Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 334760 times)

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 12:10:29 am »

Zebras as a civ would be a cool idea. Could be a little boring in comparison, it's a little hard to come up with alternate forms for them, and just copying earth/unicorn/pegasus is a little dull. Maybe some research into African legends is in order. Griffins, another good idea.

The problem with bridles is that item marked as gloves are worn on any grasping body part, so it has to be a valid mouth and horn protector, because of the unicorns and their pseudotelekinetically grasping horn. That's why I'll probably end up using handkerchiefs and bandanas, because it's easy to tie them over a mouth or wrap them round a horn.

Panboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 11:18:07 am »

I've noticed something odd. In Dwarf Therapist most of my ponies are showing up as female but in game its reversed. I can understand why a pony fort would be 90% female so I'm confused as to why their all actually male. Is this a problem with Therapist or am I having a strange bug?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2011, 11:44:39 am »

it's possible that therapist is reading the caste rather than the gender.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2011, 12:20:04 pm »

I've just checked in my fort, and yes, only male earth ponies are showing up as male in Dwarf Therapist. My male pegasus Herbalist and male unicorn Mechanic are showing up as female in Dwarf Therapist, but male in game, so it's just Dwarf Therapist being screwy. This happens because earth ponies are the [MALE] and [FEMALE] castes, while the others are [FEMALE_PEGASUS] and so on, but all the other castes are marked up as being the correct gender and handled as such by the game itself, no gay marriages or anything in my fort... although my milker bears so many grudges I'd worry about stuff getting added to the milk, if she wasn't female. Maybe each caste is assigned a number, and [MALE] is 0, so Dwarf Therapist sees Gender != 0 and assumes female, or something?

When the first artifact my ponies made was called Idromïggal, The Short Trap, I knew it was an omen of some kind.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2011, 12:22:45 pm »

that is indeed correct.

stonesense does something similar, but you can manually specify caste.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2011, 07:45:16 pm »

I'm hoping to get the next update done by the end of the week. Here's my summary of what zebras are going to be like, with thanks to an Anon over on Ponychan for pointing me to some groovy legends:

Aziza Zebras: Based on African fairies, they live in forests, and thus have increased skill gains in hunting and wood-related skills. As the aziza are also the beings who gave man the gift of fire, aziza zebras gain skill in furnace related abilities quicker.

Ibis Zebras: Based on the ibis bird, considered sacred by the ancient Egyptians and believed to represent Thoth, these winged zebras are good at negotiation, organisation, record keeping, architectural skills and delicate crafting work. They are also great animal trappers and herbalists. While most Ibes are black and white, some are brilliant red.

Karkadann and Abada Zebras: Karkadann have one horn growing from their muzzle and outnumber Abada, who have two horns growing from their heads, two to one. Both known for their purity and the medicinal properties of their horns, they have higher than average ability in medical, dissection and farming skills, as well as cheese and soap making. Having two horns allows the Abada to focus two telekinetic waves at once, allowing it to wield two shields in addition to a weapon.

As far as is possible, I'll be making these mods modular. The only thing I'd say are requirements are the stripe patterns, because I'll use them wherever I please, but you'll be able to play with any one of or any mix of ponies, zebras, cave ponies and night mares(for the love of Celestia, give me a better name) you please, or even just add parasprites to make you draft every dorf in your fort to slaughter a storm of food eating, booze guzzling, psychotic balls of fluff every so often.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2011, 07:46:13 pm »

Wait a minute, are you telling me I can have war ponies?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2011, 07:51:55 pm »

This mod is for adding ponies as a new civ, not pets, so you can have hammerponies, axeponies, swordsponies and so on. I could make a version with the sapience-related stuff stripped out and add pet-related stuff liking graze values and milking if people just want pet ponies and war ponies.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2011, 10:51:26 pm »

Needs more Evil Enchantresses. Who do evil Danceses

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2011, 11:58:03 pm »

What is this terrible awesome thing.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 12:21:00 am »

Code: [Select]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE]
Uhhhhhh???? I have only seen the first episode of MLP but this seems wildly out of character.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2011, 12:34:59 am »

Not for the players.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2011, 12:38:00 am »

Yeah, okay, so when we mod in a race of DF Players, they can have every ethic set to ACCEPTABLE...

oh hell, now I have to make that entity file.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2011, 10:43:14 am »

In Griffon the Brush Off, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash are pulling pranks for the whole first half of the episode, which is the full extent of the logic behind it. But mostly I did that so world gen wouldn't be sparkles and rainbows.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2011, 10:57:22 am »

...WhatWhatWhat? Not to be totally irrelevant and stray from the mod or anything... buuut.

What is this i'm hearing? Unicorn-Breeding? Pegasi? And now... Ponies.
I mean, I thought Dwarves was connected to Armok? Would Armok permit wussy-whumblin' on plushies and little children hugging Unicorns? No. I'm pretty sure he would chug them down their throats and make them suffocate, probabbly causing a Tantrum Spiral.

Real Dwarves pop outta holes in the ground. Real Dorfs multiply with ascii and eat ponies for Fine Meals. /newfag

Oh and thank you for this mod. I'm really glad for all the !!SCIENCE!! you guys are committing :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 140