldn't be too out of place?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 140